The hotel has been undergoing a multi-million dollar refurbishment over the last 18 months or so. This started with the rooms. The old single pane windows were all replaced with new double pane (double glazed) windows which are much more efficient, some of the old ones didn't close particularly well and resulted in draughts. New carpets were laid to the rooms and the hall ways. Bedroom furniture and fittings all upated and new vinyl to the walls. Each room now has a refrigerator as well as coffee making facilities. Over all much improved.
The public areas have seen the most recent changes and I will post some photos below as there have been some very significant changes.
The bar, Marbles Lounge, has been opened up onto the lobby area making it appear part of the larger space, new furniture is coming in the next few days and in the pictures the old tables and club style chairs are still visible. They have incorporated some settles to make a couple of boothes on the western wall and the small window to the car park has been closed off and turned into a service area.
The restaurant, Ventanas, has all new tables and chairs and the boothes along the easterly wall have gone to be replaced by a long banquette seat with tables and chairs along its length.
The lobby is where most people will really notice the difference, you can compare my photos with the plethora of earlier photos, some on the hotels website, to see the differences. Somehow, although the dimensions are still the same it appears much larger, possibly because of the light colourings for wall and floorings. The marble tiles have all been replaced with new ones, stone or porcelain. The fireplace is still there and is very welcoming, new lobby furniture has replaced the old sofas and the piano has gone, a sad loss!
The banqueting rooms have all been face lifted too although I have not been in any to check them out and consequently do not have any pictures.
The old surfacing around the pool and Jacuzzi has been ripped up and now block paving laid, this continues around the Gazebo area and down towards the lobby doors past where the old fountain was which has also been removed as part of the re modelling. The pool area is really much improved by this and everyone is most complimentary. Lifts for people with disabilities have also been installed to both the main pool and to the Jacuzzi.
The staff are just as friendly as ever some of them have been here for decades, this is not a hotel with a high staff turnover which says a lot for the management.
There has been so much work done I have only concentrated on a small amount, I hope you enjoy my pictures if I have time I will try to add some more of the other areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim area hotel located in Buena Park, CA minutes from Disneyland, California Adventure, downtown Disney Shopping, Knotts Berry Farm, Soak City, Medieval Times and Pirate's Dinner Adventure, Holiday Inn Buena Park offers free parking and free shuttle to local attractions. This newly renovated hotel also boasts free wi-fi, the largest outdoor heated pool and whirlpool in the area, as well as a restaurant and bar serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and room service -kids always kids stay/eat free at Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Buena Park
- Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel And Conference Center
- Buena Park Holiday Inn