“They are really trying to accommodate! ”
Review of Best Host Inn

Best Host Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The gentleman was very friendly at check in and Danielle was friendly at check out. Room was clean. The motel itself was average, little run down, but clean and no dirty unwashed bedspread so they know people hate those things. They welcome you at the front desk with coffee choices, fresh oranges, popcorn and cookies. They had a gift basket with wine, snacks and some chocolate treats in the room for us. We asked for a roll away bed and they promptly delivered one without any hesitation! Breakfast was very nice! Really for what we paid for the room it was very nice! They had it staffed well and really tried to keep things full with I'm sure a sold out occupancy at the hotel! It seemed everybody really took advantage of this perk! I understand it must be costly to provide this sort of breakfast complete with eggs, toast, bacon, yogurt, waffles, cereal, croissants, juice and coffee for what they get for each room after the third party hotel site takes their share! So with all this its a great value! Things I wish were better would be some weather stripping on the doors, as you hear everything outside the door. But at after midnight it seemed most people we're sleeping so not so bad! The pool was not heated, in a perfect world I'd like it heated around 88 :). Also, the bathroom tile could use some new fresh grout.

They did hand me a trip advisor card asking for my review at check out! I had to go to the office to hand in my micro chipped high security key cards in so I would get my $20 deposit back. Good time for them to remind people to review them!

All in all a decent place, clean, friendly and a good location! Wish they had more shuttle time choices and offered two people the option to use it, as it stated three or more people needed for the limited shuttle service!
Would stay here again!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Widad2

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We enjoyed the stay. Great customer service and not one bit of a problem. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested. It's clean and quite. Great quality. Good morning breakfast. I was extremely pleased with everything
Guest #911500384

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stay here every weekend, to get away from my moms house for a night or two. The staff is awesome, George is always the one to help us and he is great. The rooms are beautiful and beds very comfortable.

Thank you Best Host for great stays.

I love this place

Janine Poster

Room Tip: Ask for a remolded room and you will be very happy. There is a fridge, micro and a safe..
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed on three separate occasions during March 2014. First time was on ground floor. Room very comfortable. On offer as much bottked water as wanted, good coffee on tap in reception as well as complimentary cookies, popcorn, candy and fruit. Welcome basket on arrival which includes small chocolates, chips (crisps) cookies ( biscuits ) and wine. Excellent choice of pillows, air conditioning in the room, soap, shampoo and lotion all offered free. Reception staff are generally awesome, George, Ricardo (younger guy) & Antonio the maintainence man. We had a 5+ earthquake during ny second stay and it was dealt with professionally. By that time I was in the second floor (1st floor for those in the UK). The location on 'Beach' is excellent. Knotts Berry Farm a short walk. DISNEY around 15 mins by car. Shopping malls a short drive, I walked but then, I like walking! Breakfast is free hot and cold buffet.

Now, that was the good, sadly, there is also some bad. During my stay it was busy the second time around. The first of the nights was noisy but I let it go because I thought it would get better. The second night was even worse. Other residents around me were shouting and running outside my room until after midnight. Reception staff tried to sort it but the families went jn their rooms as soon as they saw him. That meant it couldn't be sorted. I sokekto Neil on reception the next morning and he agreed to change my room. I packed my stuff and left in the trunk of the car and handed my key in. He told me to drop back in the evening to pick up the key to the new room. That evening I got back but there was no room, he'd totally forgotten to do anything. It took around an hour but eventually George sorted me out a new room.

My issues were I think unusual, maybe Neil had a reason to forget, who knows. When they are busy breakfast is busy. I got my food and took it back to my room. Probably not meant to do that but, I am not sitting on the floor.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here to go to Disneyland and Knottsberry Farm. The location was fine for our adventures. Check-in was slow but the person working was moving as fast as he could. The area itself is pretty sketchy. There was a lot of street noise and I requested the 3rd floor to avoid noise from guests above me. Room was fairly clean; upon check-in the sink was dirty. Beds were comfortable and linens and pillows seemed fresh. The bathtub tile needed replacing BADLY. Water pressure is very very low in the morning so take your shower at night. The safe didn't work, the freezer didn't freeze anything, our socks turned black from walking on the floor, and the t.v. was fuzzy because of a frayed cable connector in the back of the t.v. Channel selection was very limited (no Disney Channel?? Come on!) Wi-Fi worked most of the time. Parking lot is small but I found parking just fine. There was a first floor group of guests having a party and there were people milling about and lots of noise. I don't think people should be allowed to rent for parties, it creates noise and problems and gives the impression people can come in and trash things up then leave. Get to breakfast at 7:30am on the dot or risk standing in line and/or possibly not finding a seat. There are 11 tables with 4 chairs each in the eating area. The breakfast was good (potatoes and waffles were great!) and it was nice that it's provided in your room fee. The staff was working hard to stay caught up with replenishing food and handling dishes. Check out was easy because there wasn't a line since we left early. We were there during the 5.1 earthquake on 3/28 and the movement caused a syringe to fall out from under the bathroom sink. I mentioned this in passing to George at the front desk and he appeared horrified and apologized. It's not the inn's fault that this happened but it lends to the type of people who stay there. This place was affordable but my next So Cal stay will be somewhere else. This place is rated #1 in Buena Park because it did seem to be one of the better places to stay based on what I noticed in the area.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor only! Make sure to lock your car and stay aware of your surroundings at all t...
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I chose this hotel for a two-night-stay to visit Knott's Berry Farm and the Anaheim Ducks (Honda Center). We were traveling as a family (2 adults, one 6yo) and I chose this hotel because of its good ratings here on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed, that place is worth the money. We paid $145 for two nights, tax included. An absolute bargain.

The only negative point: The parts outside of the room, i. e. the hallways and stairways, look dated and need redecoration. This has, as we could see, already started; they're working on it.

The rooms were really nice and had everything you needed, including a welcome-basket with snacks, water and a bottle of wine - and a good one, too.

Best part was the breakfast - although the breakfast room is kinda small, that breakfast included eggs, bacon and waffles and a lot else. One could sit in the veranda and enjoy the morning sun.

An absolute plus if you visit Knotts Berry Farm: The entrance is in walking distance (5-10 Minutes and thus one can save the parking costs at the park - parking is free at that hotel, however if you arrive late from dinner it can happen that the parking lot is pretty full - we had to search a little bit until we found a spot.

I can really recommend that place, and if they get that refurbishing done, I would rate it "excellent".

1  Thank CannibalsFan
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Ricardo was awesome and George Was Magnificent. The breakfast was awesome! The homemade cookies were fresh and good. Customer service was perfect. Great competitive price. Location was perfect and close to eveything.

• Stayed: March 2014
Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park
Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park
#7 of 19 in Buena Park
Baymont Inn & Suites By Wyndham

Been to Best Host Inn? Share your experiences!