“Dated decor and indifferent staff”

Coast Anabelle Hotel
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Our stay wasn't terrible but this was the low point of our 3wk trip around CA. This hotel is in desperate need of a makeover and a good clean. Rooms smelled stale and musty. Staff were indifferent and the pool is in fact across the road at a 'sister' hotel - and it was horrible. If it hadn't been 42C we wouldn't have bothered!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank 4kiwistravel

Reviewed 23 August 2010

My first stay at this hotel was very pleasent good food nice room. Asked to speak to GM as I was checking out however he was not available. Second stay carpet in room so stained I left my shoes on! Good food again, bar staff makes you feel like your at Cheers Very nice local crowd. Upon check out asked to speak to GM ...could not find him or the front desk manager asked for director of houskeeping when they found him he would not come to meet me in the lobby, he asked the staff to put me on the phone to wich I said dont bother and left. I simply wanted to ask why the placewhich was so well kept would leave the carpet so dirty perhaps it just happened?

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Traveler32722
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My friends and I have stayed here 2 yrs. in a row for 8 days each time. After our first stay we were hooked. We love the friendly and efficient staff, the room was more than adequate and could have stayed in the comfortable bed all day. We ate quite a few meals in the Olive Bistro and we were never disappointed. We would recommend this hotel to all our family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We booked our stay 18 days in advance. We booked 2 queen beds, but were given only a king, for me, my wife, and 7 yr old daughter. At first they told us we only booked a king bed, so I find the confirmation and it states that we booked 2 queen beds. Confronted with this, the story changed to hotels.com only gave them the confirmation that morning (which was also a lie). They also have no roll away bed to give us. Their story was that they don't guarantee 2 beds!!! How can someone book a room there, if they need more than one bed?? Anyway no problem, I'm willing to go to another hotel, But they won't let me out of my reservation!!!

Upset, I go to my room, and figure a shower will help me unwind. The water pressure was pathetic, and the wall paper is peeling off the wall in several areas. Besides being cramped in the crowded bed that night, we had to hear the traffic all night long. The next morning I notice mold/fungus growing out of the potted plant. Even though this hotel is close to the Burbank Airport, there are plenty of other options.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Stover2004
Reviewed 7 August 2010

this hotel has exceptionally horrible service. i reserved and paid for two double beds and was given a king!! ( for two adults, and two more teenagers!!!!!) We asked for cots, but they refused. We asked for more blankets and they STILL refused!!

plus, the vending machines don't work and you are REQUIRED to purchase wireless internet (for $5 a day)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank handrew1
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I really like this hotel. I was originally booked at the Sunset and they were full so they put me at the Coast Anabelle. Then they upgraded me again and put me in a suite. All was great.
However, a hacker managed to get onto my computer while I was staying here so beware and make sure your Virus, Malware, Spyware, etc. is up to date.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Winddancer1
Reviewed 1 October 2008

This is a great little property and one of the places I try to stay when I have to spend the night in Burbank on business. It is close to the studios and freeways and is quiet and very well kept. The rooms are very well appointed and it has anice little pool to wash off the Valley heat.

It works well for me for business, but I think this could also be a great hotel base to explore L.A. from.

It also has a terrific little restaurant attached to it called Olive's Bistro.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jeremy_S_1973
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Safari Inn
The Tangerine
#2 of 20 in Burbank
Holiday Inn Burbank
#12 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Coast Anabelle Hotel? Share your experiences!