“nice hotel”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Sussex, New Jersey
“nice hotel”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

This hotel is your typical Courtyard Marriott. I have stayed here a couple of times. The staff is friendly and professional, the rooms are clean, the parking is free, and there are a number of restaurants in walking distance. They recently added a "cafe" style restaurant, but I am not sure of the hours of operation.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Rhondda, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Excellent hotel! All the Staff (front desk, food counter etc) were among the best we have encountered.
The rooms were very clean and modern as was the reception area.
Walking distance to Knotts Berry Farm and only 10 minutes to Disney.
Overall a brilliant hotel which I will visit again if staying in this area.
Ask for a room view room!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ElliSonn
Sierra Vista, AZ
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Not bad for the price. You can tell the building is a bit older but everything worked well. Refrigerator in the room and air conditioning and internet. Yay! Pirates and Midieval Times are right across the street. Knott's is maybe a block or two away. The drive to Disneyland was awesome- quick and easy. The bad: it was pretty noisy. You can hear every conversation in the hallway and every footstep above you if you're on the first floor. I even got two prank calls at nearly midnight- unless it was just a really confused person who didn't want to talk on the other end. There were a lot of younger people that got a little rowdy. The parking spots near the front are SO compact!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Satiata
Jefferson, Iowa
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Clean, near I-5, near Knott's, across the street from Medieval Times, nice rooms, nice beds, nice shower, nice parking, no complaints.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jimfromiowa
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We stayed here on our little trip to the theme parks Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm. We also wanted to go to Medieval Times for dinner, we choose this place because it was close to our two destinations, and decided to get a taxi to Disneyland (approx $30 each way inc tip). Hotel was lovely, nice clean room, very comfy king size bed, good shower, coffee making facilities only. Room had been retrofitted to bring it up to fashion, but it was done tastefully. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
maryland
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of a 2 week vacation and we were very happy with the hotel, the location and the staff. The room, the linens and the hotel overall were clean and the staff was friendly. We didn't get to use the pool, but we did utilize the hot tub and it was wonderfully relaxing. The location of the hotel is a bit far from downtown Los Angeles, and the traffic getting to LA was not great, but that was ok with us. We didn't want to be in the busyness of "city" life. We liked that this Courtyard was a distance away because it gave us more of an opportunity to sightsee. Knott's Berry Farm Park is really close as is Disneyland. There is also a Walmart and a mall nearby and a Target and Outback next door. The hotel had plenty of parking and was easy to get to. I liked that the cups in the room were the styrofoam kind wrapped in plastic. I think those are safer and cleaner than the glass ones. There is a single cup coffeemaker in the room as well as a refrigerator. The only bad part about the fridge was the controls - had a 2 hour quick chill feature and then it went off for about 8 hours. That was a bit strange and didn't really keep the water that we bought very cold, but it was cold enough for us. The shower head was nice and worked properly and the water pressure was great. The only negatives - which did not alter our trip in any way: there is no in-room safe, no mirror in the main area (only in the bathroom which isn't good for my hot flashes) and they didn't have any flavored creamer for the free coffee in the lobby. Again, not a big deal, I just don't like regular creamer so I skipped the coffee altogether - I'm not a coffee addict and only wanted it because it was there.
Overall, we had a great stay at this Courtyard. The staff, the location, the price and the hotel itself was great. I'd stay here again if I ever make it back to the LA area.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I stayed here one night because I had a conference at the Kotts Berry Farm Resort hotel and booked a room on Priceline (twice I have gotten that hotel for about $50 a night) and this time I got the Courtyard. It was clean, nice, a free business center for me to print stuff and if you wanted to visit the Knotts park you could walk there and save on parking fees.

I would enthusiastically recommend to business travelers (the Knott's resort doesn't have a functioning business center and I had my wallet stolen at a conference at the Holiday Inn down the street and would discourage people from staying there, so this was the best I have experienced in the area). Also, would be great for families looking to enjoy all the parks in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business