“Going downhill, fast”

Good Nite Inn Buena Park
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family has stayed at this property 8 different times, beginning in Oct. 2012. Each visit has been what we expected, just a room with a bed and bathroom, television free Wi-Fi, etc.
My last visit before July 3rd was in January of this year.
My wife and I stayed on July 3rd and we were very disappointed and even felt like we were an imposition rather than guests.
I had been in the lobby, speaking with the desk employees at least 3 different times when we arrived and through out the afternoon after we arrived, regarding locations of the closest market, etc. I decided to take a brief swim in their appealing outdoor pool that is assessable through the lobby. As we walked through the lobby, the desk clerk, whom we had interacted with before, asked "are you looking for something? Can I help you?" like we were just off the street.
They now charge $3.95 for Wi-Fi for 24 hours! We had small cheap towels and my wife was even awakened by the noise of other "guests" at 2 AM.
They did stop after my wife called the front desk. That in itself was surprising as I called the front desk 2 separate times for other issues and no one answered.
My biggest complaint is I paid $78 for a "budget" hotel room, when I've paid less for other properties where we were treated as guests and had more amenities.
I'm hesitant to stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside of hotel have direct access to pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron_L_GM, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Buena Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you James for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry that you felt your stay was less than favorable. Please let us know what we can do better in the future to improve and possibly retain your business. Your concerns are a top priority of ours and rest assured they will not be overlooked.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My room was on the first floor and somewhat dated, but was clean and comfortable. I was pleasantly suprised that even the bathroom was clean and had fresh towels. The staff was friendly and the hotel was located in a good spot. Had no problems getting around and slept well both nights I was there. I would certainly stay again. Floradora 16

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Sorry but they are rude and dirty. I could not get a good night rest because I was too uncomfortable. To say the least it is in a great location and close to everything. There were sketchy people walking around the area. I just didn't feel safe at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Travelerofseas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The room is very basic--few amenities and only coffee in the lobby in the morning. However, the staff was kind and accommodating and the room was fine. It was clean, comfortable, adequate and included a mini-fridge. I didn't need anything else and the price was right. The only problem was that every space in the parking lot was full when I arrived. I asked the desk clerk about the parking situation and she said, "Yes, we're pretty close to 'full up' tonight." Hmm...that means that when they are completely full, there aren't enough parking spaces. This is of course a problem only for the few stragglers like me who arrive close to midnight. If you arrive by early evening, you should be fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Good Nite inn to take my children to Knott's Berry Farm. We arrived there at 9am and the staff went out of there way to find us a clean room. Maria was very informative and really rolled out the red carpet for us!!! We received a room on the 1st floor near the pool and the kids were able to swim for about 3 hours before we left for the park. When we came back GC was able to find us 3 extra pillows and additional towels as we mistakenly used our room towels for the pool. Overall great stay and the price was ridiculously low! Best hotel in Buena Park.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Magicman29
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Room smelled like something died in it. During the night a man kept banging on our door wanting me to open. I called front desk nothing was done. The sheet slipped off the corner of the bed exposing the mattress only to find about a foot of the mattress corner was soaked in old dried blood. I have stayed at older properties before, they can be old but they DO NOT have to be filthy. I hurried up and checked out early. The only response from the front desk agent was OH I will let the manager know. She didn't seemed surprised at all.

Room Tip: Don't stay there dangerous and filthy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Barbara O
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The beds in my room were so comfortable I had to stay two nights to avoid booking a hotel with less than decent beds. The price was low and easily affordable and as expected the hotel was dated, peeling wallpaper, tile in bathroom in need of repair but I knew for the price I paid I can't expect all the amenities. I got much more than expected in the quiet I received at night. The comfort of the beds was excellent and the cleanliness of the room was unmatched to even some hotels I pay twice the price at. I will definitely stay again. You can't expect a palace for the price of a shack so do keep that in mind. I look for a place to rest my head after a long day and this works perfectly and comfortably!

• Stayed: March 2014