All reviewsuniversal studiosopen atriumsafari innhuge showerhotel barolive bistrosister hotelshuttle driveracross the streetrecommend this hotelroom was clean and comfortablea great place to stayfree parkingthe entire staffpleasant stayeasy accesswould stay again
Reviewed 23 July 2006

I originally booked a 3 night stay at the Safari Inn, the sister property to the Coast Anabelle Hotel. When we arrived at the Safari, we were advised that they had overbooked and we needed to check in across the street at the Anabelle. I was more than pleased to do so, as the Safari has the appearance of a motel rather than a hotel. It was not at all what I was expecting, but that is another review.

The lobby of the Anabelle is large and inviting. There is a restaurant located just off the lobby called Olive's. We ate there once and the food was reasonably priced and good. The hotel has just one elevator and it is slow. Our mini suite was on the third floor and it took about two minutes to make the trip up, inclusive of the wait for the elevator car.

Our mini suite was beautiful. It was a large room, with a king sized bed, full sized sofa, chair, TV, wet bar- minifridge area, and a nicely appointed bathroom. The bed was dressed in a wonderful down comforter, triple-sheeted, with huge, soft pillows. There was a nice upholstered bench at the foot of the bed as well. Each night, staff knocked on the door to see if there was anything we needed.

The only problem was the air conditioning. We arrived during a heatwave. We turned the thermostat to the highest fan setting, and placed it on cool. The result was warm air trickling out of the vents. We called the desk and we were told it would be repaired by the time we returned from our day trip. When we returned, only a slight cooling was noticed, so I approached maintenance and was told it would be reported. I then called the desk and was told nothing could be done as they have a central air conditioning system, and they were up to capacity, therefore, cooling could not be increased. Luckily, the windows opened and we were able to get some relief; however, we faced the street and heard traffic all night.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank debraacook
Reviewed 13 May 2006

We were in the Burbank area for the Ellen show. We did not rent a car, had no idea what to do in the area and the front desk help assisted us in every way imaginable. They called a taxi for us when we needed one, they recommended things to do in the area, they called to make sure the Star Tour bus was not forgetting us. They were kind and considerate and always available. The restaurant in the hotel was also delicious. I could not have asked for a more perfect visit. It was wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank Scenic8275
Reviewed 25 April 2006

This hotel was very nice looking, but in a horrible location - not really close to anything worth seeing. The staff were very nice, but disorganized and could not seem to get the details of our meeting correct.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank TrailBlazer23947
Reviewed 22 April 2006

My family and I stayed here during spring break to be close to Universal Studios. The location was very convenient to Universal and the drive to Hollywood Boulevard and a few other attractions we wanted to see were very easy.

The Anabelle Hotel is very very nice as far as the accomodations are concerned. No complaints about the room, beds or bathroom. We were very comfortable and the complimentary robes were a very nice touch. Our pillows were very nice and fluffy.

We moved our reservation up a day because of a change in plans and while they didn't have any non-smoking rooms available, we were given a smoking room for the night. They transferred our belongings to the new room while we were at Universal Studios which was very nice. The smoking room was located on the side of the main road and you can definitely hear the outside traffic. Also, with the open atrium the locals and guests that frequented the bar area could be hear while we were in our room with the tv on. We were so tired after a days worth of activity that we were able to sleep through the noise from the bar area even after we turned off the tv. The non-smoking room was located next to a parking lot of another establishment. With the thin windows of the hotel we were awoken the next by the early trash truck.

All of the staff we encountered were very courteous. The front desk even offered to print our boarding tickets since the hotel doesn't have a computer set up for guests.

While the area was very convenient, I would be a little hesitant to stay here again because of the noise.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank amjohn
Reviewed 17 March 2006

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights with my mother. I usually hate sleeping in any bed that is not my own but this one was great - extremely clean, terrific mattress, large pillows. I was pleasantly surprised. Bathroom was no frills but very clean and adequate. The room did not have that "hotel smell" which usually lingers on your clothes and your suitcase. The lobby was nice, staff was very accommodating and there was a free airport shuttle (Burbank Airport). Also, McDonald's, Von's, Seven Eleven were all within walking distance. Also a bus that runs near the hotel.

Again, this was a very very positive experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If I return to the Burbank area I would definitely stay there again -there would be no need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2006