“Great Staff”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Saint Augustine
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I enjoyed my three nights at the Tangerine. As others have said, yes, it is a motel with the rooms updated. I stayed in a room upstairs overlooking the courtyard. It was very hot while I was there and all the air conditioners were blowing out hot air onto the walkways outside the doors. Nothing to be done for that with all the individual AC units. Usually the LA basin is cooler, but I couldn't find anything over the hills I could afford. The front desk people were very friendly and helped me get around the immediate area. I had a small problem with something plugged in not working and they immediately sent someone up to take care of it, which they did successfully. I had not planned on eating any pastries for breakfast while I was there, but I ended up doing just that, and they were quite good. I liked the modern decor of the room just fine and was quite comfortable. I enjoyed the Bulgari soap which had a very nice scent. The part of LA that is Burbank is a good location for most visitors. My business was in Sherman Oaks and I had no problem getting there and back, and for fun I drove out to Santa Monica, came back via Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, which took me awhile but it was late afternoon, and nobody can deny that LA traffic is pretty much the worst thing about the area. I definitely would stay there again. Oh, and the parking in the back is really RIGHT in the back and you don't have to walk around again to Riverside Drive; there's an opening from the back parking area which leads directly to the inside of the "U" of the hotel.

Room Tip: There are some rooms at the corners of the "U" which wouldn't get much light from outs...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

The room was nice and looks new. We got really good shower products in the badroom. Hygiene was good. The staff was friendly. In the morning we could take al kind of coffee and tea and there was pattisery from a very good bakery for all the guests.

Price-quality was very good.

I really should go back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The best thing going for the Tangerine is its location. It is a stone's throw from major studios, and within walking distance to many fine restaurants. It is an anomaly, this 1950's style drive-in motel sitting amongst modern office buildings like a remnant of another time. Thankfully, the hotel has been renovated in a very modern style. The rooms have concrete floors, which may feel cold to some. I found the room very basic, but immaculately clean. Although I requested a 2nd story room, I was given a room on the first floor, which was very dark. However, it was pretty quiet, even though it was situated under a stairway. The pool is tiny, but clean. I enjoyed the included coffee and pastries each morning.

One small problem: my key card wouldn't work on the door to my room more than once. It was a bit of a pain to have to request help from the front desk each time I wanted to get into my room, but the staff was very friendly (and the front desk was only steps away from my room).

There is parking in back of the hotel (complimentary), but it often fills up. Beware the restrictions when parking on the local streets. While parking is plentiful, there is a time limit on most streets. Pay attention, so your trip won't be ruined with a citation!

I recommend the Tangerine for a short stay in the Burbank area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights when visiting LA. The hotel looked modern (recently renovated I guess), the staff was amazing (very friendly, helpful) and the location was great (near some restaurants, modern neighbourhood and 15 min drive from Hollywood). I would stay here again, no doubt!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The bedrooms were clean and comfortable, the staff helpful and friendly and an almost hot, lightly sated, crystal clear pool. The hotel is modern and 'sharp'. It is easy to find and there is plenty of parking. Enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mumshoovering
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Excellent choice in Burbank area. Great location, near the major studios (including Universal Studios). There is no luxury in the room, but everything is new, clean, nice modern decoration, silent, safe. Great bed! Free parking, free WiFi. There is a small but inviting pool. For breakfast, there are delicious pastries served on the reception, as well as hot beverages, to go. Staff was extremely friendly and professional. Would definetely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip to Burbank. The room was clean and quiet and the staff was amazing, they were very friendly and accommodating. I will be staying here the next time I come to town.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms appeared to be most quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dina M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Central L.A
Sheraton Universal Hotel
Sheraton Universal Hotel
#108 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to The Tangerine? Share your experiences!