“Perfect for our needs”
Review of The Tangerine

The Tangerine
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The Tangerine has personality and is a well done remodel and upgrade from a basic motel. The room was clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and the people at the desk were helpful and knowledgeable.

The location is perfect if you're doing something in Burbank or Hollywood and minutes from the Burbank airport. It's near major highways but far enough away to be quiet and uncluttered and there's a great local coffee shop nearby. The lobby's morning pastries are also local and outstanding. Nothing mass produced here. There's no restaurant or room service but you don't need that with so many places to eat nearby.

We'll return to Burbank for more fun and will certainly stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lrb333

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Spent 4 nights in a double queen room, my husband and I sharing the room with our son and daughter-in-law. The beds were comfortable, and clearly an effort was made to make the room pleasing. The wall murals are quirky. We did find the room small for 4 adults with little room for storage of luggage and such. The hotel provides sweets and coffee for breakfast, and though I didn't try the sweet rolls, I understand they come from a good bakery in the area. Staff were helpful and accommodating. All in all, I feel the room was pleasant enough for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've stayed at the Tangerine Hotel in Burbank four times now, over a couple of years, and this is my second review. It's one of those lovely little places you just want to keep coming back to. The hotel itself is not particularly sprawling or luxurious, but it's the best deal you'll find in Burbank.

For the very affordable and reasonable rate, you get a very nice room - decent sized, very clean, and with a good bathroom. In terms of amenities, there's a good choice of HD channels, free Wi-Fi and even a fridge where you can keep your own stuff. The hotel also has a pool that you can use if the season calls for it.

If you're going to Warner Bros for a tour or a taping, you only have a short walk (granted, depending on which gate you're going to, the walk could be longer). Universal Studios is only a short drive away, and you're also close to NBC if you want to check out the Tonight Show. There's also some good dining options in the area, such as a lovely Mexican restaurant next door, and the legendary Bob's Big Boy less than half a mile away.

If you're going to other parts of L.A., the Universal metro station on the red line is close by. Burbank's own airport is not that far away, either.

Aside from these points, it's hard to pinpoint what makes this hotel so good. Just try it if you're going to Burbank and you won't regret it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Rasmus H
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We had tickets to a taping of Big Bang Theory and we needed a hotel. As usual, I relied on Trip Advisor for advice. I called the Tangerine and they were very helpful with the reservation. We arrived around noon and our room was ready. The room was basic, but it had everything we needed. We parked the car at the hotel and walked to the studio. Amazingly convenient. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. Thank you Trip Advisor!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crestwicke
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband and I were heading to LA for the weekend and needed a place to stay in Burbank for one night. The Tangerine Hotel pulled up on Hotels.com with a great rate and the location we needed - very close to Bob Hope Airport, so we decided to give it a shot. Only one night, even if it's terrible, right?

It was not terrible! I was slightly skeptical because it was an old motel, but the rooms had been converted beautifully and the pool looked very inviting (although because we got in so late at night, we did not get a chance to try it out). The place was very comfortable and the lady working the night shift called us by name as we showed up and was extremely friendly and welcoming.

The best part about it was the included cappuccino and locally-made pastry in the morning. Delicious!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed 22 January 2014

On 2/21/14, sitting in my room at this hotel. First time here. I know LA and the San Fernando Valley and have stayed at every nice hotel at one time or another, in all price ranges. Tangerine is a real find.

The reservation: I called the property. They met my best internet price and helped me by promising a ground floor room, because I cannot do stairs.

The room (121): New looking carpet, beautiful decor, comfy bed with grat mattress, fluffy comforter 3 pillows on our king bed, and a bedside reading light for each side. Plenty of general room lighting on a dimmer switch, which you never see (except in some $300 per nite hotels). The room is small, and yet it includes everything without a feeling of being crowded. wall AC/heat which you can set to FAN only if you like to sleep with "white noise."

Dressing area: Tall closet with an iron, ironing board, plenty of hangers, and a free safe for your valuables. Chest of drawers with plenty of room if you plan a stay of several days to a week. Free safe in the closet for your valuables. Mini fridge. Coffeemaker. Lavazza coffee paks. Magnifying makeup mirror. All that and huge counter space for your stuff!

Bathroom: tiny, tiny. and yet, generous counter space. Grohe fixtures are an upscale-looking touch. Unlike many hotels, here you have a tub & shower combo. Tub is DEEP if you like a good soak! Amazing. Shower head is very high, so that tall people will fit just fine! Toiletries are Bulgari and top quality.

Lobby: tiny, with The world famous hot beverage machine that makes anything you want in an instant. The most professional, friendliest and most helpful staff.

Pool: very, very nice looking, tho pretty much IN the parking area.

Property: No elevator, two stories. A few parking spaces by the rooms, more in lot just behind the building. It is on Riverside Dr, which is a busy street, but not as busy as most in this area. Insulation and dual glazed windows mean very little road noise.

Area: restaurants everywhere, coffee cafe across the street. Don Cucos next door for Mexican food. This area is very safe, perfect for walking. Nearby studios. Location could not be better. If there is no traffic, you can get to Hollywood & Vine in 15 minutes (let your GPS do the route).

Obviously, I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I decided to stay at the Tangerine vs. other hotels in Burbank based on Trip Advisor ratings. When we first pulled into the parking lot I was a little surprised how at the small size of the hotel. I was also surprised that the doors to each room were on the outside of the building like the old motels. This is most likely a remodeled old motel from years gone by.

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised after my initial feelings of hesitancy. Although the room and bathroom were both pretty small, the furnishings were very nice. Both rooms were also very very clean. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jennlarra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Central L.A
Sheraton Universal Hotel
Sheraton Universal Hotel
#140 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to The Tangerine? Share your experiences!