“what a deal”
Review of CiaoCristina!

CiaoCristina!
Reserve with OpenTable
CiaoCristina! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 434 Restaurants in Burbank
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An Italian / European atmosphere Bar and Restaurant in the heart of the Burbank Media District. We feature Authentic Northern Italian cuisine including many Vegan and Gluten-Free specialties.We have a full bar with a large selection of fairly priced wines and an extensive selection of Craft Beer with 22 styles on tap. Located on the corner of Toluca Lake Ave and West Olive Ave. directly across from Warner Brothers Studios Gate 2 and The Ellen Show Studio. Free parking on the street as well as the 2 lots behind the restaurant.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My son and I had a delicious meal here just tonight The waitress/bartender was great and recommended this great fried mozzarella appetizer that was tasty. We enjoyed our margharita pizza and the carbonara pasta. Maybe not as Italian as what We ate in Italy....but fresh and delicious. Will go again for sure. The pistachio gelato....perfect.

1  Thank Cindy Z
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Cara Cindy,

Mille Grazie! How nice of you to write such a nice review after visiting us. I am so happy that you loved the gelato.........I have to walk away from it or will eat it all!

Hope to see you again when you are in Burbank.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We happened to be in Burbank, and hungry. This tiny restaurant with the big heart was a fantastic find!

Not too crowded in the late afternoon (17:00) we settled for a cozy table near the bar. The staff were attentive and friendly, and the food was fantastic!

I opted for the Salmone selvaggio alla Griglia (Wild Salmon, Braised Fennel, Sautéed Spinach, Fresh Tomato Herb Medley) and it did not disappoint!

My girlfriend chose the Polpette della Casa Southern Italian Beef Meatballs, Pomarola and Spaghetti (not sure if this was on the menu, but they certainly delivered what she asked for!)

Everything was Bellissimo!

We don't leave nearby... If we did you'd find us there often. Looking forward to the next time!

Caro Pietro,

Mille Grazie!! How nice of you to take the time to visit us and then write such a nice review.
Though I was born in Venezia, Italy I grew up in the Bay Area and will be up this weekend
We hope to see you soon.on your next visit. A presto!
Cristina

PS So sorry for the late reply the notice got lost in the ton of emails we get and it got lost..mi dispiace

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our party of 3 was bowled away with Ciao Cristina! One of us wanted "Northern Italian", one wanted "Southern Italian" and all I wanted was a pizza. We all left with smiles and patting our bellies.

This place has a great vibe. It's a neighborhood joint in the dearest sense of the word. Everything is home-made and delicious. Standout dishes: The special pizza (with red sauce), Pene a la Vodka and a salad with fried mozzarella wrapped in Prosciutto.

Great wine list and not expensive.

1  Thank Roger S
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Cara Roberto,

Mille Grazie!!! What a nice review. My husband used to live in Miami. He misses the sailing and the palmetto bugs.

Hope to see you again next time you are in town and thanks for noticing the pricing on the wine. We HATE when a place marks up a wine so much.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Ate here after The Ellen Show. Good soft breadsticks with olive oil & balsamic. Wine list very reasonable. Had bottle of Sangiovese for $19.00 and it was tasty!
3 out of 5 dinners were excellent! 2 ordered lasagna bolognaise which was super as was eggplant Parmigiano.
Chicken with Marsala & mushrooms came cold & when reheated got rubbery.
Penne with garlic , olive oil & red pepper- bland.
Servers were super , but kitchen was very slow. Came out to apologize. Gave my sister a comp dessert (choc cake )for bday , very rich & yummy.
Would go back- be careful what you order- look at past reviews. r

2  Thank Kerryloves2travel
Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Cara Kerry,

Mille Grazie! for chooseing us during your Ellen visit.

As you can see we can become very busy prior to the taping, however there was NO excuse for your cold chicken Marsala! As to the pasta the server should have asked you on the degree of spiciness you desired.

If you would be so kind and send me the date, time and description of your server I would like to investigate this further. You can contact me directly at admin@ciaocristina.com

Hope you had fun at Ellen and thank you for the time you took to write this review. I cannot not be there always and the feedback is invaluable.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We waited 40 minutes for a pizza, with a disabled person. They had lied on our status request and not even started cooking it. The manager was rude and yelled when I complained. Terrible service and management. We had to leave without eating.

Allan O, Owner at CiaoCristina!, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

We were hoping that you would respond to Cristina's Yelp message. I can see you were really angry.

We did mess up and it was mostly our fault. The kitchen made you a Quatro Formaggio by mistake. When you complained he did not handle it well. When he passed you to the bartender, who is the shift lead, not only did the bartender did not know what your issue was. The bartender, at the time, was dealing with a suprise inspection by the LA Health Department and was to say the least overwhelmed, as we were so busy. When the Inspector arrives we must accompany them during the inspection. Though we have a consistanly high score, anything can happen.

Often one inspector will focus on one issue, another will focus on something else. On the day you were there she "found something" that had been inspecteed and approved by other inspectors on over 15 inspections in addition to the major inspection before we could get our certificate. She was threatening to close down the bar. The problem was the direction of a beer drain.

As Cristina, who was also born in Italy, said we are not perfect and I do apologize for your experience. If you will contact me directly at allan@ciaocristina.com I will try to make it up to you.

Allan

Been to CiaoCristina!? Share your experiences!