“Stay elsewhere--there are better places in the area”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 2 May 2010

This place is in such dire need of an upgrade. Everything about the place needs help. On the day of my checkout, much furniture was on its way out,being sold in the parking lot and given to staff. However, new carpet, furniture and flat panel televisions isn't gong to be enough. The cracked sinks disgusting bath tubs and moldy tile all need t be scrapped. Also, what kind of "resort hotel" closed their bar at 10 p.m. on a busy weekend night? Give me a break. The Courtyard by Marriott has nicer rooms, is less expensive and is nearly as close to Knott's Berry Farm.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill L
There are newer reviews for Knott's Berry Farm Hotel

Reviewed 29 April 2010

My brother his wife, my boyfriend and I stayed one night here for my brother and my birthday. We got a smoking room because two of us smoked and the balconies were "just for show" as they told me (never understood that but ok). The window only opened two inches!!! I understand the hazards of their experience at this hotel being bad, but let them jump if they want to. When we first opened the door it smelled so bad, not even like smoke, just rank. We went to the park for the day and leaving the window cracked the whole two inches helped. We woke up the next morning and found a bedbug on the comforter. That is just too disgusting! When we checked out I got my money back for the room and for parking... the funny part is the manager didn't seem the least bit surprised that we had found one. I have found one other review with bedbugs... I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heidicat81
Reviewed 24 April 2010

we stayed with a group of 5 adults and 2 kids( 6 and 12) one room was a snoopy room and one was reg. snoopy rooms echo really bad and need to be updated other room was a basic room. staff was rude didnt, never answered their phones, all ice machines were not working on any floor was told to buy ice in resturant. there are a few other hotel next door that are cheaper and look just as nice check them out. we stayed 3 days as we had bought a package dont do that really you can see the whole park in 1 day.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank amyk94
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I booked this hotel for a me and a friend because we were doing a event at Knotts. I liked the location because it was a short walk to the park. Lots of great marketplace stores on the way to the park. Yumm, Mrs. Knotts Chicken and Pinks. I was not to impressed with the cleanliness of the room, the bathroom had mold around the tub. If you looked up at the ceiling over the tub it had stains where leaks had taken place.. Geez, paint please!! Wallpaper peeling off. We found receipts twice around the room from other guests stays two years before. Beds were hard, and old. The room we stayed in just looked outdated. For the price you pay to stay here I expected a better facilty. It was an ok stay, quiet once all the loudmouths from the pool went in. We will be doing the event at Knotts every year so I would probably stay again just because its really close.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank CedarPointFan75
Reviewed 21 April 2010

it's a shame because this place has so much potential, some rooms are remodeled and some are plain gross from utter neglect
plain and simple - the old rooms were near motel six !

we encountered a bedbug near the pillow in the morning, when i pressed on the thing it left a blood spot worthy of a good cut...they moved us from the remodeled room (8th floor) to the 3rd floor ghetto room- this room was dated to the point the bathroom fixtures had lost the shine many moons ago, and the room smelled of a Tijuana hotel, carpet looked like it never saw a carpet cleaner- **they removed the $36 in parking fee's for our inconvenience, better than nothing..

keep in mind $12 a night to park and $10 a night for Internet, that's $22 per night plus 12% room tax
I liked the staff, the convenience, and the overall stay was alright and we had fun around the pool... (security did have to confront the ghetto momma smoking in the jacuzzi) we felt safe, loved breakfast-snoopy-lobby- and proximity to Knotts
try to stay in the newer rooms, bring your own pillows, buy a mattress cover and don't forget the other cost - $190 for a three night stay + internet

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank grizsauls
Reviewed 17 April 2010

I am here because of an event I will be attending in the Park tomorrow. This is NOT a resort. I am sitting in my little hole of a room, at the end of the hall, which I paid for a king (on my paperwork) and got a full and this tiny room...just because I am not traveling with my husband, I think. I was told that it's too late to upgrade because they're almost full. Parking was very bad plus paying for it($12/day), room is at the end of the hall, hardly any room to turn around in. Dirty, furniture scratched, run down, ugly pictures and color scheme. no microwave or refer. have to move furniture to sit or open tv stand. hardly any room for suitcase stand. was told that's what I paid for. ha! can't wait to try to iron my clothes! had to go to the next floor down to get ice, the machine was broken. Internet $9.99/day.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank sunnydii
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Dirty carpets,mold in bathroom, torn wallpaper,,curtains spotted with food.
serious need of upgrade too. After looking at 4 rooms and the hard beds ETC. ETC. We decided to ask for a refund and was met with a serious dose of ATTITUDE. After about an hour or two we parted ways very unhappy and dissatisfied as this was to be our ANNIVERSARY NIGHT AWAY FROM CHILDREN.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple