“Good for one night”
Review of The Tangerine

The Tangerine
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great location. Free parking and wifi. Small cramped room with 2 queen beds. Very clean, comfortable beds. Free pastries in the morning, plenty of nice restaurants within walking distance. Helpful staff and easy check in. .

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Guy at reception was very helpful in getting our room ready quickly so we could check in earlier than stated.
Our top (2nd) floor room had everything we needed including a fridge. There is a swimming pool on the ground floor and parking at the front and rear.
Breakfast was a grab and go pastry or muffin. Tea/coffee machine available 24/7 in reception.
Location great, which was why we chose it. Lots of places to eat, mexican right next door very nice as was the pizza place over the road.
Few minutes walk to Warner Brothers, 15 minute drive to Hollywood Sign and Universal Studios (both great tours).
Burbank is a very nice area to stroll around. Vons supermarket a few minutes walk away
Very nice place to stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy123Northampton
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A very nice looking and comfortable hotel. Rooms have a modern decoration, are very big and comfortable. Vert easy to get to LA and then come back and relax in the super swimming pool and have diner at one of the many restaurants nearby. There's a parking too. The staff are extra nice. I had signaled ahead that being diabetic I couldn't heat the patries provided at desert and could I have some fruit. They very kindly had stocked the fridge in the room with fruits and desert. An attention which no hotel has ever done. Price is very good and it's a hotel where one feels very safe.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LucieRanson
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My son and I rode our Harley's to Southern California. My son insisted that we stay at the Tangerine Hotel. He has stayed there on three separate occasions. I was somewhat hesitant at first but took his advise. I will never doubt him again about picking a hotel!!!

The Tangerine Hotel is a diamond in the rough!!!From the time of arrival (stayed three nights) to time of departure, we were treated like gold!! The staff is exceptional!! From ALL the desk clerks to the outstanding housekeeping staff who even provided me with old towels to wipe off our Motorcycles. The rooms were spotless!! The pool was super clean and very enjoyable!! We met people from Israel, France and London who were also staying at the hotel. Great homey feeling and always feel welcome.
The TANGERINE HOTEL staff go out of their way to make sure EVERYTHING is spot on!!!
This place is FANTASTIC and I will stay here every time I decide on a Southern California trip. Will always recommend this place to friends and family.

BEST SMALL PLACE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!!
Don't bother staying anywhere else!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #125. Spotless and parked our motorcycles at the front door!! Awesome!
1  Thank AdamReno
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Based on the reviews and the prices, I was expecting to be wowed by this hotel. I paid $135 in advance and then watched the rates climb to $199 before they sold out for that night. I didn't think the hotel was worth $135 per night, much less $199.

I thought the concept was a 1950's roadside motel refurbished so that the rooms have a W Hotel-like quality. But despite the revamp, the rooms still feel like a roadside motel, with low ceilings and the dankness you get in rooms that open directly to the outside.The bedding is nice, but the materials in the rest of the room (the countertop, bathroom floor, etc.) seem made of cheap and flimsy materials. The bathroom is so tiny you can barely turn around in it; even the toilet is small and junky.

I will say that staff are extremely pleasant and accommodating, and the free Porto's pastries and hot drinks in the morning are a nice amenity (although the pastries are nothing exotic, just fruit danishes, croissants, etc.). Next time I would spend more and stay at a more upscale hotel.

Room Tip: There are two floors, and I asked for a second-floor room to avoid having noise from above. Be advis...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank shell202020
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were looking for a hotel for our final night in the US after a 5 week epic road trip. Everything near LAX Airport sounded horrid and as we had booked a studio tour at Warner we stumbled across this gem of a hotel. It's fantastic and as far as LA prices go, it's excellent value for money. Very clean, great decor and free fancy coffee in the lobby. There's also a choice of Danish pastries and croissants in the morning.Kamal, the manager, was very courteous and recommended a few places to dine out. Burbank is "old money" which means the neighbourhood is safe (which can't be said for some other places in LA). And it's just a 5 min. walk away from the Warner studios! Which means you don't have to fork out 7 bucks for Warner's parking lot. Would stay there again and can honestly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kris1105
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband & I were very pleased with The Tangerine. I was a little dubious about "boutique" hotels, but we were pleasantly surprised. The bed was huge (yay!!!), and the place was quiet (for the one night we were there).. The help at the front desk was efficient and helpful. The breakfast was a nice selection of various pastries and various coffees (nice coffee machine). I should have looked closer, did not realize there was no elevator but we managed without. The parking is incredibly tight, but I guess that's the norm now. The front parking lot only accommodates 4 cars, but there is parking behind the building. Their website really photoshopped (or photographed with a fish eye lens) the hell out of the pool (it's really tiny), but I guess that it the norm for hotel websites and their pools now too,. Didn't use the pool (I'm a former pool inspector, so I don't go in them) but it looked OK and people were really enjoying it. We went for a neighborhood walk and discovered a local Trader Joe's, so that was good. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: My sister had room 230 & it was tucked away down a short hallway, but next to the mechanical roo...
2  Thank losita
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Central L.A
Sheraton Universal Hotel
Sheraton Universal Hotel
#140 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to The Tangerine? Share your experiences!