“Oh my GOD!! The Hooker just left!”

The Buena Park Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Clovis, California
“Oh my GOD!! The Hooker just left!”
Reviewed 5 March 2011

We are not "uppity" folks but OMG!! don't believe anything called "newly renovated"!!

Ist step unto the lobby after a long drive was a pretty good indicator but hey, we're tired and will give it a try.

Openned the door and my first thought was, this can't be real.... My wife said u should have seen the look on my face.

Looked like the room was rented by the hour and the hooker just left.

Turned around went to front desk and requested a refund. They charged us for 3 nights stay, so we will see how long it takes for the refund to process and funds returned.

Went down street to sn actually newly renovated property which was very very nice;; Hampton inn suites. Couple bucks more and a true suit & clean as my shorts right out of the wash.

Thank u Jesus!

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank MeAndtheFamRoll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Have you ever been to a hotel where the curtains do not close? Yep, thed "suites" are just that. The rooms have a horrible smell in them. The porch lights shine in your room cause the curtains do not close. Literally the rods do not go all the way across the window. You can hear the people above you walking and talking. you could hear their alarms going off. So needless to say we were not happy campers listening to them at 230am laughing and talking. The bathrooms are old. The tub felt like it was going to cave in. It rained all day and all night and the dont have rain gutters so you can hear the rain drip off the roof.
The lobby is WAY nicer then the rooms. But you know the old saying....You get what you pay for. Well we got what we paid for I guess. Will never stay here again. I'd rather pay a little more to get a decent nights sleep in a dark room.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank katieb4m
Reviewed 27 November 2010

My friend booked this room through Expedia for our one night stay for Knott's Scary Farm.she booked it for $69 but two days later got an email that due to our itinerary change (we hadn't changed anything ) the price was now $89. I was meeting her there and was the first to arrive. Checking into the room I was met with the disgusting smell of stale cigarette smoke. The bathtub had mold in it and a constant drip. I went to the front desk and requested a different room. I had the choice of two others and I picked the "cleaner." When showering we found the tub was SLOW to drain. The towel I picked was stained with some black substance. All of the rooms are named after southern California communities. Our room was the Mexicali room which isn't even in the United States! They need to take the word "Suites " off their name. It's false advertising. Small, dirty, tacky rooms. At beat this was a $45 room. I would never stay here again

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank dojerblu
Visalia, California, USA
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I bought 4 days at this hotel through Hotwire. With all the taxes and fees, it was less than $45 a night. After buying, and finding out which hotel it was, and reading some of the reviews here, I was a little worried. My concerns were unfounded. The rooms were clean and resonably well maintained. The facilities were acceptable, and it was quiet. Once in our room (opening into the courtyard, near the pool), we couldn't hear the freeway (91) that was 50 yeads away, and with the A/C running, heard nothing from any other guests.

I've stayed in much nicer hotels, but they were much more expensive. For the price, I don't think I could have expected anythying better, and I've paid more for shabby motels. This was a pleasant surprise. We didn't use the pool or spa, so I can't comment on those, I didn't even look closly, as each night after a full day at Disneyland, we stumbled to the room and crashed. It's a 6-7 min. dirive to Disneyland on the freeway (without traffic) and about 10-12 min, on surface streets. I really liked the location.

The beds were quite confortable, and I'm usually picky. We got good nights sleep.

The included breakfast was nice, and much better than most other places I've stayed in this pricerange. It included toast (with butter and jam), muffins, 2 types of cereal, coffee, Orange and Apple Juice, Fruit (a canned fruit coctail) and waffels (a pre-packaged toaster type) with syrup. Not too shabby and for my family, easily worth $10-12 a day.

Our direct contact with staff was limmited to check in/out which was simple and easy and handled by chearful and helpfull employees. Maid service was good, and what I would expect.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I was very unhappy with this stay. The air conditioner didn’t work upon check in. the staff tried to fix it for an hour however it never worked properly even after they said it did. The lights and outlets on one wall did not work requiring another worker to come in and try and fix it. The bathroom was extremely dirty. The shower did not drain and no water pressure due to water was coming out of the bottom and top and to switch to top for shower did not work. At check out Juan at the front desk explained in a very rude manor that there is no manager available and that he didn’t know when one would be in or his or her name.
I had to be somewhere at 4 pm and since all the repairs were being done to my room while I waited I was late to my appointment. I don’t understand why we were not offered another room. The hotel was not busy at all.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank getatme33
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Day 1 in room 271 the bathroom walls had mold and the ceiling too.. Not enough towels or face cloths. Day 2 we changed rooms "better " but still no face cloths and when I went to the front desk they had no additional face cloths. Day 3 same thing!!! The bed was uncomfortable, and the morning breakfast was not the best. The free WIFI was terrible, I had dial up faster. The people at the front desk tried to be as helpful as they could, but they did not have much to work with! I will not stay here, you get what you pay for. My next trip to Kknotts Berry Farm for an additional $40 per night I will stay down the street at the park.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The serivice at the hotel was very good. The hotel clerk gave us the option to have two bathroom. At first the first bathroom tub was not draining fast enough. Before i even complain, it was fixed the next day. The hotel room was very clean with average updated furniture. I had free wireless internet in my hotel. The breaksfast was ok but I really like the fresh fruit.
The location was perfect just right of out the 91 and a quick walk to Knotts' Berry Farm and Soak City.

I like the free wireless internet and location
I dislike nothing.