All reviews universal studios open atrium safari inn huge shower olive bistro sister hotel shuttle driver across the street recommend this hotel free shuttle room was clean and comfortable a great place to stay easy access the entire staff pleasant stay warner bros would stay again
Reviewed 13 May 2006

We were in the Burbank area for the Ellen show. We did not rent a car, had no idea what to do in the area and the front desk help assisted us in every way imaginable. They called a taxi for us when we needed one, they recommended things to do in the area, they called to make sure the Star Tour bus was not forgetting us. They were kind and considerate and always available. The restaurant in the hotel was also delicious. I could not have asked for a more perfect visit. It was wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank Scenic8275
Reviewed 25 April 2006

This hotel was very nice looking, but in a horrible location - not really close to anything worth seeing. The staff were very nice, but disorganized and could not seem to get the details of our meeting correct.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank TrailBlazer23947
Reviewed 22 April 2006

My family and I stayed here during spring break to be close to Universal Studios. The location was very convenient to Universal and the drive to Hollywood Boulevard and a few other attractions we wanted to see were very easy.

The Anabelle Hotel is very very nice as far as the accomodations are concerned. No complaints about the room, beds or bathroom. We were very comfortable and the complimentary robes were a very nice touch. Our pillows were very nice and fluffy.

We moved our reservation up a day because of a change in plans and while they didn't have any non-smoking rooms available, we were given a smoking room for the night. They transferred our belongings to the new room while we were at Universal Studios which was very nice. The smoking room was located on the side of the main road and you can definitely hear the outside traffic. Also, with the open atrium the locals and guests that frequented the bar area could be hear while we were in our room with the tv on. We were so tired after a days worth of activity that we were able to sleep through the noise from the bar area even after we turned off the tv. The non-smoking room was located next to a parking lot of another establishment. With the thin windows of the hotel we were awoken the next by the early trash truck.

All of the staff we encountered were very courteous. The front desk even offered to print our boarding tickets since the hotel doesn't have a computer set up for guests.

While the area was very convenient, I would be a little hesitant to stay here again because of the noise.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank amjohn
Reviewed 17 March 2006

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights with my mother. I usually hate sleeping in any bed that is not my own but this one was great - extremely clean, terrific mattress, large pillows. I was pleasantly surprised. Bathroom was no frills but very clean and adequate. The room did not have that "hotel smell" which usually lingers on your clothes and your suitcase. The lobby was nice, staff was very accommodating and there was a free airport shuttle (Burbank Airport). Also, McDonald's, Von's, Seven Eleven were all within walking distance. Also a bus that runs near the hotel.

Again, this was a very very positive experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If I return to the Burbank area I would definitely stay there again -there would be no need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank Karen A
Reviewed 3 February 2006

The hotel looks nice, both on the outside and the inside. The rooms look nice, too, and are clean and nicely decorated. The staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant was nice, the food was good.

But there were some unfortunate details which made the stay at the hotel less than pleasant. All the rooms are located around an open atrium - basically all rooms face each other! Any noise in the corridors or even in the reception area (which includes a bar area) can be heard throughout the hotel. It all looked quite pleasant, but whoever designed this clearly didn't have quietness and sleep in mind.

The bathroom also had design flaws. At least in ours the toilet paper holder was attached to the front of the sink. There was also not nearly enough counter space. The bathroom wasn't actually too small, it just seemed badly designed.

The beds were ok, but the pillows were small and hard, very uncomfortable. (Is this a new trend in hotel bedding? I have found more and more hotels to have small, uncomfortable pillows recently.)

We also had problems with the phone and non-working lamps which never got fixed.

• Stayed: July 2004