All reviewsuniversal studiosopen atriumsafari innhuge showerhotel barolive bistrosister hotelshuttle driveracross the streetrecommend this hotelroom was clean and comfortablea great place to stayfree parkingthe entire staffpleasant stayeasy accesswould stay again
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I was very pleased with this hotel. It was warm and welcoming, The rooms are beautiful with a view of the mountains ( our room, unsure of other rooms).There are only 55 rooms, this makes it extra nice.
It is centrally located near Universal, many TV stations including CBS, NBC, Disney, Nickelodeon and more. it is also close to Universal and a shopping mall, the shopping mall is just 2 minutes down the road.and Universal 15 minutes.
The staff are very helpful and pleasant.
The only thing I did not agree with is that you are able to use their "sister" hotels fitness room, vending area, and pool area. But do not think about going there to eat their complementary breakfast. All the money you spend at this hotel and you are expected to jump in your car or walk and buy something from the places near them. This was insulting and when I tried to get the manager it continued to be busy. Other than the one thing in which I think should be changed, everything else was wonderful. I plan to stay here again. Hopefully they will re-think making us have to drive and waste money and gas just to get some coffee when just two feet away there is a complementary breakfast

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2008

I am a corporate Travel Manager so I am writing this for all of our travelers. We have a Corporate contract with the Anabelle and their sister property the Safari Inn therefore every traveler in the area stays there.

I have had no less that 20 different people stay there and they all insist on going back the next time, as do I. The staff is professional, the food is great, the location is fabulous and the rooms are comfortable enough for a weary road warrior or a family.

I was recently there for a week and while the bar did get a bit noisy it only lasts through the evening hours so when I was ready to go to bed, all was quiet. It is built much like a Courtyard/Embassy Suites... open atrium = wide open spaces.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Mershawn
Reviewed 8 January 2008

My husband and I arranged for our wedding guests to stay in either the Annabelle (or the Safari Inn) since we were getting married in the area. The majority of our guests stayed at the Annabelle. The Group Rates manager, Ani, was very helpful and friendly. The reservations were handled smoothly and they honored the price they quoted me for everyone until the day before. My husband and I stayed in a suite for our wedding night and could not believe how spacious, clean and beautiful the room was. We had a kitchen with a full refrigerator and stove...excellent! The staff was amazing...they were accommodating and provided us with a welcome gift and complimentary champagne.
We felt so comfortable socializing with our guests in the lobby and in the lounge/bar area. We also had breakfast at the Olive Bistro and loved their Cinnamon Roll French Toast.
We will definitely return for our anniversary...;)

• Stayed: January 2008
4  Thank Psyclaud
Reviewed 31 July 2007

Upon check in - I walked into a nice airy lobby - front desk staff was very friendly.
Requested a non-smoking room, as they were at capacity I did not get it but did end up in an upgraded suite with a nice wetbar area, I complained of the strong smoke smell and they desmoked the room, what a difference!
My only complaint is that the mattress was old and thin, linens and down comforter were so inviting, pillows and mattress were not what I expected, so kind of like a gift wrapped turd.

The room is well worth what they charge ( I think I heard them quote around $120 a night), having booked their last room through expedia my room averaged about $200 a night so I think my expectations may have been a bit high.
Even with the lack of sleep I have to say I would consider it again due to the great staff (Dennis in the bar area of Olives is AWESOME) as well as the cute boutique decor and ambiance.

Olive ave is a little noisy however that dies down at night. Love that the windows opened.

Was a little shocked at the charge for internet/pc as it stated on Expedia that it was "free".

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
7  Thank bizzarefall
Reviewed 21 May 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, from May 15-19. We loved every minute of our stay. I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff, they were very friendly and very helpful. They made our stay extra enjoyable. The room was very spacious with very comfortable beds. We also had a mini fridge in the room, which was nice. We ate breakfast at the restaurant located in the hotel every morning except once. The food was great, and the prices were great.
Located a short drive away from WB Studios & NBC Studios. About a 25 minute drive from Universal Studios.
Would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: May 2007