“Close&convenient”

Days Inn Buena Park
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We came because of the price, we have 4 kids and got the "suite". There was nothing sweet about our stay. From the moment we checked in we had issues. Right away I noticed for a suite for 6 people there were not enough towels or pillows. We asked for more and were asked to pick them up from the front desk. Fine. Went to pick them up, they were not there. The manager scrounged up 1 pillow and 1 towel from his cabinet up front. A few hours later we realized our remote didn't work. This vacation was not a park vacation, but a relaxing beach vacation we wanted to lounge in our room and visit the beach. With the tv stuck on one Chanel we called maintenance to come they never came. Went to the front desk and finally someone came, I also asked for someone to come with the other towel and pillow, no one came. Went back again and finally the manager brought someone down with the pillows and towels. After 3 attempts over a day 1/2 our tv was never fixed and we were told sorry ! Our room was not clean upon check in there was paint scrapped off see wrap places on the wall. It looked like poop was splattered on the popcorn ceiling of our suite. There was ink all over one of the shower curtains. The blow dryer didn't work. You had to unplug the tv to use the microwave. Want to charge your phone or laptop? Forget it not enough plugs ! Now the caterpillars. Upon checking in the first day we only found one dead one this was about the time I notified them about the tv. The housekeeper came and removed it. The next morning there was a gross alive red slimy one in the bathroom then one one the carpet I almost stepped on. I called the front office and they said they would have someone come spray. The same maintenance man that couldn't fix the tv proceeded to smash the caterpillars in front of my door where there happened to be one more trying to come in. He never sprayed anything. At that point I had had enough and started searching another hotel in the 30 min I was searching we found 3 more in our room. Please save yourself the trouble. Find another hotel. At the very least never stay in the caterpillar suite.

• Stayed July 2014
Franciscu S, Manager at Days Inn Buena Park, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Akeara,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had with us. After we received your complaint while you were at the property we had our pest control company come over to inspect the room. Also, we informed Time Warner cable about the issue you mentioned about the TV. I informed our housekeeping manager about the insufficient towels you had in the room. I will make sure that this will not happen in the future.

Once again I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay and hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Room was good sized and clean. Beds were real comfortable! Pool area was well maintained and good sized.
Only negative was being told my debit card would be charged as I checked out and it was charged at check in. Other than that, for $70/night ..... Well worth the price!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Franciscu S, Manager at Days Inn Buena Park, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Larry,

Thank you for your review and I apologize about your charges taking place at check-in. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our facility and look forward to welcome you soon.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 18 July 2014

we stayed here last week in order to take kids to Knotts Berry Farm. The property was average about what you would expect for a Budget Motel. The Manager was very helpful in that when I booked online I accidently booked for june instead of July. The manager applied the no-show charge to our current stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gary,

Thank you for your review and it was my pleasure to have been able to assist you. We look forward to welcome you soon.