“So much fun”

Pirates Dinner Adventure Buena Park
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guests will enjoy an astonishing display of special effects, aerial artistry, swashbuckling swordplay and dynamic duels while enjoying a delicious, four-course feast, fit for a Pirate King! The action is set aboard an 18th Century Spanish galleon adrift in a 250, 000- gallon lagoon. Our talented crew makes this show possible with brilliant actors, singers and stunt performers. Lads, lasses and scallywags of all ages don costumes to bring the adventure to life. Up to 150 volunteers participate in this epic production, truly making it the "World's Most Interactive Dinner Show!" You won't want to miss this adventure of a lifetime, so come ready to laugh, cheer, and sing along with the show!
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had such a fun night, even more so that our group were adults. The atmosphere was fantastic, ok the food wasn't that great but we weren't there to judge the food, we just ate it. The show was just fantastic and i would recommend anyone in the area to go. my only down fall was that it was in Buena Park, my fault though we were at the other side of LA and didn't realise how big LA was.

Still enjoyed though

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Took family & friends for my birthday while we were visiting in CA. It was not a full performance and was disappointed when we were seated in a section with limited views when other better seats were available. Food was good. The show itself kinda dragged at parts, but my kids (age 6 & 8) were both able to get involved in the show two times which they were very excited about. Since we have done Medieval Times in the past, this was a little different twist on the same theme. Overall, pleasant evening.

1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were so disappointed with this experience. The money that we spent to attend is embarrassing. The food was AWFUL- microwaved, soggy, frozen food, instant mashed potatoes. For 60$ a person we were expecting a show full of effects and stunts, and I am sure the actors are talented, but those talents were not displayed.

Younger kids will enjoy it, but for this kind of money you can take them somewhere worth it.

1  Thank skate_26
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We drove up from San Diego for a day at Knott's and overnight stay. We thought this would be a fun thing to do for dinner.

You can arrive 2 hours before show time for appetizers, drinks and a pre-show. It's definitely not worth getting there that early. You kind of mill around a few rooms that includes a gift shop. There are very few tables so after a long day at Knott's, the last thing I wanted to do was stand in a room for 2 hours. There are 2 bars with really pricey drinks that all come in souvenir cups. There are appetizers being circulated through the room by waiters. Some of the items I had were bread with meat and cheese, fried zucchini, mini fried tacos, jalapeno poppers, mini meatballs, and veggie plates. There were plenty of appetizers going around.

The preshow starts at 8:00, if you are there a few minutes before that you are good. After that they lead you into the area to be seated. I really don't think there is a bad seat in the house. There is action on every part of the stage. I thought the show was really entertaining and fun. My 8 year old daughter loved it!

The food that is offered starts with choice of veggie soup or salad. I chose the soup and it was not great. The veggies were all ground up in it so you didn't really know what you were eating. The broth was good though. My daughter got the salad and it was all lettuce except for 2 cherry tomatoes. For dinner you get a choice of chicken quarters or steak skewers. I chose the steak skewers which came with mash potatoes, rice, and veggies. The steak was so chewy that I couldn't even get it down. The mashed potatoes, veggies and rice were good so that was my dinner. For desert the served a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream and that was really good.

Overall, it was worth doing once, we had a lot of fun. We got a Groupon for this, I don't think it's worth the full price.

1  Thank kfoley
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We was part of a 200+ conference crowd that were brought here in coaches for an evening's entertainment/meal.

I've no idea what the cost of the show/meal was and drinks seemed to be quite pricey.

We started in a bar area for about half an hour for drinks, then allotted into a group to be led into the seated show area.

I must say, first impression, I thought the setting and ambience was great,

What can you say - while the show, whatever it was about, was somewhat entertaining the food left something to be desired.

I agree with a recent previous comment about the soup - and I had the beef thing which, I think, could have been the remains of a pirate's boot.

So, maybe don't expect too much from the food.

Couldn't make out what the show was about - but it was very energetic and looked like the participants were having fun.

All in all the whole experience was OK though, in my opnion, wouldn't be good value for money if it costs over $30 without drinks.

1  Thank denboa12