“Had a beautiful lunch”
Review of CiaoCristina!

CiaoCristina!
Reserve with OpenTable
CiaoCristina! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 434 Restaurants in Burbank
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An Italian / European atmosphere Bar and Restaurant in the heart of the Burbank Media District. We feature Authentic Northern Italian cuisine including many Vegan and Gluten-Free specialties.We have a full bar with a large selection of fairly priced wines and an extensive selection of Craft Beer with 22 styles on tap. Located on the corner of Toluca Lake Ave and West Olive Ave. directly across from Warner Brothers Studios Gate 2 and The Ellen Show Studio. Free parking on the street as well as the 2 lots behind the restaurant.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I took a friend to a late lunch on Friday 11-15-13. The place was packed, but the friendly staff set up a table in the hallway close to the kitchen.. Not perfect Italy landscape, but was ''noisy fun''.

The food was outstanding. I had the Frutti di Mare, with Mussels, Cali, Shrimp, Scallops on Fetticcine.. It was one of the best meals of this type I have eaten in a long time. If you like to eat good Italian, this is the place.

Wish they had patio seat

1  Thank Jim G
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Caro Jim,

Wow! Mille Grazie! How nice of you to stop by and then write such a nice review.

Sorry you had to sit at "the family table" but I hope they didn't make you do your dishes........LOL

I was born in Italy so I try to stay as authentic as possible using the local ingredients, which can have a slightly different taste.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was out in LA for some business and one of my customer's suggested that I try this place out. He told me that the service isn't great but the food is worth it.
Well, he was 50% right.
First of all the food was amazing. I ended up visiting twice one day having a Stromboli and the other visit was the eggplant parm. Both were amazing.
The service, was also great. Both waiters I had were very nice guys and exceeded my expectations.
The beer selection is also great.
Check this place out for sure.

1  Thank Jeremy M
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Caro Jeremy.

Mille Grazie! How nice of you to visit us and then write such a nice review.

Next time you speak with your friend please tell him that we did in fact have some service problems, but I hope they have been resolved. If he has any more problems please have him contact me directly at admin@ciaocristina.com

Hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

As part of our five year anniversary trip, my wife and I had tickets to see Conan and needed a good lunch place (that catered to food allergies) while we killed time. What we found in CiaoCristina! was possibly the biggest surprise of our trip - a fantastic Italian restaurant literally across the street from Warner Brothers Studios that gave us a lot more than we expected.

Admittedly, it's easy to miss CiaoCristina!. It took several passes before finally finding the restaurant. Once we were inside, however, we were taken in by its unassuming charm and friendly, prompt service. My wife's gluten and dairy allergies, normally a sticking point in less expensive Italian restaurants, was not at all an issue at CiaoCristina!. They offered gluten and dairy free pizza and pasta. She got the gluten free pasta in a tomato/pesto sauce and declared it to be the BEST gluten free pasta dish she has ever had. I myself quite enjoyed my whole wheat 10" pizza. Topping the experience off was the friendly and fantastic service provided by Bobby, our waiter. He took great care of us, gave us tips for surviving the traffic (that came in handy later) and made sure we were on our way in plenty of time to make it back for the taping.

How much did we enjoy our trip to CiaoCristina!? A few days later, we made a separate trip back with my parents (along for the trip) so that we could share our wonderful find with them. The food was universally agreed to be wonderful (my gnocchi bolognese was particularly excellent). There was a small hiccup in service that was immediately and forcefully rectified by the very adept waitstaff. We even took some tasty gelato back to our room with us to cap off a very satisfying meal. Everyone left impressed, happy, and (most importantly) well fed.

Thank you to CiaoCristina! for absolutely wowing us, making a very special trip just that much more special.

1  Thank Andrew H
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Caro Andrew,

WOW! what a nice review that you wrote. We are so pleased that you had such a nice time at our restaurant. We actually have many of the Conan crew as regulars so you may have been sitting next to a writer!!

I myself am Gluten-Intolerant so I know what its like when traveling.

Bobby has just been promoted and he does a fantastic job in welcoming and caring for our guests and I will definitely pass this review on to him. Hope to see you again soon.

Mille Grazie!

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Great service and great food. Will definitely go back! So many items to choose from on the menu. And a pretty good wine list although I don't understand why they don't have wines from Santa Cristina.

1  Thank Cuub55

Caro Chuuub,

How nice of you to visit us and then write such a nice review. I will pass this on to our staff who work very hard to bring the Italian Experiece to Burbank.

As to the Santa Cristina.....we have it but ran out and when my dear husband went to the warehouse to get the wine he forgot it!! It is back and we are also adding a Santa Cristina Vin Santo on our next list.

Mille Grazie,
(Santa) Cristina

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just wonderful Italian food in a small pizza like parlor. The burrata insalta was so good! I highly recommend this little place

1  Thank jillc947
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Cara Jill,

Thank you for visiting us and for writing such a nice review.

I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Toluca Lake/Burbank/LA