“A great weekend stay”

Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was on back to back business trips and needed to find a low cost hotel in an area with things to do. This hotel worked out great. I needed to do laundry and I new a Courtyard would have one. This one did and they were able to put me in a room near it so I didn't have to lug laundry all across the hotel. Within walking distance is nice Starbucks. Knott's Berry Farm is just down the road and Disneyland a short drive away. It was a good weekend break from by business trip. Staff was great, room was great. On my list of return to hotels. Also they had plenty of free parking.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Courtyard by Marriott - Anaheim Buena Park is a standard Courtyard. It has nice rooms, free internet, a fridge in the room and has the same general layout as all of the Courtyards (e.g., two wings with three stories each and a center area with the guest services, common area, and the restaurant). The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It’s down the road from Knotts Berry Farm so there were a lot of families with kids at this location. I didn’t eat at this location so I can’t comment on the restaurant. There are a lot of restaurants nearby to this location due to its proximity to Knotts Berry Farm.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank old_dude_traveler
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay. Rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I will be happy to return if the opportunity presented itself.
The hot tip: ask for a first floor room facing the interior courtyard. These rooms have a walk out area to the court yard, with nice access to the pool area.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank SurgeonMike
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've stayed at many Marriott Courtyard hotels in the past, and usually they are pretty decent ....but this was not up to Marriott standards at all. The room seemed clean, but the bathroom sink smelled! At first I thought it would go away or needed cleaning, but every day the same sewer like odor was there, I had to use the water in the bath tub as I couldn't stand running the water to even brush my teeth or wash my face! I went to the front desk to discuss the issue, and I was ignored. The front desk person was staring at his computer screen, never acknowledged my presence until another front desk staff member told him to help me out. By that time I decided to cut my stay short and checked out early. Worst stay ever and I'll continue to frequent the Marriott chain in other locations, but I will never stay at the Anaheim/Buena Park location again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank princesspanda56
CamiloB, Manager at Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park.

You indicated in your response that the sink in the room smelled and the Front Desk staff was not helpful; I do apologize for both of these inconveniences. I am sorry you didn’t receive the service expected from our Front Desk staff I will ensure they will not do this again. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your room and staff expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

SHARON WILSON
Operations Manager
Buena Park Courtyard by Marriott
sharon.e.wilson@marriott.com
714-670-6600

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights. I was pleasantly surprised that it was quiet, since it's close to Knotts and the freeway. The room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the inviting courtyard and lobby. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank skays56
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several. Ask to stay in the back as it can get noisy from people walking by. Last stay was in a 1 bed suite and appeared to be newly renovated. Only complaint is the beds arevso hard I had to sleep on the couch. Tried using the sofa bed as a pull out bed but the matress is about and inch thick and you can feel the bars. Did not make for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to get 2 extra nights away after a business trip so we decided to spend Valentine's Day at Disneyland. AS you could imagine all of the hotels near by were very expensive around that time. I found a deal on Groupon for 2 night, $195 total with a $8 kick back.

I was totally happy with the whole stay. The staff was excellent, friendly and helpful. The room was super clean, easy to access with lots of parking. We asked for a 2nd floor room, there is an elevator so you do not have to drag bags up stairs. Also the room has a balcony, which is nice to open and enjoy some fresh air. The room lay out was great with plenty of room. The bed was comfy, way better than the last 2 beds we slept in on the business part of our trip. One was at a Marriott in Phoenix and the other a Sheraton in Pomona, CA.

We did not use the pool since we got in late but we did use the hot tub once. It is very roomy. We did test the pool temp and it was very warm. So I imagine it would be enjoyable as well.

There are a lot of restaurants and things close by. The drive to Disneyland was only 8 minutes.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple