“Nice Hotel with Good Prices”

Portola Inn and Suites
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Nice Hotel with Good Prices”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel is really nice, clean and have good prices. We spend 4 nights before thanksgiving and our stay was perfect. If you go to vacation with family this hotel is good located to visit Disneyland, Medieval Times (a couple of blocks away) and Universal (take care about traffic hours). Refrigerator and microwave is a must if you want to save some money. There is always parking available and staff is very friendly. The only recomendation is about breakfast, that can be better (packaged pastries, white bread, juice, apples, coffee)...but there is a Dennys really near and your problem will be solved.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
We would like to thank you for staying at Portola Inn and Suites during your 4-night visit to beautiful Southern California. And we would also like to thank you for providing us with your feedback on your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our property. That our team members shined for you during your stay and that you found our property conveniently located to most attractions places such as Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, Universal Studio and the like. We hope you were able to take advantage of our free Wi-Fi, parking and On-Demand channels. We hope to see you on your next visit to Southern California.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Hortonville
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We booked a room for one night at this hotel and from the pictures online it looked like a really nice, neat well-kept hotel. Our first disappointment was the rather "sketchy" neighborhood the hotel was located in. The area is evidently very old and the hotel up close showed that. The elevator to our room was located outside which was rather strange. Our room was thankfully a little bit better than the outside in terms of upkeep and looks. However, during the night (4 am to be exact) I was awakened by someone's car alarm going off for minutes. I finally got up and looked out the window to see a vehicle leaving the parking lot right after the alarm stopped. I then began to wonder if the vehicle was just stolen. A few minutes after that, I heard another car alarm go off and when I went to look out the window again, a man walked right by my window!! (A man I saw looking out his window curtain at us when we checked in and now walking past our room window at 4 am??) Very scary and very suspicious activities as far as I can tell. The breakfast the next morning was very continental with only a few packaged pastries and coffee/juice. We were just happy to get out of there that morning. Definitely would not advise anyone to stay there especially a family!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you so much for the comments you have provided us with on your recent stay at Portola Inn and Suites. After conducting our research with our camera system, and after speaking with our guests, we found that no car was stolen from our property. What happen with what you saw was a simple prank that a couple of friends, who were staying at our property played on each other. Portola Inn and Suites is highly regarded as a family hotel, one of the few that the beautiful city of Buena Park has to offer. Our property is also one of the top ten hotels on TripAdvisor due in great part to the comments our guest leave for us and for all to read. We hope you can reconsider staying at our property next time you are visiting the Orange County/Buena Park area, and please apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay at Portola Inn and Suites.

Kindly,
Paradise
Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you are looking for a nice, clean hotel in a safe area at very reasonable prices, this is the place to go.

While driving from Northern California to Southern California, we were looking for a good price in a nice hotel/motel near Cerritos. I began by going to Priceline and found the Portola Inn and Suites. It had very high ratings compared to others so I went to their website. That is where I saw a mention of best rates booking direct. I called the hotel and spoke with a very kind and professional front desk agent. I quoted the Priceline rate to her and she gave me a better AAA rate. We had the card but we were not asked for it at check in.

LOCATION: This hotel is very conveniently located if you are looking to visit Disneyland, Medieval Times, Knott's Berry Farm or any other orange county event. It is very close (and convenient) to Interstate 5 and the 91 Freeway off of Beach Blvd. but it is just far enough off the freeways where you do not hear freeway traffic. There is a Sizzler Restaurant almost directly across the street and several other restaurants within a short drive.

LOBBY: When entering the lobby, I was very impressed as to how clean and well maintained it was.

STAFF: During our overnight stay, I spoke with 3 different employees. Each one was very kind and professional. They definitely understand customer service.

PARKING: There was no shortage of parking in their parking lot and we were easily able to park close to our room.

ROOM: The room was very clean and comfortable. I would have appreciated a slightly softer bed however I cannot find fault in the bed. It was clean and adequate - this is, afterall, not a Sheraton Hotel where you pay 2 - 3 times as much. I also want to point out that I never heard anybody from any other rooms while in my room.

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST: This is not one of your more elaborate continental breakfasts but it was adequate. You can have coffee, tea, apple juice or orange juice, fruit, cold cereal, prepackaged bagels and prepackaged pastries. Hey folks, it is not the Sheraton so I have no complaints.

ELEVATORS: This is a three-story hotel and they do have an elevator. It was one of the slowest elevators I have seen at a hotel but I cannot hold that against them as I was more than happy to use the stairs, too. The Ice Machine was located next to the elevator on the 2nd floor.

I would definitely look forward to staying here again if I had any events or vacations planned in this area. I hope that this helps you in your decision making!

Room Tip: It is always best to ask your questions when you book your room. They will always try to accommoda...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for the detailed review you have regarding Portola Inn and Suites. We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that our spacious and clean rooms were of your liking. Yes, we are the ideal hotel for those people who would like to visit such attraction places as Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland and Universal Studios. Also, as you have stated, we try to offer the best possible rate to our guest, as we know that saving a dollar here and there will go a long way. We hope you were able to enjoy our free amenities such a Wi-Fi, parking and continental breakfast. Our staff is highly trained at providing the best customer service and we are happy to know that they are providing great customer service to all our valued guest. Thank you one more for the great review and we hope to see you next time you are visiting the Buena Park area.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have stayed at the Portola Inn and Suites twice now, and each experience has gotten better. The rooms are very large, there is plenty of room to spread out, which is great if you are an over packer like me. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable of the surrounding area. There is a television, refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine, iron/ ironing board and hair dryer in the room. It is located near a shopping plaza and many restaurants, which is great because you can purchase your own food at the near by grocery store and put it in the room's refrigerator to keep cold and bring with you to the near by theme parks the next day, I did this when I stayed both times, once for Disneyland and once for Knott's Berry Farm. The lobby also has some pastries, toast, fresh fruit, and coffee in the morning for breakfast. I would recommend this for anyone. I recommend this hotel to everyone who will be visiting the Buena Park area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We would like to thank for been a returning guest and we are happy to know that your stay always improves with each time to stay at Portola Inn and Suites. You have nicely stated all the amenities we offer at our newly remodeled property. We hope you were able to enjoy our other free amenities such as Wi-Fi, parking and continental breakfast. As you have stated in your review, all our newly remodeled rooms are spacious and are in an immaculate state as our housekeeping team due a magnificent job in that aspect. Yes, we are located only five minutes away from Knott's Berry Farm, and about ten minutes away from Disneyland. Our twenty-four hour front desk is always ready to assist you at any hour during the day or night. We hope you can stay with us next time you come visit the Buena Park/Orange County area.

Landover, Maryland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I really appreciate the nice affordable stay and great location near Theme Parks, Malls and Restaurants. This Hotel was very comfortable and clean and provided a nice light breakfast each morning. I also want to give recognition to the Staff who was very helpful in my accommodations and stay. I spoke to Jeremy 11/06/2013 and he assisted in making my initial Reservations for Veterans Day Weekend 11/09/2013 -11/12/2012. I had arrived earlier before the check in time and was very tired from my flight in from LAX and I met Dharmesh and Pita at the Front Desk who were very helpful in also assisting with providing a room that was ready before check-in hour. This gave me a chance to get refreshed and prepare to see my family. Also these two provided good team work again with directions to all locations of interest. This Hotel was centrally located and I was able to enjoy a quiet and relaxing stay after returning from each adventure. I really enjoyed the suite that was very clean and really appreciated the Generosity and Professionalism of the Staff. I hope to Return Next Veterans Day 2014

Kind Regards
Reginald

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
We are very thankful that you found our facility to your liking and that our entire front desk team members shined for you during your stay at Portola Inn and Suites. We are glad to know that you found our immaculate rooms to your liking. Yes, as you were able to see, we are centrally located in Buena Park as it will only take you a few minutes to go to such places as theme parks, malls, restaurants, movie theater etc. Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we'll be waiting for you on your return to our property next year.

Fresno, California
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed back in October 2013 I checked in a Friday night. When I drove in I said oh my where am I staying at? But the neighborhood is good quiet no problems. We checked in and the girl at the front desk Daisy she was awesome had great customer service made us laugh and she was very helpful. I will be coming back soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Thank you so much for giving us a chance of staying with us upon arriving at our Buena Park property. We are very happy to know that you did enjoy your stay at Portola Inn and Suites, as we have spacious rooms and offer free Wi-Fi, parking and continental breakfast. We are glad to hear that our front desk team did an awesome job during the check-in process and that thanks to that great customer service you will be staying with us next time you are visit Buena Park. Thank you once more for the wonderful review.

Kindly,
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel is in a good location, very close from Disneyland, Knotts berry farm, a lot restaurants in the surrounding area, the hotel was comfortable and we stay in one of the suites and the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms were clean. And the price is excellent if you are planning to stay with family up to seven.

• Stayed October 2013
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
We are happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our spacious and immaculate suites. Our spacious rooms are fully furnished with a flat screen television, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, Iron and Iron board. We also offer free Wi-Fi, parking and continental breakfast, which consists of different kind of muffins, toast, jelly, freshly brewed coffee, Orange juice, and fruits. Yes, Portola Inn and Suites is a centrally located hotel that is near attraction places such as Knott's Berry Farm (5 mins), Disneyland(15 mins) and Universal Studios (25 mins). We hope you will be able to stay with us next time you come to Buena Park.