“Hidden extras”

Knights Inn Buena Park/Anaheim
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 28 March 2013

To start you get the enjoyment of paying an extra $5 fee per day for your car or it will get towed. Then you get to pay $6 hotel fee? Then in the room you get extra friends to stay with you in the bed on the carpet and the walls. Then when you ask for more towels or should i say rags they want to charge extra for them. It was close to the park but you get to see working girls getting extra cash in the parkinglot on the way to the park. Also we had to change rooms the first one had the door to the fridge and the plug came out and i mean the the socket with electrical burns.then and not leasr you have the drug dealers in the parking lot. O ps no breakfast and no coffee makers in the room. I will never stay at a knights inn again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jackaloape
KNIGHTSINNBUENAPARK, Manager at Knights Inn Buena Park/Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

We do not have any hidden fees, as our web page say, we charge a parking fee, and the $5.00 fee is for the whole stay, and not daily. We do not charge any $6.00 hotel fee to anybody, if you were charged any other fee, please contact me at the hotel so it can be refunded. The rooms as pretty clean and we do not any complaints of any kind of pest in the rooms, we have new carpets all over the hotel. We put a set of towels in the room, and if a guest needs extra towels we can offer them at the front desk, and we will never charge for them. I really do not understand why is that you are posting something that is not accurate. The only extra charge that we have is a $5.00 parking fee, and it is detailed in our webpage.
We apologized for the problem you had with the refrigerator, and we tried to solve the problem and make your stay better changing you to a room with a working fridge.
This is a family friendly hotel, and we do not have drug dealers in our parking lot, not as we are aware of it.
Knights Inn standard do not offer breakfast or coffee makers in the room, and we do not offer that in our hotel description, we do have coffee 24 hours in the lobby.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

This is literally the WORST hotel experience I have ever had in my life.

We stayed here in September to stay after a trip to Knott's Berry Farm. There were many of us, and the employee told us over the phone that we were being given their "biggest room" which had two beds and a fold-out couch. This was a blatant lie.

We got to the hotel and there was no couch. As a result, two of us had to sleep on the floor.

The "complimentary breakfast" consists of a box of donuts that sit overnight in the lobby that the employees eat.

In the morning, when I went to take a shower, the water coming out of the shower was brown. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone over to fix it. I asked if I could use a neighboring shower, and was denied. When the employee came hours later, it was check-out time. We were all dirty, unclean, and miserable.

We were refused a full refund. Please, pay a little more and avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The room was clean, clean sheets, clean bathroom. The bathroom could use a little updating. The bed was pretty decent to sleep on. We were on the bottom floor, so could hear people walking above us and could hear the shower water being turned on and off from the above room. The tv, fridge, microwave all in good working order.We did have a little trouble with the door unlocking and not being able to lock it, but was able to fix it on our own. They could do a little better on the continental breakfast as they served bakery style doughnuts and coffee in the main office. Super close to Knott's Berry Farm, Medevial Times, and the Pirate dinner show. Our trip was actually to Disneyland which was only 7 miles down the freeeway. Super easy to get to and from from this hotel. We saved $150 by staying here as opposed to staying at a hotel near Disneyland. I would def stay here again if they keep their prices as low as they were!!! (:

Room Tip: Dont stay up near the office as you can hear the traffic from the main road.
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Well, i was a bit iffy after seeing the reviews but my thinking was, this is a low budget unexpected trip and maybe the reviews were by picky travelers...Well, believe them ALL!

First I will explain the pros, the room is decent with a very firm bed. Clean sheets and our shower drained properly with plenty of hot, high pressure water. Nice working fridge w/ freezer and microwave. Tv got plenty of channels too.

Now the Cons, Very low signal on wifi, dirty carpet, hardly NO ONE was there, I saw so many empty rooms. Breakfast is not even worth going to the front desk for. I killed a very large wood spider the first night. Woke up the next morning to see a 2+ inch crawling thing on the wall and woke my husband to kill it. The next morning it rained and there were worms inside on the
carpet by the door. The next morning there was a trail of silver swirls all over the carpet in front of the door, slugs perhaps?? I was afriad of what was going to crawl into bed with us or into our luggage!! No roaches but plenty of OUTSIDE bugs to creep you out!! I do not recommend this hotel at all! Or at least stay on the second floor not the ground floor!

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room!! If you don't want to wake up to creepy crawlers!
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I had reservations to stay the weekend here and I didnt get to check in until after midnight since my travel was weather affected. The gentleman on duty was super nice and said everything was fine. The room we checked into had some major issues but it was fine to sleep in and the next morning we were switched into a different room. I was pleased that right off the bat we were offered a new room! Comfy beds made tbis stay awesome!

Reviewed 26 September 2012

This hotel was in the center of so Cal and was across the street from knotts berry farm. The rooms were kept clean and they had a microwave and refrigerator in it. Front desk staff was also friendly and helpfull. We didn't use the pool but looked clean. I would reccomend this hotel to people who want to get some good rest but not pay and arm for a hotel.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Natasha S
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This hotel is not for you if you enjoy luxury. It is dark and dingy, although they did have clean sheets and lots of clean towels. We only slept and showered here since we were out since the crack of dawn til very late at night. They did have donuts for breakfast in the office. They do have a pool. Great location near restaurants, Walmart, and a theme park. About 30 minutes to the beach with all the traffic lights. I would not recommend if you will be staying in your room all day, but if you are going to be out alot and dont mind budget hotels then I would.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family