“Bugs and mold”

Knights Inn Buena Park/Anaheim
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We couldn't stay here due to black mold on the ceiling in the bathroom (same for two rooms). My Mom couldn't shower here because the bathroom was so filthy. We had dead bugs on our ceiling in our room and ended up paying the extra $40/night at Marriott. A refund was provided for the room we didn't use here.

Room Tip: Is there a good room? I didn't see any.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Tania T, Manager at Knights Inn Buena Park/Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Please accept my sincere apology regarding your experience at our property. Your experience with Knights Inn was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guest. I am truly sorry that we failed to provide you with our very best.
I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area. If you decide to do so, please call our property directly, ask for me, and I will personally assist you.
Respectfully,
Tania Taylor

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights as we always do been staying here about 10 years now and the manager Tania is lovely she always makes us welcome and I find the room rate excellent for the area its in. Its very close to knots berry farm so you don't need to take your car you just walk across the road about 5 minutes walk it costs $15 to park your car so you are on a winner if you walk. Also very handy for all other entertainments in Buena Park I wouldn't stay anywhere else for the money you wont beat this place. The rooms are nice nothing flash but real comfortable and its quiet. I will definitely keep coming back to Knights in on Stanton you also get a free coffee service and continental breakfast although we don't have it as we love to have a fully cooked breakfast at dennys

Room Tip: They're all the same wherever I have stayed here
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Tania T, General Manager at Knights Inn Buena Park/Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. It is always a pleasure to have you. Looking forward to see you next year.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

this hotel is probably the worst hotel I stayed at. first off you have to pay for parking there is not enough available spaces for your car then the front desk clerk will ask you to park on the road or empty lot behind the hotel. They said they can't guarantee that your car will be safe. If your car gets damaged in the parking lot they will not pay for any damages. Refuses to accomadate guests. The clerk was rude and dissresptful. Don't ever go to this place

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Booked a room (RM#122) from Hotwire for 4/20/13. Bad mistake.

My wife and I got into our room late after spending the day at Disneyland and there were small bugs everywhere. On the beds, on the floor, and all over the bathroom. It was a no brainer, we left so fast. We could not take the bugs crawling on us and everything in there. Told the manager at the front desk and he didn't seem to care much and he also did not offer us a different room so we left to stay at a hotel down the street that we had stayed in the week before.

Tried to call Hotwire to receive a refund a couple days later after our vacation because the manager said he couldn't help me with that at the hotel because we booked through a 3rd party. Hotwire called the hotel and the hotel said that we had stayed in the room all night and reported nothing about bugs. Lies!!! Hotwire said they would not give me a refund because they could not confirm what the condition of the room was. I asked them how am I suppose to prove there were bugs and unfit conditions. I don't have controls to put notes in the hotels system. I told Hotwire customer service that I had a receipt for the time we left and duration of stay but that didn't matter to them because it couldn't prove anything.

I'm not one to write reviews or complain but I had to tell people about this one. Hotwire is a dishonest company and I will never use them again. I hope this helps everyone out there looking for a place to stay or what companies to trust.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Colbie C
Tania T, Manager at Knights Inn Buena Park/Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for your review expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at the property. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At Knights Inn Buena Park, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. We were very surprised that you mentioned that you found bugs in the room, as we recently remodeled the rooms, the carpets in all the property are brand new, not even a month old, and we conduct a periodically pest control in old our rooms. We checked the room deeply and we did not find any kind of bugs at all. If you have taken any pictures at all, I would appreciate if you could send it to my email @ tania.taylor64@yahoo.com, we will review the case, contact Hotwire for a full refund of your stay.
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know of this situation.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I travel a lot for a living, I stopped here for a week and I was very pleased by how clean the property was and how friendly the staff is. The room had excellent maid service. The wallpaper was in need of repair in the closet area and the TV could be updated. The price was right for what we got. All I need is a place to sleep, charge my phone, and use internet. The area was quiet and I would return again. Close to shopping, food and amusements.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carrie T

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to having you as a guest in the future. Contact us directly to make your reservation so you can assure the best available rate.
Regards.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

It seemed like a good hotel when I saw the reviews on the internet, close to Knotts, but the first impresion when I got there, they first told me that my room was not available, so they upgraded us to a suite, there where spiderwebs on the door, outside my room a full trash can, the door lock did not work, I had to put a table against the door, because someone tried to open the door 3 times at night, the room was not to clean, but I also recomend that you take slipers to walk in your room and to go in to the tub. Tha bed was hard, sleeping on the floor would have been the same. There was a space underneath the door that a mouse could get in, and I mean a mouse, because there was a garbage container 20 feet from our room, the overall impresion, very bad, this property has not had a renovation in about 20 years, just patches here and there. For 20 or 30 dollars more, I would recomend going to an other hotel. The gentlemean at the front desk, wich you could not understand his english, was not very friendly, he tried to charge me $5 dllrs for parking, and I told him, here on my reservation it states FREE PARKING, but he said that it was hotel policy to charge for parking, so I gave him a piece of my mind and he said that for this time, he was not going to charge me, Please do your self a favor, if your are looking for a cheap dirty unsecure hotel, this is the one to go to, but if after a day of hitting the parks, you want to go and rest, feel secure I would recomend going someplace else. This review does not tend to ofend the owners ot this hotel, but to take actions and correct all that is wrong so they could have more clients coming back. It is a nice price if you like staying in a pig pen!!!! I would not stay here in the future, nor recomend it to no one, the only thing I missed in Knotts was seeing more animals, but got my share of spiders and mice outside my room. Its what to expect for what you pay!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank doc_in_cancun

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our Knights Inn Buena Park. First let me apologize for the inconvenience you experience as a guest of out hotel. Second I would like to address the concerns that you expressed.
Our mattresses are all firm pillow top to provide with the best support, and we always receive compliments about them. We changed all our mattresses no more than a year ago. All the rooms in the property have new carpets and padding, we made this change less than a month ago. We have no mice or rats in the property as we conduct pest control service all the time. We have outdoor corridors and so many trees around, and that may cause some spider webs here and there, buy we are very careful to power wash out outdoors twice a month so everything remains clean and pest free. We have trash cans all over our corridors so it is easy for our guest to dispose their garbage, and that was never an issue in the property.
Once again. I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have cause you.
Regards

Reviewed 28 March 2013

To start you get the enjoyment of paying an extra $5 fee per day for your car or it will get towed. Then you get to pay $6 hotel fee? Then in the room you get extra friends to stay with you in the bed on the carpet and the walls. Then when you ask for more towels or should i say rags they want to charge extra for them. It was close to the park but you get to see working girls getting extra cash in the parkinglot on the way to the park. Also we had to change rooms the first one had the door to the fridge and the plug came out and i mean the the socket with electrical burns.then and not leasr you have the drug dealers in the parking lot. O ps no breakfast and no coffee makers in the room. I will never stay at a knights inn again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jackaloape
KNIGHTSINNBUENAPARK, Manager at Knights Inn Buena Park/Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

We do not have any hidden fees, as our web page say, we charge a parking fee, and the $5.00 fee is for the whole stay, and not daily. We do not charge any $6.00 hotel fee to anybody, if you were charged any other fee, please contact me at the hotel so it can be refunded. The rooms as pretty clean and we do not any complaints of any kind of pest in the rooms, we have new carpets all over the hotel. We put a set of towels in the room, and if a guest needs extra towels we can offer them at the front desk, and we will never charge for them. I really do not understand why is that you are posting something that is not accurate. The only extra charge that we have is a $5.00 parking fee, and it is detailed in our webpage.
We apologized for the problem you had with the refrigerator, and we tried to solve the problem and make your stay better changing you to a room with a working fridge.
This is a family friendly hotel, and we do not have drug dealers in our parking lot, not as we are aware of it.
Knights Inn standard do not offer breakfast or coffee makers in the room, and we do not offer that in our hotel description, we do have coffee 24 hours in the lobby.