“Where is the General Manager ?”

Coast Anabelle Hotel
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mission Viejo, California
“Where is the General Manager ?”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

My first stay at this hotel was very pleasent good food nice room. Asked to speak to GM as I was checking out however he was not available. Second stay carpet in room so stained I left my shoes on! Good food again, bar staff makes you feel like your at Cheers Very nice local crowd. Upon check out asked to speak to GM ...could not find him or the front desk manager asked for director of houskeeping when they found him he would not come to meet me in the lobby, he asked the staff to put me on the phone to wich I said dont bother and left. I simply wanted to ask why the placewhich was so well kept would leave the carpet so dirty perhaps it just happened?

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Traveler32722

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Bristol, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My friends and I have stayed here 2 yrs. in a row for 8 days each time. After our first stay we were hooked. We love the friendly and efficient staff, the room was more than adequate and could have stayed in the comfortable bed all day. We ate quite a few meals in the Olive Bistro and we were never disappointed. We would recommend this hotel to all our family and friends.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We booked our stay 18 days in advance. We booked 2 queen beds, but were given only a king, for me, my wife, and 7 yr old daughter. At first they told us we only booked a king bed, so I find the confirmation and it states that we booked 2 queen beds. Confronted with this, the story changed to hotels.com only gave them the confirmation that morning (which was also a lie). They also have no roll away bed to give us. Their story was that they don't guarantee 2 beds!!! How can someone book a room there, if they need more than one bed?? Anyway no problem, I'm willing to go to another hotel, But they won't let me out of my reservation!!!

Upset, I go to my room, and figure a shower will help me unwind. The water pressure was pathetic, and the wall paper is peeling off the wall in several areas. Besides being cramped in the crowded bed that night, we had to hear the traffic all night long. The next morning I notice mold/fungus growing out of the potted plant. Even though this hotel is close to the Burbank Airport, there are plenty of other options.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Stover2004
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 August 2010

this hotel has exceptionally horrible service. i reserved and paid for two double beds and was given a king!! ( for two adults, and two more teenagers!!!!!) We asked for cots, but they refused. We asked for more blankets and they STILL refused!!

plus, the vending machines don't work and you are REQUIRED to purchase wireless internet (for $5 a day)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank handrew1
Denver, CO USA
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I really like this hotel. I was originally booked at the Sunset and they were full so they put me at the Coast Anabelle. Then they upgraded me again and put me in a suite. All was great.
However, a hacker managed to get onto my computer while I was staying here so beware and make sure your Virus, Malware, Spyware, etc. is up to date.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Winddancer1
Laguna Beach, CA
Reviewed 1 October 2008

This is a great little property and one of the places I try to stay when I have to spend the night in Burbank on business. It is close to the studios and freeways and is quiet and very well kept. The rooms are very well appointed and it has anice little pool to wash off the Valley heat.

It works well for me for business, but I think this could also be a great hotel base to explore L.A. from.

It also has a terrific little restaurant attached to it called Olive's Bistro.

• Liked — Room decor and hotel location.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Jeremy_S_1973
CT
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I was very pleased with this hotel. It was warm and welcoming, The rooms are beautiful with a view of the mountains ( our room, unsure of other rooms).There are only 55 rooms, this makes it extra nice.
It is centrally located near Universal, many TV stations including CBS, NBC, Disney, Nickelodeon and more. it is also close to Universal and a shopping mall, the shopping mall is just 2 minutes down the road.and Universal 15 minutes.
The staff are very helpful and pleasant.
The only thing I did not agree with is that you are able to use their "sister" hotels fitness room, vending area, and pool area. But do not think about going there to eat their complementary breakfast. All the money you spend at this hotel and you are expected to jump in your car or walk and buy something from the places near them. This was insulting and when I tried to get the manager it continued to be busy. Other than the one thing in which I think should be changed, everything else was wonderful. I plan to stay here again. Hopefully they will re-think making us have to drive and waste money and gas just to get some coffee when just two feet away there is a complementary breakfast

• Liked — being centrally located to everything
  • Disliked — No breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Safari Inn
Holiday Inn Burbank
#12 of 20 in Burbank
The Tangerine
#2 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Coast Anabelle Hotel? Share your experiences!