“Shocked at this Motel 6”

Motel 6 Buena Park Knotts Berry Farm Disneyland
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
“Shocked at this Motel 6”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

All my life I've chosen Motel 6 over any motel or hotel. The obvious choice being the cost comparison to others. I still stand that Motel 6 has the best value for the most part. However...this particular one was the nastiest one ever! Don't be fooled by lower cost and the proximity to Knotts & Disneyland. If it wasn't for the fact that it was late when we checked in, and I paid up front before seeing the room, we would have left immediately.
Upon opening the door to the (non-smoking ) room, the stench of musty, smoke, covered by spray deodorizer hit me. The other room was just as bad. I had paid no mind to a customer complaining about her dirty tub when I was checking in until I saw the bathrooms. While the inside of the worn out tub seemed clean, the corners and edges of the tub and faucets had brown residue...rusty gooey stuff! The old TV had poor reception, the bed looked like the bed was made but somebody slept on top of it. Not to mention a creepy guy just hanging out watching people go in the rooms. I will not ever stay there again and I warn others to look at the room before paying. I urge Motel 6 to inpect this location. I trusted the name until now. I'll be more careful next time.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Lupe B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This is one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. We turned down the bed to get in and it was covered in hair as if someone had shaved their head all over it. When I called down to the office they asked me to come get the sheets I refused. I should be able to expect a minimum of cleanliness.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jeff M
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very busy all night long. You can hear people outside the door all hours if the night. Fairly clean for a motel 6. If your taller than 4 ft the shower won't work well for you...The front desk staff were very nice but the price was much higher than the typical motel 6.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank lindsays17
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The room was terrible. This was the worst Motel 6 I have ever stayed at! I have stayed at many Motel 6 over the years and have never seen one so bad!! First of all as soon as I walked in The cigar smelled was so penetrated!.. The room smelled like their were 10 cigar smokers in there at the same time. I asked to be move to another room, my daughter has asmtha so this was not good for her!! But the front desk guy told us they were "all booked".. Even though, 2 rooms infront of our room were not occupied! He gave us an air freshener! (What is that going to do!?) the smelled was so strong that we were unable to sleep!! I so regret staying here! It would of been better sleeping in my car!!
The sheets were dirty, the shower tub was plugged! Not a good area and the motel needs to be updated!!!!
I will not go back and defently I will not recommend it...! Overall I give it a 1.. Because zero it's not an option!!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Bella805
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Nice Motel 6 with super pillows instead of the flat ones. AC/heat in room was a bit noisy and the airflow director had been replaced with wire mesh, but worked fine.
Carpet a bit spotted.
Good areas to walk dogs and met many that were staying at the motel. Always fun.
You are surrounded on three sides of the motel with places to eat. Everything from Marie Callendar to Shaky's pizza.
Lots of tourist attractions close by on one of the cross streets and very close to both Knotts Berry and Disneyland.
My room faced a busy street with lots of traffic.
Very nice staff.
Not sure what the other places are going for around here, but the location and the price of about $44 per night was doable.
I would stay here again all things considered.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We went on june 2013 rooms are clean, friendly staff, the inconvenient that are many people living there and they are very noisy at nights, but for a trip to disney who cares about it , we arrived very tired. Theres a Jack in the box and a shakeys pizza in front of it, really helpful for the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Goodyear, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've stayed at other Motel 6's and they have been good, but this was far from it. We arrived around 10:15 PM ready to get some sleep. We got into our room and it had the stale hotel smell. My youngest son used the bathroom and there was hair hanging on the on the bathroom door. When he washed his hands, the sink wouldn't drain.

I called the front desk and the night clerk asked me if we had used anything else in the room, as if she would have moved us to another room if we hadn't. When I told her that my other son had turned the sheets down she said, she was sorry but the hotel was booked solid. Then she said she would not be able to help us and I would need to talk to a manager in the morning. (We ended up washing our hands, faces, and brushing our teeth in the tub while sitting on the toilet. Kinda Gross.)

When I went to hang up my pants, there was a used plastic cup on the coat rack.

In the morning, I went to the office and asked for the Manager and the desk clerk would not get them for me. I asked if there was a manager on site and she said there was but wouldn't call them for me. I explained that the night clerk had told me to speak to the manager and she still didn't call them for me.

In the end, she refunded me $15. I needed to get on the road and didn't feel like arguing with her any longer.

Needless to say, I would rather pay more than to stay at this Motel 6 again.

Room Tip: Find a different Hotel.