“Once great, now very good”

Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really, 4 stars is a really good rating. I just can't quite call this property "perfect" anymore. The rooms remain well designed and very comfortable, and isn't that the most important thing? But on this return visit, the Radisson Suites has too many nit-picky problems to just ignore them all. So here goes: Since new owners in 2013, breakfast is no longer included in most rates but I did not notice rates dropping as a result. Room thermostats are unnecessarily complicated. Don't even think of trying to make friends with it in the middle of the night. Minor problems with inhouse speed dial on one of my room's two phones. Water control in my shower needed very firm touch to fully shut it off. Gift shop closes for the entire afternoon, leaving no snack options without leaving the hotel (unless you happen to figure out that one of the four floors has a snack vending machine while all other floors have only beverage machines). Business center printer was past due for replacement or maintenance, unable to print more than a page or two without jamming. The pluses remain: Great location, free parking, excellent housekeeping and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank motohigh
Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have to say thank you to the wonderful woman who allowed my husband and I to check in early after a long drive and a sleepless night for the hubby. The suites are spacious, not large but good enough for 2 or a small family. Living room area has sleeper sofa, compact fridge and sink and desk. Bedroom was comfy, linens were cool and crisp and i loved the extra large bath towels. The shower head could've been better but it was standard for most hotels. I did call housekeeping to ask if they had a fullsize blowdryer and they never called me back. I had a broken ironing board which was replaced immediately.
Now the down side:
1. the walls must be paper thin because we could hear EVERYTHING our neighbors were doing the night before. Im glad our children werent with us or i wouldve been extremely embarrassed by the banging of the bed and the moans and groans.
2. the extra blanket in the closet was either sitting for years OR someone took it to the beach as it was filled with sand or dust or ??? i made the mistake of placing it on our bed before we were going to sleep. i had to clean off my sheets and blankets after that mistake.

overall not a bad place, a few hiccups is all.

Room Tip: Suite 124 is around on the backside and is directly in front of restaurant and close to parking lot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I don't know who cleaned my room, as there was no note about who it was but there was a large stain on the carpet next to my bed on the right hand side. Also, there was a dead spider in the bathroom that was obvious as soon as I walked into the bathroom. The spider was in multiple pieces so it hadn't just died.

The sink was also stained and the microwave had not been cleaned out. Despite telling the front desk, nothing was done even after I asked for another room.

Will never stay there again especially considering if I wanted to clean I would have stayed home and considering I spent $150.00 on the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Perry B
Rod H, General Manager at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We're sorry that you experienced a number of issues when you recently stayed with us.

In particular, we apologize for the spider, room conditions and the response (or lack thereof) by the Front Desk.

Please consider us in the future as there are exciting improvements coming our way.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

It was a horrible mistake to stay at this hotel. There was constant noise from the guests all night long - including until 1:30 a.m. The noise included gospel music playing above us due to the choir staying there. When we called the front desk, Suman, to have the noise stopped, after we had tolerated it for hours, he treated us as if we were an inconvenience. He also informed us that the loud music was coming from a local nightclub burt the same music was playing again when we left the hotel and the nightclub was closed - hence confirmation of it being gospel music with a ver loud bass.

I sent an email to the general manager and the manager of the front desk as soon as we returned home on Sunday, as my husband and I went away for a relaxing stay but could not even sleep. Unfortunately, neither one of the gentlemen have responded to my email. This tells me that customer service for this hotel is nonexistent.

Again - if you are looking for a quiet night's sleep, please choose another hotel. We already decided upon our next visit to Knotts, we will be staying at the Courtyard.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank danateach
Rod H, General Manager at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

We're sorry that encountered a noise problem when you stayed in our hotel recently. It's sometimes difficult to manage our neighbors but we try our best to work with them to understand our guests' needs of a good night's sleep.

We hope to see you in the future when you visit Buena Park.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice hotel with beautiful garden/ courtyard pool area. Our room/ suite was quit big and the room was really clean. Staff was very friendly.

Only down side, our room was the last one on the end near the main road and although the general road noise did not bother us. However, if a large semi truck or someone bumpin the bass of their car music drove by you could it clear enough to know what song it is. But I wouldn't use this as a reason not to stay.
It was honestly a great hotel for the price we paid.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed at the Radisson with a high school choir group. Great access to a variety of places in the Los Angeles area. Rooms were neat and clean, and we could have as many as six students in a room with the 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa. The centralized outdoor pool area was unique and aesthetically pleasing. Breakfast was great, with a variety of options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We booked this hotel because we wanted to stay at a Radisson and this one was the only suite property so we booked it. Only stayed for 2 nights. The hotel is an older property but they keep it up well. All the rooms open up into the courtyard overlooking the pool. We never made it in the pool but it looked very nice. They have a small gift shop inside the lobby and the majority of the stuff in there was Disney related. Only 4 stories high, we were on the 4th floor and we never heard any of our neighbors on either side or below us. We could hear shrieks and such coming from the pool area but it never bothered us at night so they must close the pool at a certain time. Really comfortable beds, slept great. It was nice to have the 2 rooms and extra space for the 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family