Best Host Inn
US$148
US$147
US$144
  • Pool
All reviewswelcome basketwafflescupcakesknott's berry farmfront deskmini suitebunk bedsnice giftfamily suitefree breakfastcrackersbottled waterupon checkshuttle serviceheated poolmicrowave and fridgecoffee maker
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We had two issues and they were promptly fixed.The breakfast was great, room's were clean and had all the essentials. The stay I had with my family at this hotel was out standing. The staff was very professional and courteous. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hotel was very close to everything. Staff was very polite and professional. Overall that stay the was very convient. The mini kitchenette with microwave and mini fridge were very useful. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The mini suite was perfect. About the same size as a normal room but with a sink and dishes that were supplied by the hotel. Fridge and microwave were very useful as well.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was born and raised in this area and this location for years has not been anything to write home about. The property is top notch now. Amazing renovations. Professional staff. Great breakfast. First class service. Better than 95% of most top chain properties out there. I can't say enough. Stayed for a week with my family and we had a blast.

Room Tip: With the renovations all the rooms are great.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A really excellent choice if you're going to visit Knott's Berry Farm. The park is very close, walking distance with children (9 and 11 year old).
The rooms are not the biggest (we were 4 people), but the beds were comfortable enough and it is definitely worth the price. I have seen some complaints in other reviews that the walls are somewhat thin, but if you're as jet-lagged as we were, this won't be a problem.
The little welcome basket you get with some snacks and a bottle of wine is a great detail.
Special thanks to Albert who helped us out so we didn't miss our day at Knott's Berry.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We traveled to the hotel this week with our youth group, there were 19 of us in all. I booked 6 rooms through Booking.com. I chose this hotel because the price was great, location to Knott's Berry Farm was important and the free breakfast was the deciding factor!
When we arrived, Ricardo greeted us with a friendly welcome. Check-in took a long time. It wasn't Ricardo's fault, just the system they use. They had to go through each room (all 6) individually, run my credit card (they actually charge a $50 room deposit, not just a "hold") and scan my drivers license for each room. We then had to fill out these breakfast tickets for each person to attend the breakfast (we helped him fill them out to get done quicker) for both days that we stayed.
The breakfast food was really good, lots of choices, but the room itself its very small and cramped. There were lines for the waffles (we waited 15-20 minutes) and they would run out of plates, bowls and many of the food items frequently. The employees were working so hard to keep up, but were limited with the amount of work, limited kitchen space and the amount of people coming through. It was nice to be able to eat outside around the pool. The atmosphere was nice.
When we checked into our rooms, we had a nice gift basket with goodies and wine. A very nice touch. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean.
I was very nervous about the room keys. They will take your $50 deposit if you lose a key! You have to turn those in at check-out.

PROS: Great location if traveling with kids (or not) to Knott's Berry Farm. Great price, comfortable, clean rooms. Breakfast was really good.
CONS: Need a better check-in system when booking multiple rooms. Too much paperwork at check-in. They waste a lot of ink with the papers they print (and most get thrown away) - all guest names could be printed for breakfast tickets and save the time and energy on the current breakfast tickets. Room deposits for multiple reservations should be one charge instead of 6 deposits of $50 and then 6 credits of $50 on my account in 2 days.
Pool says it closes at 8:00 PM, however we did swim later, and they didn't ask us to leave.

It's not the Marriott, so I can't expect it to be run like one. However, with this being said, I appreciate the value of this establishment and I would stay here again!!

Room Tip: You can walk to Knott's Berry Farm in under 10 minutes. Walgreens is on the corner if you need anything quick!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends