“Great all you can eat!”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Sandy
“Great all you can eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

The main picture is obviously not joes sushi. But the place is a typical sushi bar with great service. Worth the drive!

• Visited August 2013

Orange, California
“WE FOUND A WORM IN OUR SUSHI”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

WE FOUND A WORM IN OUR SUSHI! AND HAVE IT ON VIDEO!

OUR SITUATION:
I decided to wait for a while to see that outcome of our case before writing this. At first I was hesitant bc i empathized with the owner, however, i would want public know what happened, because I wanted to be treated the same and know what stuff goes on in the restaurant I am/will be eating at.

We had AYCE lunch sushi for a party of 4 people. We wanted to treat our friend for helping us by taking him out for AYCE sushi. Towards the end of our hour, our friend who we were treating out found something moving in his sushi, he thought it was fried shredded squid or something, instead it was a worm. See link below to see our experience:

FILED A COMPLAINT:
We filed a complaint to the health department and they were very prompt. My friends in my party got sick (stomach ache, fever, and poop problems and there were worms in his poop (sorry TMI but informative!), and til this day he still have worm in his poop. Their health issue is ongoing and they are currently seeing a physician. The inspector says that DURING the visit she didnt find any worms (figured they cleared out everything), but found other violations. See below for details of inspection:

THE AFTERMATH:
We all felt sick to our stomach when we found it. Thank goodness we all had smartphones to help out with our situation! Note to self, if you eat anything that is NOT COOK WELL, inspect it. Sushi and steak... inspect it. I have been hesitant to eat sushi, and i have been eating sushi for 8 years. Overall, we felt bad that we took our friend out and he got sick and a bad experience. :(

SIDE NOTE:
All foods are suppose to be either COLD or HOT, NEVER lukewarm. Our sushi was room temperature.. which is bad, thats bacteria's incubation period.

• Visited September 2012
12 Thank liz p
Riverside, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All you can eat sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Great All-you-can-eat sushi special at a great price! Try the Gilroy roll or the baked green mussels, delicious. Also recommend the Tiger roll and the rainbow roll. They get busy at lunch time so get there early.

• Visited August 2012
“Still our favorite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I have been going here since about 2005. Never have I had a bad experience. It is a small restaurant with about 5 tables to the back side of it and about 12 seats at the sushi bar. Sometimes it can be quite hectic with a line of people waiting outside, and a crowded capacity inside. So the 2 ladies handling the front section, back section and waiters, I can see why things may take a bit. But when you do ask for something, they do get it for you.

As for the sushi, it has always been a great experience. If you are cool and patient with the chefs, they will most likely kick down a special dish they are experienced with (and they are always delicious).

They are open all day now with a few days closed if I remember correctly, so getting in, getting full and getting out is always a breeze. Their Alaskan Dynamite is always available, where as other similar locations don't offer it. And their Alaskan Dynamite is the best to me.

We have tried other buffets around, but none bother to offer the same thing Joe's does. There is another Joe's sushi buffet, but their sign has a Samurai on it and not the happy face this one does. This particular one is on Lincoln and Knott.

Now I'm craving sushi...BANZAI!!!

• Visited March 2012
santa ana california
“Bad Fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

I have been going to Joes sushi for over a year now and thought it was great but I was wrong. I went Saturday night and found it to be not as busy. The sushi chefs were being rude and leaving all the time to the back and not coming back. The fish was not fresh and had a funky smell to it. I believe they are not as busy due to the economy so they might be using old fish. I woke up Sunday morning feeling really bad, I had diahrea and vomit for 2 days i believe i got food poisoning from the fish or mussels. I will not go back again and hope the owner reads this review.

2 Thank albert032