“Cool down for hot day”

and up
Knott's Berry Farm General Admission Ticket
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering more than 20 rides with a 1950s Southern California theme, this water adventure park features single-rider high-speed slides, inner-tube slide flumes, a wave pool, lazy river rides and a children’s pool and activity area.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Really enjoyed it all. My son and husband loved the water coasters. I loved the lazy river. Great way to spend a hot day.

1  Thank Joy M

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It maybe unfair comparing this park to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon in Florida since one cost $60 and the other costs $40 but those are the only 2 water parks I went to in the last few weeks.

The Tidal Wave pool is a joke, Disney's version of tidal wave pool is at least twice as big and its wave is truly tidal unlike Soak City which is just waves, also way too crowded. The lazy is also a joke, they don't have enough tubes and also too crowded, there's a line for tube, are you kidding me ? At Typhone Lagoon tubes are everywhere, you can just grab one as it floats past you.

It's the first time and last time for me.

1  Thank benny9709
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Nice place, good for 5-10 year olds. Not that many rides and mostly restricted to kids over 48 inches. Food limited in choice and expensive. Queues very long and slow. Still , the weather was great, beats England anyday !

1  Thank charleslsegal
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Like any other waterpark it had its typical lazy river, which was quite long, and then there were the typical lines to get on rides. Lockers were available for $16 or $20 depending on the size you wanted. We got there mid day so there were no chairs available but by about 4pm the park started clearing out, it closes at 7pm. We had bought tickets through the San Diego go card and we did not read the fine print which stated we could only enter Knotts amusement park next door before 5:30, so we were out of luck when we tried to go into the amusement park at 7pm, it closes late. Did not think it would matter bus apparently it does. Next time I would have tried the amusement park first.

1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We recently booked a birthday party for my daughter at Soak City. It was a fun day for my daughter and friends, but a real disaster initial experience. Prior to our trip day, I had read plenty of reviews about Soak City and knew about the no coolers, no lunches, expensive parking & lockers, etc. Unfortunately, I did not know that once at the exit ramp, it would take over an hour for us to get to finally enter the park. I had hoped the long line of cars was for the other Knott's park, specially since I could not see a single sign for Soak City... However, once I realized there was only one line for both parks, I had to quickly maneuver to join the line. Our delay at the entrance delayed our birthday party time allocation and the hopes of claiming a chair. I think that if you book a party and pay the minimum $350 for your visit, the park should reserve at least one lonely chair.
Upon arriving I had to wait around 20 minutes for my hostess to arrive because she was trying to put another fire with another dissatisfied birthday party mom. The initial experience was awful. However, I was determined to make it work, so we put our stuff next to a fence, scared a cockroach that tried to come by, send the kids to play and remained watchful about who could possibly be leaving or deserting at least one chair for our party of 10. One lady did leave!! and from there things got better. The park has plenty of space for more chairs. I noticed people brought in their own folding chairs (great idea.) People sat of concrete, grassy areas or any space they found. If you bring a senior person, PLEASE bring him/her a chair!!
On the positive side, the park was clean, there were plenty of lifeguards, life jackets, etc. If I were management, I would add a lot more chairs during the summer days, redesign the park entrance to minimize bottlenecks, add some Soak City street signs and include at least the right to 1 chair for the (I believe) up to 8 daily birthday group capacity. Minor changes could have made our initial experience a LOT more pleasant.

4  Thank KGNK