“Decent hotel for price”

Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of a 2 week vacation and we were very happy with the hotel, the location and the staff. The room, the linens and the hotel overall were clean and the staff was friendly. We didn't get to use the pool, but we did utilize the hot tub and it was wonderfully relaxing. The location of the hotel is a bit far from downtown Los Angeles, and the traffic getting to LA was not great, but that was ok with us. We didn't want to be in the busyness of "city" life. We liked that this Courtyard was a distance away because it gave us more of an opportunity to sightsee. Knott's Berry Farm Park is really close as is Disneyland. There is also a Walmart and a mall nearby and a Target and Outback next door. The hotel had plenty of parking and was easy to get to. I liked that the cups in the room were the styrofoam kind wrapped in plastic. I think those are safer and cleaner than the glass ones. There is a single cup coffeemaker in the room as well as a refrigerator. The only bad part about the fridge was the controls - had a 2 hour quick chill feature and then it went off for about 8 hours. That was a bit strange and didn't really keep the water that we bought very cold, but it was cold enough for us. The shower head was nice and worked properly and the water pressure was great. The only negatives - which did not alter our trip in any way: there is no in-room safe, no mirror in the main area (only in the bathroom which isn't good for my hot flashes) and they didn't have any flavored creamer for the free coffee in the lobby. Again, not a big deal, I just don't like regular creamer so I skipped the coffee altogether - I'm not a coffee addict and only wanted it because it was there.
Overall, we had a great stay at this Courtyard. The staff, the location, the price and the hotel itself was great. I'd stay here again if I ever make it back to the LA area.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 January 2010

I stayed here one night because I had a conference at the Kotts Berry Farm Resort hotel and booked a room on Priceline (twice I have gotten that hotel for about $50 a night) and this time I got the Courtyard. It was clean, nice, a free business center for me to print stuff and if you wanted to visit the Knotts park you could walk there and save on parking fees.

I would enthusiastically recommend to business travelers (the Knott's resort doesn't have a functioning business center and I had my wallet stolen at a conference at the Holiday Inn down the street and would discourage people from staying there, so this was the best I have experienced in the area). Also, would be great for families looking to enjoy all the parks in the area.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank DenverMommy
Reviewed 18 November 2009

This hotel is just what I was looking for when I went to LA: quiet, friendly staff and guests, nice bedroom and toilet, good internet connection, complimentary parking. The only two negative points I can think of are: (1) the distance to the main LA sites: beaches, Hollywood, etc. With no traffic, it takes about half an hour to go from Buena Park do Downtown LA. But there is almost always some traffic, so you can take up to two hours. (2) Breakfast not being complimentary. Although a very good one (cereal, fruit, hot dishes, coffee, juices), paying $13 each day for breakfast makes it a little expensive.
But overall I give the hotel five stars, and I would definitely recommend it, if you'll rent a car and don't mind getting a little traffic. If I went back to LA, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2009

I am a very picky traveler. As I checked in they only had outside rooms for the room type I asked for. But, immediately when I shared my concern, they asked me if a double would be OK, and they moved me. Jill in the restaurant reminded me to smile when I would come to get breakfast. What a great way to start the day. The desk staff was friendly and helpful in suggesting restaurants. The room was clean and operational. For the price I was paying and being there 4 days, I would highly recommend this hotel. Exercise Room could use a fan, but was functional.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2009

It was located right across from Medieval Times! Great location and hot breakfast with make your own waffles. Kids loved it! A bit loud being near Knott's Berry Farm - if noise bothers you, ask for a room on the opposite side from the park. Clean rooms and friendly staff. It seemed a bit on the expensive side (maybe 10-15 dollars too much?), but with the free breakfast, I guess it evened out. There are no video games on the tv, but there is a mini fridge.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and couldn't have been happier with our stay.We found the hotel on trip advisor and were so glad we chose it.I asked for feather free rooms on the second floor,2 next to each other which we were given.The lady that checked us in was polite and friendly as were all the staff that we came into contact with.The fridge in my parents room wasn't working when we arrived but when we told the front desk a new one was installed within around 15 mins of us reporting it.The rooms themselves are spotless and comfortable as was the bathroom.We didn't use the pool but the area was kept immaculate.There is also a free fitness room and a hot tub.The hotel is a about a 10/15 min drive to Disney and Knott's Berry Farm is walking distance.Also if you turn right out of the hotel and stay on the same road it will take you to the coastline.We spent one day at Newport Beach which was fantastic.Another day we drove to Long Beach and got the ferry over to Catalina Island which is well worth a visit.I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again and for the money you pay i can't imagine finding anywhere better.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2009

This was the perfect spot for a trip with my pre-teen, another mom and her pre-teen. I bought a deal that included the breakfast. There was a full hot breakfast and even a "make your own waffles" that the kids loved. It is right across the street from Medieval Times and about 3 blocks to Knotts Berry Farm. We had 2 cars since we met there...so it was important to find a hotel that did not charge for parking. The hotel had plenty of free parking. Our room was quiet enough and dark enough. The bathroom as a bit tight for 4 women... but we made it work. The free internet made up for it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family