All reviewsuniversal studiosopen atriumsafari innhuge showerhotel barolive bistrosister hotelshuttle driveracross the streetrecommend this hotelroom was clean and comfortablea great place to stayfree parkingthe entire staffpleasant stayeasy accesswould stay again
Reviewed 31 July 2007

Upon check in - I walked into a nice airy lobby - front desk staff was very friendly.
Requested a non-smoking room, as they were at capacity I did not get it but did end up in an upgraded suite with a nice wetbar area, I complained of the strong smoke smell and they desmoked the room, what a difference!
My only complaint is that the mattress was old and thin, linens and down comforter were so inviting, pillows and mattress were not what I expected, so kind of like a gift wrapped turd.

The room is well worth what they charge ( I think I heard them quote around $120 a night), having booked their last room through expedia my room averaged about $200 a night so I think my expectations may have been a bit high.
Even with the lack of sleep I have to say I would consider it again due to the great staff (Dennis in the bar area of Olives is AWESOME) as well as the cute boutique decor and ambiance.

Olive ave is a little noisy however that dies down at night. Love that the windows opened.

Was a little shocked at the charge for internet/pc as it stated on Expedia that it was "free".

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
7  Thank bizzarefall
Reviewed 21 May 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, from May 15-19. We loved every minute of our stay. I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff, they were very friendly and very helpful. They made our stay extra enjoyable. The room was very spacious with very comfortable beds. We also had a mini fridge in the room, which was nice. We ate breakfast at the restaurant located in the hotel every morning except once. The food was great, and the prices were great.
Located a short drive away from WB Studios & NBC Studios. About a 25 minute drive from Universal Studios.
Would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: May 2007
5  Thank MBLove2Travel
Reviewed 20 February 2007

I was a little bit reluctant when a business partner suggested that I say at this hotel, but it turned out to be a very pleasurable experience.

The hotel is on West Olive, centrally located to most of the major studios, as well as being in close proximity to many fine dining choices. I chose a Jr. Suite, which was equipped with a sofa, coffee table, 2 chairs, and a wet bar. The room was very spacious, and clean. The only problems I encountered was road noise, seeing that my window faced W. Olive, and being on the first floor, I heard the person in the room above me pacing the creaky wooden floor all night.

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful. I would defiantly stay at the Annabelle Inn the next time I travel to Burbank.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank TellyMonster
Reviewed 31 December 2006

This hotel was excellent in every way with large, clean, comfortable rooms. The staff were really helpful and friendly. The food in the hotel restaurant (Olive's Bistro) was excellent. There was a bus stop just outside to take you to the attractions or metro. There was a McDonald's and 7 eleven just down the road. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We could not fault it in any way. If we ever go back to Burbank we will definetly stay there.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank rosieposey
Reviewed 23 July 2006

I originally booked a 3 night stay at the Safari Inn, the sister property to the Coast Anabelle Hotel. When we arrived at the Safari, we were advised that they had overbooked and we needed to check in across the street at the Anabelle. I was more than pleased to do so, as the Safari has the appearance of a motel rather than a hotel. It was not at all what I was expecting, but that is another review.

The lobby of the Anabelle is large and inviting. There is a restaurant located just off the lobby called Olive's. We ate there once and the food was reasonably priced and good. The hotel has just one elevator and it is slow. Our mini suite was on the third floor and it took about two minutes to make the trip up, inclusive of the wait for the elevator car.

Our mini suite was beautiful. It was a large room, with a king sized bed, full sized sofa, chair, TV, wet bar- minifridge area, and a nicely appointed bathroom. The bed was dressed in a wonderful down comforter, triple-sheeted, with huge, soft pillows. There was a nice upholstered bench at the foot of the bed as well. Each night, staff knocked on the door to see if there was anything we needed.

The only problem was the air conditioning. We arrived during a heatwave. We turned the thermostat to the highest fan setting, and placed it on cool. The result was warm air trickling out of the vents. We called the desk and we were told it would be repaired by the time we returned from our day trip. When we returned, only a slight cooling was noticed, so I approached maintenance and was told it would be reported. I then called the desk and was told nothing could be done as they have a central air conditioning system, and they were up to capacity, therefore, cooling could not be increased. Luckily, the windows opened and we were able to get some relief; however, we faced the street and heard traffic all night.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple