“Nice hotel..not so nice front desk”

Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
visalia, United States
“Nice hotel..not so nice front desk”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I love the layout of this hotel. It honestly looks like you are in a forest. Just not so happy with the front desk...they need to be more professional. We requested two nearby rooms and they were on totally different floors. The receptionist wasn't even really apologetic.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I would give it 3.5 stars if I could but rounded up because my expectations were much lower from the previous reviews. This was my 3rd stay at this hotel over the last 5 years and would give 5 stars on those stays. I have read previous reviews of guest who stays previous and didn't like the hotel anymore, so I was nervous. Pros - price, garden area, pool, kitchenettes, free shuttle to Disneyland, 2 room suites. Cons - cleanliness, no free breakfast anymore.
I could do without the free breakfast as I brought oatmeal to eat in the room before we left for Disneyland. The cleanliness was kind of gross - it really was mainly the bathroom that was clean. I try not to think much about it.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This has been my go-to hotel for my SoCal trips for years, but the latest trip has really been a disappointment. Actually, I'm still checked in, but had I not already prepaid my entire stay, I would have checked out and found another place. First of all, we checked in and our bathroom was missing a shower curtain. We were on the 4th floor, and there was no ice machine for that floor. Went up and down all floors to find that none of the ice machines worked. After the first night, w went out and returned to find that the room was cleaned but housekeeping did not bother to replace any of our towels. I had to call three times within a span of three hours to finally get some, and they sent two large towels when we booked the room for three people. I mean, really? I paid $170 a night for this place. I doubt the $60 motel down the street would be this stingy with their linen. Also, the hotel advertises a free shuttle to and from Disneyland, but the earliest is at 8:30 am, but the parks open at 8:00 am. They do not have a shuttle to accommodate Magic Mornings which let you in the Parks at 7:00 am. They used to offer a free breakfast buffet with hotel rates also, and I just found out that they are not doing that anymore. Strike 10 Radisson. Not to mention, I saw a rat scurrying along the 1st floor suites when we got back last night. I would not recommend this hotel, and I would no longer be staying here in the future.

3 Thank Emm E
Rod H, General Manager at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
On behalf of the entire staff of the hotel, we're sorry that your most recent stay with us was not satisfactory.

We appreciate your loyalty, and apologize for the problems you had with towels, the ice machine and our shuttle service.

Our hope is that you might come visit us again the next time your travels bring you to the Buena Park area.

Travellers are raving about these Buena Park hotels

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I booked this hotel using Hotwire Hot Rates for a conference I was attending. This hotel was super accommodating. They had no problem getting us in a non-smoking 2 bedroom room even though we booked through a third party.
The rooms themselves are gorgeous, though the carpet and the couches are a bit dated. We had issues with the hot water going out which is the only reason I did not give this property a 5. It was nice to have a separate living area with fridge/wetbar
The pool and hot tub area are great. The lobby contains a gift shop and several computers for guests to use which is nice. The internet was a decent speed too, which is rare for hotels.
The onsite restaurant is okay, nothing special, but there are several other dining options near by. The hotel is right next door to Medieval Times and a half block from Knott's Berry Farm.
My only other issue with the hotel is that they allow smoking anywhere on property. Several times guests were smoking right next to the pool entrance. Limiting smoking to the smoking guest rooms and maybe one designated area would be a good compromise. I got tired of having to breath in second hand smoke.
We will probably stay here again, especially if they update their smoking areas to be limited.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are all close to the exits of the hotel and have a little bit more space.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
NZ
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Having had our travel agent book this place and then reading some of the reviews I was a little apprehensive about staying there.
Was quite surprised upon reaching our room how clean and tidy it was.
Yes the decor is dated and tired but for somewhere to sleep etc it suited our needs very well.
Breakfast was average with selection same each day.
Staff were always helpful even down to fixing a blocked toilet at 11pm.
Location is handy to knotts berry farm and several eating establishment's like BK Maccas etc.
Disney shuttle very handy.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed 5 days at this hotel and were pleased with our stay. The staff was incredibly helpful, especially Ray, one of the maintenance staff. One person in our party needed a wheelchair accessible room. When we asked to have another grab bar installed, they did it right away, just where we needed it. The ambiance is pleasant, and the landscaping provided a quiet oasis from the noisy city. I only wish I hadn't seen dead bees and ladybugs in the gardens, because that probably means they are using a neonicotinoid insecticide on the premises.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

There are roaches and spiders.
Had to keep calling for towels and toilet paper, they dont bring them after cleaning. Air conditioning didnt work well. Hot and humid in the room. Parking after 8pm is hap hazard. I do not recommend this hotel. Save your money as this is not a 3 star hotel, its 2.5 at best.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Dononyx
Rod H, General Manager at Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We're sorry you had parking problems when you were recently with us, and that Housekeeping forgot some important items for your suite.

Thank you for letting us know about these issues, along with the pest concern.