“Don't let the nice looking lobby fool you”

The Buena Park Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
“Don't let the nice looking lobby fool you”
Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

This place is a joke. Dirty carpets. Dirty walls. People hanging out and laying down in there cars in the back lot. I parked my car up front in hopes it will not get broken into. The only thing even hopefully good about this place is the pool is decent. But other than that stay AWAY. Get something better. There are also a lot o immigrant workers living here. Stay away

• Stayed August 2012
JGuerrero, Manager at The Buena Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Brushdog,

I would first like to address your all your comments. Please be Reassured if you have addressed the Front Desk with all your concerns about the room. We have immediately offered a solution to your concerns. As far as your Comment on Immigrant Workers. We do Check in Guests from all over the world. We do require a Valid State Identification card, Driver's License or Passport. in order to register. We do take all of our Guest Concerns Seriously & We do our best to address any concerns they may have. I do apologize if your stay was less than pleasant.
I will Share this information with our entire staff. So that we may improve our quality of service.
Thank you for Sharing your concerns with us.

J. Guerrero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Santa Clarita, CA
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Run-down...dirty...the only nice thing I can say about this hotel is it's proximity to Knott's. There were no towels upon arrival, then when they brought us towels, we only got two even though we had three people staying in the room. Carpet was filthy. My kid's feet were black from walking around barefoot. There were bugs in the room and the bathtub was nasty. Door was rickety and I didn't feel safe at night. The bed pillows were very flat and bedding is scratchy. Paid $90 for one night, should've been no more than $40. Stay away at all costs!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
JGuerrero, Manager at The Buena Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear LostFan815,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize that your stay was less than pleasant. I have gone over all your concerns. if your concerns were brought to our front desk attention we would have gladly relocated your to another room. We do shampoo our carpets several times a month.Our property also employs the services of a reputable exterminator. We do take all our guest concerns seriously & attempt to rectify as soon as possible. I thank you for you review I will share it with our staff. I hope you would give our property another opportunity.

Michigan
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I recently stayed at the Buena Park Hotel and Suites for a weekend trip to California. Upon arrival, the hotel visibly looks run down and in need of lots of renovations. The carpet is musty and dirty (feet will turn dark because of the dirt), the air conditioning unit in our room did not work, and there was no hot water. Also, on the day we were checking out, there was a huge spider crawling on the floor. The bathroom is tiny and the shower is a skinny stream that you have to duck under to get the water to actually clean you. The sheets on the bed had blood stains on them. So I asked for a new set of sheets which also had stains on them (looked like oil stains on sheets).

Awful property. Do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pathout
Dear Pathout,

Thank you for your review, We did have a unforeseen incident with one of our water heaters.
The matter was rectified in a matter of hours. It did not affect the entire property. We did offer
to relocate all guests to another wing. if you preferred to stay @ your location. we did inform you of the wait. The problem was estimated to be resolved in 4 - 6 hours. It was less than the estimated time. We do take all our guest concerns seriously. We did offer several times to relocate you to another room as well as upgrade for the inconvenience. We do all Fumigate the rooms once a month. If a report is made. the guest is urge to relocate to another room & The room is taken down until such time the Fumigation Process can be complete. Which is usually the day after the report is made. I thank you for your review. I will share your review with our staff . Thank you

Sincerely ,
Buena Park, California
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I've been here countless times in the past year and a half, John and Rachelle along with the rest of the staff are always so helpful and strive to please. They truly show great customer service, always making sure our needs are met. I've stayed here with my family many times and keep on coming back! It's in a convenient location, close to many of the city's attractions, Knott's, Meadival Times, The Pirate's show, it's close to the Buena Park Mall and many other convenient locations! I would recommend this place without a doubt. On top of it all, you even get free continental breakfast...who doens't like free? From my experience, this is a safe place,very convenient and inexpensive. Me and my family truly enjoy this place!

Room Tip: I like the 2nd Floor Rooms!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Susy P
Dear Susy P,

I would like to thank you for your kind words. Rachele, Alex ,Ravi, Bhupat & all our staff members do their best to ensure all our guests stays are pleasant. Thank you & we look forward to seeing you again.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I really wanted to like this hotel because of the price and location. For the nightly rate, I was not expecting the Hilton, but the room was dirty and old. The guests were less than desirable and they left trash, garbage, cigarettes and dirty underwear lying around.

This was probably a really nice property a decade ago when it was a Best Western, but now it's just a tired, warn-out hotel in dire need of a good cleaning and an update. It looks nice from the street, but once inside, it's a different story.

Of my neighbors (who seemed as if they lived there), one left their trash can outside filled with dirty diapers. Another put out their cigarettes on the ground under the AC and left them there and yet another left their underwear and bra outside on the hand railing.

There was also not a DO NOT DISTURB sign in my room. The maid knocked on the door twice (prior to 10am).

I hate to fault the hotel because of rude guests, but it didn't seem as if the hotel cared about how it looked. The photos I took were taken as I left and after the maid had knocked on my door. She had obviously been by the cigarettes and trash outside and did not clean it up.

I took multiple photos.

On a positive note; there is a free computer in the lobby, have free wi-fi, they offer breakfast (which I had no interest in eating) and a decent gift shop that could come in handy. Plus, the hotel is directly across the street from Pirates Dinner Adventure and Medevil Times, a half mile to Knotts, and five minutes (on the freeway) to the Disneyland parking garage.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear phxaztravel,

Thank you for review. I have gone over your concerns with our staff. We do clean our common areas twice daily & are pressure washed monthly. Our property has a strict 28 day policy for all guests. We do abide by the Buena Park Policy that our strictly enforced by the city. No Guest or a member of their party is allowed to exceed this policy. It is stated in our registration form. We do strive to offer all our guest clean & affordable accommodations. We do respect our guest concerns & attempt daily to address them to the best our ability. I will share your concerns with management. I thank you for your review & hope your would consider our property in the future.

riverside
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Room just felt dirty, didn't even want to sleep in bed. Also if you sat on the bed the lights flickered as if their hitting the cord. Ghetto!!!!!!!!!! Would never stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aber k
JGuerrero, Manager at The Buena Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Aber K,

I would first like to thank you for your review. We do strive to provide the best possible service to all our guests. I am sorry to hear that your experience at our property was less than satisfactory. if the concern was brought to our attention. We would immediately offer a different room or attempt to correct the issue. Once again i do apologize on behalf of our staff.

calgary
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in May 2012. The location was perfect with Knotts, Pirates, Medieval Times, and numerous places to eat being within walking distance. The price was awesome and because it was so cheap we thought it might rate only fair; we were pleasantly suprised! The rooms were clean and kept and the facilities in good shape including swimming pool. Every staff member I had contact with was pleasant and helpful, especially the lady concierge who had price saving coupons for area attractions and John Guerrero at the front desk. The included breakfast also saved us some money. I would recommend this hotel to family and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Talk to John directly instead of booking through a third party website?
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family