Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My partner & I stayed at the Holiday Inn Buena Park in October 2013 thinking it was a good base for exploring LA. It's location is great for Disneyland, but due to the immense volume of LA traffic most of our exploring to Universal / Santa Monica / Malibu / Hollywood Sign / Walk of Fame etc involved factoring in a 90-120min car journey! Obviously this is not the fault of the hotel, but we really hadn't anticipated how long it would take to drive across the city!
Whilst staying at this hotel there were renovations going on so the front of the hotel was closed off & access was via a side door. This didn't really cause us any disruptions in terms of noise or mess. Our booking included breakfast vouchers, which was served in a tiny room, although there was still a reasonable choice of food considering the room size you did feel pretty rushed due to the large amount of people in such a small room - I think this might have been due to the hotel rennovations.
Our bedroom was a good size & perfectly comfortable, although in my opinion not up to the usual standard of a Holiday Inn. The room decor is very dark & looks a bit dated, there is no safe in the hotel room (although you can use the ones behind reception for small items), & there was an ant infestation in our bathroom. We did report this to reception & they were removed & provided us with ant spray, but each day the ants had returned, although we were lucky enough that they stayed only in the bathroom!
Plenty of car parking, opposite a Denny's & several other food places, & we'd recommend trying the Korean BBQ restaurant next door to the hotel if you fancy something a bit different.
Overall I felt this hotel was decidedly average, & if returning to LA I would look at accommodation in a different location based on travel times alone!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review. From the date you traveled and your comments, it seems you visited prior to all of our renovations. I'd encourage you and others to visit our website to get a good feel of all of the changes and upgrades since your last visit. If looking for a central location for vacation plans including Disneyland, Orange County attractions, beaches and an ocassional trip into Los Angeles, the Holiday Inn Buena Park is a great central location. If plans are mainly to visit Los Angeles, Universal Studios and attractions closer to Hollywood and downtown LA, you might consider another property in Los Angeles County. Thanks again! Safe Travels.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights for the end of a family vacation, and it this hotel was a lot more than what I expected. The room is a standard room, nice beds, lots of pillows, refrigerator. I won't continue about the room, but let me tell you about the small things that make a world of a difference for traveling with a very family:

First the restaurant on side was tasty AND reasonably priced for breakfast and dinner. The kids eat free with each adult entree is also nice.
2nd the free shuttle to the local attractions was very nice. For someone else to do the driving and not pay for parking at an amusement park. You just reserve a time and your good to go, plans change while away, not a problem, call and they make the change.
3rd after staying 4 nights at a "resort" in San Diego, one of the things that irked me the most were the fees: $17 per day for parking, $17 per day which was a resort fee (never did figure out what that went to) $15 towel fee?? Isn't that what a resort fee is for, but I digress. Here at the Holiday Inn, none of that. Ample free parking, no resort fee, didn't bring your own towels for the pool, no problem, plenty of towels down at the pool, and you don't pay for one.
4th, the interaction we received from everyone was top notch. One of the reps that checked us in knew we went to Medieval Times the night we checked in. The next day she inquired how our visit was and was enthused to hear about it all. I called down on the 2nd day for some towels to be delivered to the room. They were very prompt and about 20 mins later, someone from the front desk called back to make sure we received them and if the was anything else we needed.
If staying in Buena Park or surrounding areas, I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Thank you again, and Kudos to your staff!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and for your recommendation. We truly appreciate the feedback and will share with our team.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean.we had a little fridge in the room but no microwave. Continental breakfast is not offered.

Everything was adequate. If I had any complaints it would most definitely be about the man in the gift shop. As soon as you walk in, he's right on you. It made me feel as if he was worried I was going to shoplift something. He said he would have to verify with mgmt for room charge. Also my spouse booked the room, but did not travel with us. So since the room was in his name, he would not do room charge at all. I found that odd since mgmt trusted me to rent the room, but this man didn't trust me; a guest in this hotel. At one point too, I walked in with a beverage, and he insisted that I set it on the counter while I browse. (What am I, five?) Then as I stated earlier, he followed me to make sure I didn't steal anything.

The stay was fine, but this guy has got to GO!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. This is a first for us with a review regarding the gift shop so we will certainly follow up and address your concerns. Thanks!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here as a child during a holiday to US and remember having a great time and loving the hotel. Returned again with my own children and yet again both the children and myself had a great stay. The hotel location is superb being close to shops and entertainment (Medieval Times only 5 minute walk) including Knotts Berry Farm and staff very helpful if trying to arrange trips.
The rooms we had were great allowing us to sit outside beside the pool able to watch the kids splashing away from the patio.
Our only issue was that on this trip to US this was our 4th hotel stay and the most expensive for meals and due to this we went elsewhere for food.
Hope to return again!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are great with kids as pool is easily accessible and can be watched from patio.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

So glad you enjoyed your return visit and that you were able to experience our Patio Rooms. We thank you for continuing to choose Holiday Inn Buena Park.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I received the governor suite - too bad i only used it for a couple of hours as i checked in at 3 AM and left in the morning at around 8....
Breakfast is based on a menu where you can choose items for under 11 dollar (if included in your room rate). I asked for a mix of fruits, yoghurt and bagel, which is the best deal if you're asking me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for the 5-star review!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Arrived into Long Beach airport quite early and had tickets for a tv show taping in LA later that day so my wife and I did NOT want to leave our stff in the car all day. Called hotel and they said they could get us a room early, but couldn't guarantee our bed selection. We were fine with that so we show up at hotel and "DAX" was able to get us into a room around 10am. He was quite busy with the phone ringing off the hook but he helped all the front desk customers first before working phone so check-in service was prompt. Location was good, we were also there for a typical Disney trip my wife and I do a few times a year. I typically stay at a Holiday Inn closer to the park but their service has gone down a fair amount while their prices have soared and the Embassy Suites I have stayed at in Anaheim wasn't available. Anyway, this hotel was close enough to Disney that driving was not of issue, we didn't use their shuttle. Parking was free, thankfully as I am getting sick of paying $20+ a night at hotels to park a car. Free internet always a plus and the room was cleaner/ nicer than I probably expected. My only complaint is, is the Air conditioning unit was not really working correctly. Someone had marked on the unit where to set it for cool. I played with it a few times and never placed it on the coldest setting, etc and it never got the room cooled down, when we checked into room it was horribly hot and stuffy, even my wife, who HATES the cold made comments of how warm it was. So both nights we slept with window open to cool off AND kept the a/c running to try and get cool air to continuously circulate. In the hotels defense I never brought it up as we go into room late after attending our tv show taping and then were up and out to Disney all day and didn't get into the room until quite late. I would probably stay here again as minus the a/c unit issues I really didn't have any other problems. The beds were nice but I did vote down the sleep quality due to the a/c.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for all of your valuable feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed the majority of your stay. We'll be reaching out to you directly to inquire on the room number in which you stayed so we can correct the broken A/C. Note: we do request that guests do let us know during their stay if there's anything we can do to assist (including addressing mechanical or technical issues), so that we can address any issues prior to departure.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Nice hotel with lovely pool area. It was slightly too far from the things we wanted to see in LA but would be handy for Disney etc. Good parking and handy to find off interstate. We used Dennys opposite for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for posting your review and for choosing Holiday Inn Buena Park.