“Would Stay Again”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Layton, Utah
“Would Stay Again”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in November while visiting Disneyland. We stayed in the room that has one king bed, a living room and two bathrooms. At first this configuration seemed a bit odd, but it was wonderful. Both bathrooms have a separate vanity area, which made it so everyone could be getting ready at the same time. The hotel was very clean and we didn't have any noise from the construction or the road, however we were on the side of the hotel opposite from such potential noises. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and both worked properly. The breakfast had lots of choices and they changed the hot items for each day of our stay, which meant we didn't get bored of the same old thing. However, there were a couple of times that the hot items were out and the breads could have been better stocked. Also, they only had red apples and bananas for fruit. A bit of variety there would have been appreciated. Personally, I thought we were plenty close to Disneyland. It's a short 10 minute or so trip right up the freeway. There aren't any dining options within walking distance, but there are several choices a few miles away by car. There is also a Wal-Mart pretty close where you can pick up items you've forgotten. There is free parking at this property and we never had trouble finding a space.
A couple of things bump this from a potential 5. First of all, don't put children on your reservation through marriott.com. For example, if you have two adults and two children, just say that you've got two people. This property will charge you an extra fee for any number of people over 2 even though children stay free in the room with their parents. It's weird and we've never had that happen before. When we called, we were told to just leave the child off the reservation, but we were glad we called so that we didn't overpay. Also, they have a sofa in the room, but it's not a sofa bed. The property provided us with a roll away free of charge. The elevator is quite slow, so allow time for that unless you want to take the stairs. Also the hot tub heater was out of order while we were staying there. When we asked if it would be fixed we got an "I don't know" answer. It was kind of frustrating to have the desk attendant suggest that we use the one at the Holiday Inn. First of all, is that really OK? Secondly, I don't want to walk across two parking lots and through the lobby of another hotel in my bathing suit just to use the hot tub.
Overall it was a very nice stay. If I'm visiting this area again, we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Go2theZoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Evansville, IN
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband, father and I stayed here from Saturday through Monday while we were in the LA area for a Kings game and Ducks game. It was a great location (about 7 miles from Honda Center, and 21 miles from Staples Center). We had the "family suite" which is a 2-bedroom suite with a king bed in one room, and 2 queens in the other. There were 2 restrooms, a microwave and fridge. Having a complimentary breakfast was nice, but the food was blahhh (besides the waffles) but what do you expect when its "free". There was an Asian tour group staying while we were there (they took up 60 rooms) so as long as you avoid the "breakfast rush" before they head out, you'll be fine. The bed was a little firm, but still comfortable with decent, clean sheets. I also appreciated the fact they had a name-brand shampoo/conditioner (Pantene). Its close to Disney and Knott's Berry Farm too, but we didn't notice a crazy amount of kids like the hotels on Harbor Dr. We paid about $160/night not including tax/resort fees, which I felt was a very fair price- especially if you're splitting the cost with another couple/family. having free wifi and free parking was also a plus! We used the fitness area (it had DirecTV and a higher quality picture than the one in our room) and it was sufficient for my need to hop on the treadmill for a bit. It was also nice to be able to use their computer area to print our hockey tickets and airport parking coupons- complimentary! Lastly, the staff was very helpful answering questions, and offering directions. I'd recommend it to anyone needing a decent, clean, convenient place to stay in the OC/LA area.

Room Tip: Stay closer to Disney if you have kids, this place is a nice haven for adults who want to avoid all...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My family and I stayed here for three nights while visiting Disneyland over our Christmas vacation. Our check-in was seamless and to our wonderful surprise we had been upgraded to a suite. I had spoken to Juan earlier that week and expressed some concern about not having a sofa bed. Juan was very courteous and said he would try to help us, which he did. Thanks again Juan, we are Marriott Rewards members and have stayed in many Marriott hotels and you are the first to go out of your way to help.

The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The morning breakfast had a nice selection and I took advantage of the free shuttle to the parks. All in all an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Terrible Management and Customer Service
Checked in very early called ahead and was told they would charge a day rate $25 - $50 day rate charge. That was fine with me got to hotel and was told something different. Then the front desk person who I spoke to and wrote down her name denied she said that. I admit I was quite crazed when I called to confirm this but luckily my husband was in the car with me and confirmed that is what she said. Ok so that was the first issue. Then when I emailed the manager who was suppose to contact me the day after and failed too. I mentioned the loud construction going on outside. He was happy to help at first and offered an upgrade for my troubles. However when we moved rooms we were moved to another loud room. It was one issue after another with NO RESOLUTION. At this point I was getting more frustrated, SO he thought it was a good time to argue with me. Problems with the fridge caused babies milk to go bad he was argumentative about that as well. I took it down to him and he would not come out of the office to speak to me. He was terribly rude and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I have never been so upset with a hotel like this one. Definitely not up to Marriott standards or any hotel standards for that matter!
Loud Construction, Free Shuttle is only once in the morning and once in the evening.
Only plus was housekeeping was great!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Candice G
Las Vegas
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel the first week of December to visit the local theme parks for the Holiday Season. Our room was a double queen bed room on the third floor near the elevator. Our room was very clean and perfect for our needs. They also serve a decent breakfast buffet every morning so you can fuel up before a long day at the theme parks. The hotel is in a very convenient location just minutes from Knotts and Disneyland. It is also surrounded by various places to eat and there are various stores in close proximity as well. The floors can get a bit noisy at times, but that is to be expected because of all the families who are there with their children just as I was. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sandman702
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel offers complimentary shuttle buses to and from Disneyland.
The hotel staff were very helpful in assisting us make tour enquiries and bookings.
There are a few restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel.
The only downside is the hotel location if you need to use public transport to get around as it is not near any train stations.
Hotel is recommended if you can work out how to get to and from the hotel if you are using public transport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BBear2009
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this location at the end of September for three nights. We were very pleased with our accommodations! Our room was practically spotless, two comfortable queen beds, a huge fridge, microwave, free wifi and parking!!! There was a lot of construction going on during our stay but we didn't hear a sound. Very quiet hotel with really friendly front desk staff. They even provide fruit infused water in the lobby. Will definitely stay here again during our many future Orange County getaways.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family