My partner & I stayed at the Holiday Inn Buena Park in October 2013 thinking it was a good base for exploring LA. It's location is great for Disneyland, but due to the immense volume of LA traffic most of our exploring to Universal / Santa Monica / Malibu / Hollywood Sign / Walk of Fame etc involved factoring in a 90-120min car journey! Obviously this is not the fault of the hotel, but we really hadn't anticipated how long it would take to drive across the city!
Whilst staying at this hotel there were renovations going on so the front of the hotel was closed off & access was via a side door. This didn't really cause us any disruptions in terms of noise or mess. Our booking included breakfast vouchers, which was served in a tiny room, although there was still a reasonable choice of food considering the room size you did feel pretty rushed due to the large amount of people in such a small room - I think this might have been due to the hotel rennovations.
Our bedroom was a good size & perfectly comfortable, although in my opinion not up to the usual standard of a Holiday Inn. The room decor is very dark & looks a bit dated, there is no safe in the hotel room (although you can use the ones behind reception for small items), & there was an ant infestation in our bathroom. We did report this to reception & they were removed & provided us with ant spray, but each day the ants had returned, although we were lucky enough that they stayed only in the bathroom!
Plenty of car parking, opposite a Denny's & several other food places, & we'd recommend trying the Korean BBQ restaurant next door to the hotel if you fancy something a bit different.
Overall I felt this hotel was decidedly average, & if returning to LA I would look at accommodation in a different location based on travel times alone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim area hotel located in Buena Park, CA minutes from Disneyland, California Adventure, downtown Disney Shopping, Knotts Berry Farm, Soak City, Medieval Times and Pirate's Dinner Adventure, Holiday Inn Buena Park offers free parking and free shuttle to local attractions. This newly renovated hotel also boasts free wi-fi, the largest outdoor heated pool and whirlpool in the area, as well as a restaurant and bar serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and room service -kids always kids stay/eat free at Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference Buena Park
- Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel And Conference Center
- Buena Park Holiday Inn