“A pretty good stay!”
Review of Best Host Inn

Best Host Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We traveled to the hotel this week with our youth group, there were 19 of us in all. I booked 6 rooms through Booking.com. I chose this hotel because the price was great, location to Knott's Berry Farm was important and the free breakfast was the deciding factor!
When we arrived, Ricardo greeted us with a friendly welcome. Check-in took a long time. It wasn't Ricardo's fault, just the system they use. They had to go through each room (all 6) individually, run my credit card (they actually charge a $50 room deposit, not just a "hold") and scan my drivers license for each room. We then had to fill out these breakfast tickets for each person to attend the breakfast (we helped him fill them out to get done quicker) for both days that we stayed.
The breakfast food was really good, lots of choices, but the room itself its very small and cramped. There were lines for the waffles (we waited 15-20 minutes) and they would run out of plates, bowls and many of the food items frequently. The employees were working so hard to keep up, but were limited with the amount of work, limited kitchen space and the amount of people coming through. It was nice to be able to eat outside around the pool. The atmosphere was nice.
When we checked into our rooms, we had a nice gift basket with goodies and wine. A very nice touch. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean.
I was very nervous about the room keys. They will take your $50 deposit if you lose a key! You have to turn those in at check-out.

PROS: Great location if traveling with kids (or not) to Knott's Berry Farm. Great price, comfortable, clean rooms. Breakfast was really good.
CONS: Need a better check-in system when booking multiple rooms. Too much paperwork at check-in. They waste a lot of ink with the papers they print (and most get thrown away) - all guest names could be printed for breakfast tickets and save the time and energy on the current breakfast tickets. Room deposits for multiple reservations should be one charge instead of 6 deposits of $50 and then 6 credits of $50 on my account in 2 days.
Pool says it closes at 8:00 PM, however we did swim later, and they didn't ask us to leave.

It's not the Marriott, so I can't expect it to be run like one. However, with this being said, I appreciate the value of this establishment and I would stay here again!!

Room Tip: You can walk to Knott's Berry Farm in under 10 minutes. Walgreens is on the corner if you need a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked this little hotel or motel however you want to call it for a very affordable price. When I arrived there, it was as like a remodeling of the rooms was going on. The outside was clean but it looked like they had painted and fix things with a budget so was a little sketchy of how was it gonna be inside. To my surprise I opened the door to a basket of wine and little snacks nothing big but it does make u feel that the management cares about the customer so is a plus. Then the two queen beds were clean, comfy and soft. Had little glitches like some shower head ring coming off but nothing to big to overshadow its good. Plus free parking and free breakfast. Nothing to impressed in the breakfast but is offer is free and is eatable. Would I stay here again YES!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Recommend to get first floor. A little more expensive but way more comfortable! Great breakfast. Service is excellent! Close to the mall and Knotts Berry Farm. Perfect for family! I'll definitely will come back again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My daughter & I walked into our room and was pleasantly surprised to see how nice the room was. Very neat and clean. Albert made us feel very welcome and it was fun bantering with him. In all my husband and my travels , and we've been on several trips, we've never been surprised by a basket of goodies when we walked into the room. I would like to thank Albert and his staff for a very enjoyable stay. We have already spoke about your motel.

Room Tip: The breakfast was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tbjsmommyof3
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I loved the room it was very clean and big. The only thing I was not happy with was the TV. They give you basic channels no cartoons for kids just news and that's it. Albert was the front desk person. His personality was awesome! Very friendly and willing to help with anything. They also give you a cute little basket with wine and chocolates and chips for the kids. Beds very comfortable and pool was very clean as well. I would recommend this to people with older children mine are smaller and wanting to relax in hotel with no TV channels and 3 small kids not very fun. Or if you book keep in mind you might want to bring a dvd player and rent some movies across the street at Wal-Greens

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great stay. Across street from Knots Berry Farm.Beautiful view out window. Close to a lot of attractions.5 minutes from Pirate Dinner and Theater, that was awesome. In our room of the hotel was a bottle of wine and snacks. Staff was great. Breakfest was excellent.Will stay there next time. Stayed 5 days.oh yes, the pool was clear and nice.

Room Tip: get a room in the newer part
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

i was here on a business trip. this was the perfect location within walking distance of the facility. the room was one of the newly remodeled rooms. there was grout on the wall and vanity area in the bathroom. the water was hot and had plenty of pressure for a proper shower. the room was supposed to come with breakfast. i asked the day before, what time it was, due to an early meeting. i was told 6:30 a.m.. i walked over at 6:35, not ready. i waited till 6:55, still had the doors locked. i had to leave for the meeting. not a bad place to stay for knotts or water park. front personell were very friendly and had smiles. good job!

Room Tip: room with single bed is just big enough for one or two ppl. the one i had was next to the vending ma...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Portola Inn and Suites
Portola Inn and Suites
#16 of 19 in Buena Park
Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park

Been to Best Host Inn? Share your experiences!