“"Not Happy"” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Riverside, CA
“"Not Happy"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

We sayed on 4/13/13-4/14/13. Not sure I would stay at this hotel again.....definately not for any longer than 1 night. When we arrived at our room there were no towels of any kind. I went to the maid service and asked for 4 towels. The guy didn't speak any English. I asked him for 4 towels he gave me 2, then i told him 2 more and he gave me one more, then i said one more and then he gave me one more. Then I asked for a hand towel and he gave me 2 wash cloths. At that point i gave up and took my 4 towels and 2 wash cloths to my room. I put 2 towels on the shelf in the bathroom and hung up the other 2 right below the shelf. No long after that we left to go to the Pirate Dinner Adventure. When we returned later that evening, I notice that there was a hand towel on the bathroom counter and that 2 bath towels were missing (the 2 I hung up). Needless to say I was not happy, I went to the front lobby and told him that maid service took 2 towels and that I needed them and he said he would give me 2 towels. There were 3 of us total in the room. I am more upset that they were in the room while we were gone and they had no reason to be in there specially to take 2 towels back. That is an invasion of privacy.
Also, the carpet was dirty in our room. There were red spots on the carpet. I asked my boyfriend what he thought it was and he said probably blood. I was disgusted. I never walked around in the room without my shoes on. Also something else I thought was strange was that there was no fitted sheet on the bed it was a top sheet and then another top sheet then blanket and then bedspread.......weird! The jacuzzi had sand or something at the bottom....strange and the jets only worked on one side Last but not least was the TV, not to mention it was old and on certain channels (a least 10 of the channels) it made a humming/buzzing noise. There were only 25 channels and none of them were good. Most of the channels consisted of the basic channels. Nothing to entertain the kids, like Disney, Nick or ABC Family. I was very disappointed with this hotel.
These are the things I did like about this hotel. It is right across the street from Pirates Dinner Adventure, which is the reason we stayed there. The arcade was a plus and the breakfast was a nice feature even though it was not much. Our room was also in a good location. Located on the bottom floor with a pool view.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ckick002
JGuerrero, Manager at The Buena Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear ckick002,

Thank you for your response. I do Apologize for the inconvinence. Please rest assured that we take all of our guests privacy very seriously. Our staff will not enter the room, if the Do not Disturb sign is hanging on the door. The only time our staff will enter a guest room is for a delivery or service request with permission of the guest. We are in the process of upgrading our TV's to Flat Screens. We shampoo our carpets monthly. once again Thank you for your response . Please send your email to john@thebuenaparkhotel.com so I can properly address the your concerns.

J.Guerrero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed on 4/13-4/14/13 due mainly to the hotel's proximity to Knott's Berry Farm.Let me list the reasons as to why I gave the property one star:

- We checked in after 4:00pm though upon arriving to the room, a maid's cart was propping the door open. There were a male and female housekeeper in the room - talking, not working, and they looked surprised when I held up the key and indicated it was my room. The male simply said, "Everything works!" and laughed as they walked out.

- Not only are the sheets not fitted, as another reviewer indicated, but there was a large hole in the blanket on the bed (about the size of a silver dollar).

- We were placed in a room immediately next to a stairwell. The walls are so thin, we heard anyone who used the stairwell. We literally only slept between 2am-5am.

- Other guests were extremely loud as they walked down the hallway. We were woken to what sounded like an argument at one point. Also, we had put the "do not disturb" sign on the door, and assume it was pulled off twice as it was laying on the ground (there was no wind or any other explanation).

Simply put, we would not stay at this property again even if the rooms were free.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
las vegas, nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed here 3/25-3/27/13. If this motel were renovated from the lobby to the rooms, it would be 5 stars (but then of course they would probably charge more per night). Continental breakfast was included but we never got to eat because the lines to heat up the waffles were not worth the wait. Didn't utilize Wi-Fi because they charged a $10.00 deposit so I just used my wireless phone for internet needs. Our room was on the corner of the 2nd floor facing the 91 offramp, so there was traffic noise however I'm use to it and also the a/c and tv both helped to drown out the outside noise.We didn't utilize the pool because we were gone all day. There's a small arcade on the second floor of the lobby and the breakfast area is pretty large. There's also a small gift shop in the lobby. The room itself was a little cozy however the furnishings were dated, the blankets felt weird so I used the sheets while sleep oh and no fitted sheets here! The pickings were very slim as far as tv service--no flat panels here and not alot of channel selection. Our room did not have a microwave or mini fridge but did have a coffee maker and hair dryer. The shower was very good, the shower head looked new and will accomodate a taller person (see my pics). Carpet is iffy, my sons feet did turn a little black, so use shoes or house slippers. This hotel is close to everything, 91 and 405 freeways, Knott's Berry Farm and Soak City, Pirates show and Medieval times, not far from Disneyland, LOTS of shopping, and there's an Outback Steakhouse and Burger King right next door. Overall was a good value motel for our money, no frills, might stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room in the front buildinigs if at all possible, the back rooms face the 91 off ramp...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank currypuff2
JGuerrero, Manager at The Buena Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Dear currypuff2,

Thank you for your review & we look forward to your next visit!

Spring Valley, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed at this Hotel. It is really a motel on March 7th for two nights. I checked in around 2pm. The clerk was pretty friendly. He stated they were going to be full, but the parking lot was pretty empty and I did not see many people around. It may be due to people being at the parks or not have checked in yet.

I asked for a room with a refrigerator. He stated that he was not sure because they were full and I would have to check out the room first. I went to the room, which ended up being in the back, far away from the rest of the hotel. The room was upstairs. I walk in and they have a refrigerator and microwave, couch (fold out) and king size bed. The room had been broken into. The whole door jam was cracked through and was screwed back in. The molding around the door jam had been nailed in with about 50 nails. They were all coming out and I could push them in with my finger.

I was not comfortable with that room, so I went back and asked for another. he told me he would call maintenance. I told him they need to replace the entire door jam, but he insisted it was an old hotel and they would check it out. He stated he had a room by the pool, but no refrigerator. I checked it out , same type of room except no door breakage and no fridge or microwave. I went back down and he called the maintenance and they brought up a fridge and microwave. The back light was out on the microwwave but it turned on, but there was no plate when it spun around. The fridge worked fine. I did not use the microwave. There are several restaurants in the area. It is right across from Pirate Adventure and Medieval Times and next door to the Outback restaurant. The price was good. The furniture is old and beat up. The bed was fairly new, but the sheets were too small for a King and did not fit to the end of the bed (weird).

The continental breakfast was basic small muffins , dry cereal, some weird fruit cocktail, bread and some waffles. They have a rotating toaster for the waffles and bread, the breakfast was not really worth it.

They have a game room with a pool table, couple of arcade games, one electronic type gambling machine that plays card. They also have these two (illegal) gambling machines with cameras pointed at them and a sign that say you have to be 18 to use. Did not know gambling was legal in Buena Park, maybe it is on a old Indian burial grounds? They are the old style quarter flip machines, that drop the quarters below, when and if you win. They had dollar bills, $5, $10, $20, and $50 wrapped around gum or a roll of quarters. I tried it late one night and it was addicting, but worthless as the larger bills with items attached blocked most of the quarter drops. There is a smaller chute in front so, most of the quarters fall back into the machine, not in the play area.

They run low on hot water, comes out luke at best warm, so take a shower early!

Overall if you don't mind bad breakfast, old furniture, luke warm showers, but want a cheap stay in a good location to Knotts and the two dinner theatres, then this is your place

Room Tip: If you are going to Knotts, go during the week. There are no crowds and we walked onto every ride fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Alan R,

Thank you for your review & sharing your concerns with us.
I will address all concerns that you have shared with us.
I do greatly appreciate bringing the broken door jam to our attention & i want to assure we have
since replaced the door jam. Our property does host several Bus Tours so our property fills up quickly. Our gameroom has several arcade games, a pool table , & several entertainment machines. We will be make improvements in the near future & have also added to our complimentary Continental Breakfast. We hope you would consider staying with us in the future.
& thank you for your review.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in March of 2013. Overall it's not a bad hotel. It's inexpensive and close to everything. My only problem was that the beds did not have fitted sheets. As you would sleep the sheets would come off the mattress and you would wake up sleeping on a bare mattress. I would stay again for sure if they get fitted sheets.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Erich H,

Thank you for your review & sharing your concerns with us.
We do greatly appreciate your suggestions to better your stay with us.
We take all suggestions into consideration so that we provide better service for all our guests.
Thank you! We look forward to your next stay with us.

J. Guerrero
Centerville, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed over Christmas week 2012; our room was nice but noise was a problem sometimes. Overall it was a good place to stay in the few hours we weren't at Disneyland, but it could use some improvements. Good for budget travel, but nothing special.
Pros: clean rooms; responsive staff; mid-speed (not high but not low) wifi was available in our room, (even though a handout given at check-in said you need cat-5 cable to use wired internet), but sometimes it took some time to reconnect the next few days I used it; fridge; microwave; iron & board; hair dryer all worked. Coffee maker there but didn't use. Good access to freeway.
Cons: CRT TVs with only 15 channels (no ESPN, HBO, Showtime); towels were thin and small; walls are thin with sounds from all directions, sometimes loudly; heat lamp in bathroom didn't heat.
Mehs: beds were hard at first but got used to them and slept well; breakfast was not great (toast, toaster waffles, small pastries, cereal, coffee, juice) but it was free and went for a while.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Brett G,

Thank you for review & sharing your concerns with us. So that we may improve our service.
We have been making several improvements to our property. We will be upgrading our
Televisons Soon. We will also be adding a few more items to Our Complimentary Continental.
Breakfast to include an additional cereal & other pastry items. We do hope you book with us in the future to see the improvements we have made so far.

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Older and not as nice as the Courtyard by Marriott just down the street. But worth the $60 we paid for a room near the pool. The breakfast was above average. Both of us liked the waffles that you ran through the toaster. They came out hot and tasty.

We were on a ground floor and from a security standpoint probably not the best place. There was no way to open the window a little ways and then lock it so it couldn't be opened further. We chose to keep the window closed. The bed was comfortable. Glad that we always bring our own pillows. We tossed the hotel pillows to the side. The room had a refrigerator.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JGuerrero, Manager at The Buena Park Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Dear BeachWizard4U,

Thank you for your Kind review. We our an independent affordable alternative to Chain brands. I would also like to assure that our property is safe & family oriented. I will share & address your concerns with our Maintenance Supervisor. I do greatly appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention. Thank you again for your review.

Manager