“Well surprised”
Review of Best Host Inn

Best Host Inn
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My family and I decided to stay here for our week. First off going into a room with a welcome basket is pretty cool. Just a couple bottles of water, bags of chips for the kids and a bottle of wine for the adults. We've stayed in 2 different roons here and they both were cleaned well although the first stay we did have trash in our mini fridge but after a call to the front desk they took care of it quick. The rooms have just been remodeled so everything was clean. The queen beds were comfortable with four pillows each bed. Everything worked in the room as far as appliances and equipment. Water pressure isn't the best at times which is probably our only complaint. Will definitely be staying here again if in the area. For the cost its a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank mikeylb
radelowgittins, Director of Operation at Best Host Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our little welcome basket. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations and we are very glad to find out we did. All of the employees of the hotel work very hard to make our guests stay comfortable and we look forward to seeing you on your return trip.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I booked this place on line, for 7 nights when I first walked in to check in the guy at the counter was Rudd. I went in to my room and there sat a welcome Basket. Witch was a nice change. But a few minutes later above my Room they was Remodeling so I got to hear loud air compressor hammering on the floor till 6pm. The next day when I return to my room the noise is still going on I called down to the front office 3 times letting it ring 20 or more times, but no one will answer, when I walked down to the office I asked them how long was the Construction above my room going to last. She called to ask how long, she tells me for 2 more weeks. I asked why wasn't I informed about any noise. She said sorry but there wasn't any thing she could do. I said well let's see either change my room far away from the Construction noise or I was going to check out. So she gave me another room yes I didn't have to hear the noise above me. But the 2 Rooms that I did have where the most filthiest and unsanitary bathrooms I have ever seen. There was Black Mold growing from the Bath and Floor Tiles, the towels where thin ruff and all you could smell the Bleach on them to where it was burning your skin. The TV' s in both rooms had the worst reception to where the fuzz was to the oping you couldn't hear what they was saying. The Carpet was dirty that both rooms turned your feet black when you would climb in to bed. The Remotes on both TV's did not work at all, I was woken up at 2am from a call girl who was lost looking for her friend who was in another room. The Room they gave me to get away from the noise when I would walk out in the Mornings the door would be covered in Bees the light above the door had a Hive in the Ceiling. They Management would sweep them away every day. But they would return so they put a Yellow Caution Cone out that read wet floor. I would not ever Stay at this place. Again nor would I recommend this to my worse enemy.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
radelowgittins, General Manager at Best Host Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and strive to provide the best guest experience at our property. We provide comfortable and friendly accommodations at a good value for all our guests and we are sorry we fell below your expectations in some areas. We will address and review these points to not only the appropriate departments but all employees of the Hotel. Every member of our staff is trained to provide the best customer service experience and I can assure you these issues will be addressed and rectified. We do hope you will give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel truly is.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Just stayed here on a Friday night while in town with other family and we got a total of 3 rooms. Here are the pros: A nice gift basket was waiting in 2 of the 3 Mini Suites reserved that included 2 bottles of water, a bottle of wine with plastic wine glasses, chocolate, potato chip snacks, and cheese crackers, (other pros) room was large, 2 queen beds, mini kitchen with a microwave and fridge, and they are in a prime location directly across the street from Knott's Soak City/Berry Farm, free internet, and the price is budget.
Cons: Checked in with other people around me complaining to the front desk about numerous things and employees were very Unaccommodating to customer needs- including some of ours. My questions were - Can we get rooms in the same area? No. Can we get more than one room key? No, sorry we are out of keys. At 10 p.m. after a long, tiring day I realized there were only 2 bath towels (which by the way were very worn thin, and just slightly larger than the hand towels) and there were 3 in my room just as noted on my reservation. I looked at the phone to ring the front desk, it had no numbers to tell you what to dial, so I dialed 0 instinctively. Busy tone. Kept on dialing zero, still busy tone. Maybe after the 10th try to reach someone I got through to the front desk... Can we please get a couple of extra bath towels? No, sorry housekeeping has gone home for the night and we only have a couple of towels here at the front desk if you want to come get them. Really? What kind of hotel does not supply their guests with needs as simple as towels after hours? It was only 10 o'clock on a Friday night and that place was too scary to walk to the front desk.
Then, about 11 o'clock a police officer knocks on our door and asks if we heard anybody yelling or fighting. I was scared and lowered down the TV so I could hear if anybody was getting murdered.
Other things besides that I didn't like much were the shower pressure was bad, the room smelled like vinegar, there was no elevator to carry you and your luggage to the 3rd floor, and the hotel halls and stairways were very run down looking. And the unaccommodating front desk told me that breakfast was only between 9-11. I repeated that back, I said "Only between 9 and 11?" I was told, yes, AND I wrote it down on my vouchers so I wouldn't forget. We had to leave by 9:15 and when we rushed to get breakfast at 9 we were told it's been available since 7. That's not nice.
Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, only stay here for the price. And get a mini suite because a lady with wet hair went to the front desk to try to get a hair dryer and iron, but was denied. There are no hair dryers or irons to check out. You must reserve a mini suite to get those.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel in Buena Park. Apparently we fell below your expectations in some areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this allows us to continually improve the services and facilities we offer to all our guests.
While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we do hope that you will give us another chance in the future to show you what a great guest experience you can have.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The Motel lived up to the reviews I had read. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. When we arrived at our room we found a basket with wine, bottles of water and snacks. I plan to return. It is close to family and is the best buy I have found in the area The location is accross from Knox Berry Farn, so easy to find,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen T
HotelsManagementTeam, Director of Operation at Best Host Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to recommend us. We're happy to hear you had a great stay and we hope you can come see us again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Nice staff, especially the front office and housekeeping. Great welcome basket and note. The room was neat. The elevator could use an update (small and hot). The hallway and parking area could use more lighting.

Room Tip: The suite is great for families. Has a small dining area with refrigerator, microwave and sink.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Kyle J
radelowgittins, General Manager at Best Host Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your fantastic review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We value the feedback from our guests and are happy to see people enjoying our hotel. We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Rooms were really nice and clean.
On my arrival I was surprised with a welcome letter and a gift basket ( loved it). The beds were comfortable and breakfast was very generous. I would definitely stay at this location next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kamisoich

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your recent Stay at the Best Host Inn. I am very happy to hear our staff made such a positive impact on your experience. Our Guest Service is one of the points we pride ourselves on. Thanks again for your great review.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Right across the street from Knott's Berry & Soak City, 5 mins from Disney.
Room was remodelled, beds very comfortable, staff were working hard.
Fantastic value for the 3 days we were there. My son loved the fresh waffles every morning!
We wish we had not stayed the previous night in Travelodge Burbank, where rooms are very expensive and barely on the side of liveable.
Will stay here again, and recommend as a very good budget accommodations that is very well located.

Room Tip: Request a remodelled room, they are slowly updating the whole place.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank G R P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review. It is so kind of you to share with travelers the amenities and attractions that your family was able to experience. We hope that the opportunity for you to return comes quickly! We would love to have you back.