“Disappointed..”
Review of Best Host Inn

Best Host Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very disappointed with this motel. Based on the above average reviews that I read on several travel sites I booked 2 nights the last week in April. Yes the location is good, very close to Knotts's Berry Farm. But the rooms in building 2 need a lot… of attention. There are two buildings. Maybe the good reviews are based on travelers staying in building 1. There is a strong smell of fried food in building 2 and the exterior of the building is not very clean (stairway is dirty) and needs remodeling. We could see the light through the bedroom door.! The bathroom is tiny and the bathroom towels are not adequate. Breakfast is ok, they have waffles, sausages and eggs. I did not feel safe at night in building 2. Also they charge a refundable fee of $25 per night. It will be charged to your account right away, not a pending fee. I will not stay in this motel again

2  Thank HortenseM

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed there 5/2-5/3. It was close to knotts and that's why we were there! Maybe I'm comparing because we just came from a wyndham in san diego,but I really wish I could give this place a better review. The service and staff were simply amazing! Tracy (I believe) checked us in and was friendly, helpful, knowledgable, and funny! She is awesome! The Gift basket and letter they leave is a nice touch, what other hotels do that?! Unfortunately, everything else kind of went downhill. I didn't feel like the bathroom was the cleanest, the tile was older and had black on the bottom. I didn't really want to stand on it. There were multiple hairs hanging from the dryer as well. The bed and sheets were clean though, which made it better! The HDTV is nice, but I did not understand the channels, we thought it was just our room. There were about 5 English channels with about 30 Spanish and Asian channels. We went to the front for a channel listing from Tracy and were given what you would think is a normal listing (NBC, tbs, TNT etc.) but we didn't have that. We didn't have the heart to tell her about this issue, my husband survived without basketball for one night! What
did not survive is my back on the uncomfortable bed! And sooo unbelievably noisy! People stomping above us, slamming doors next to us, and talking continued throughout the night. It was not a good nights sleep at all. The hotel cannot control that, but with the place being much much less than full, they should spread people out! It was horrible. Again, I feel bad because I really wanted to be happy with this place but I just don't think I would ever come back!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Beautiful grounds, well kept. Breakfast buffet very good. Beds very comfortable with lots of pillows. The gift basket and personalized hello letter sends this hotel over the top. The pool area is very inviting. Every employee treats you like you are one of their family. The big chain hotels could take some lessons here. I will always stay at this hotel when visiting the area. We stayed for Easter 2014 and they were full, but still managed to personalize every aspect of our stay. We had 4 teenage girls in a mini suite and we were in the regular suite. The only problem we had was the tv kept changing channels. But this could have been a problem with the service company because after a while it stopped. They even shuttled our group to Knott's Berry. Many wonderful restaurants and attractions within walking distance.

Room Tip: Third floor quietest. Rooms 119,219 and 319 directly across from the elevator.
3  Thank txrn1966
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed for 1 week in January 2014. We enjoyed our stay and it is amazing how much nicer this hotel is then previous hotel. The breakfast buffet is included in price of room. It is very nice w/scrambled eggs bacon and potatoes plus much more.Great job!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank travelingjuly
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed two nights in April 2014 on the second floor. Good value. They definitely go out of their way to make you feel welcome, with a gift basket and overall cleanliness. Complimentary hot breakfast on real plates with metal silverware is a nice touch. Nicely renovated, but the age shows in some areas like the small bathroom, where the grout looks black in the corners (mildew?). Perfect location for Knottsberry Farm. Twenty minutes from Huntington Beach. Cold A/C, Microwave and Fridge. HDTV is nice, but poor reception on many channels, and the HDMI inputs did not support audio (tried 2ch AAC and 5.1ch AC3 audio tracks to no avail -- with “ATI HDMI Output” selected on two different laptops -- I’ve never had a problem before and I travel for a living with this setup). Beware, they charge a $50 deposit on your credit card or $150 cash deposit for the key (integrated chip key). My card currently shows the room and key charge (not just a ‘pending’ charge as would be appropriate), with no refund credit showing the day after checkout...Hmmm...they could be playing the ‘float’ on the money...but I have a receipt showing the charge removed, so no big deal I hope.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We enjoyed the family suite while going to knotts. The room was clean the amenities of the suite were nice with the kitchenette and two televisions. There was a nice gift basket waiting for us with goodies and water. They go out of their way to help and offer what they can, Enrique was very nice. The hotel is a little old but the beds are comfortable and clean, they have definitely been trying to update. The bathroom could use a little more updating but it served its purpose fine. The fruit at check in was delish and the free breakfast was great as well!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Novadawg
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The gentleman was very friendly at check in and Danielle was friendly at check out. Room was clean. The motel itself was average, little run down, but clean and no dirty unwashed bedspread so they know people hate those things. They welcome you at the front desk with coffee choices, fresh oranges, popcorn and cookies. They had a gift basket with wine, snacks and some chocolate treats in the room for us. We asked for a roll away bed and they promptly delivered one without any hesitation! Breakfast was very nice! Really for what we paid for the room it was very nice! They had it staffed well and really tried to keep things full with I'm sure a sold out occupancy at the hotel! It seemed everybody really took advantage of this perk! I understand it must be costly to provide this sort of breakfast complete with eggs, toast, bacon, yogurt, waffles, cereal, croissants, juice and coffee for what they get for each room after the third party hotel site takes their share! So with all this its a great value! Things I wish were better would be some weather stripping on the doors, as you hear everything outside the door. But at after midnight it seemed most people we're sleeping so not so bad! The pool was not heated, in a perfect world I'd like it heated around 88 :). Also, the bathroom tile could use some new fresh grout.

They did hand me a trip advisor card asking for my review at check out! I had to go to the office to hand in my micro chipped high security key cards in so I would get my $20 deposit back. Good time for them to remind people to review them!

All in all a decent place, clean, friendly and a good location! Wish they had more shuttle time choices and offered two people the option to use it, as it stated three or more people needed for the limited shuttle service!
Would stay here again!!

#16 of 19 in Buena Park
Baymont Inn & Suites By Wyndham
Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park
Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference  Center

Been to Best Host Inn? Share your experiences!