“Great Place Off the Crazy LA Beaten Path”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Stayed here over New Year's for a couple nights and loved it. The hotel is in a small residential area, but is close enough to the major smog and traffic ridden expressways making it easy to experience a laid-back California cool version of road rage getting to Santa Monica, West Hollywood, or wherever else you're going. The hotel itself is clean, has a great bar/lounge area with an intimate feel right off the lobby, as well as friendly staff, and a great little workout room with rooftop oasis for drinks in the evenings or watching sunrise over the surrounding mountains (as we did our first morning there). Do consider parking on the street around the corner - the valet told us if we could find a spot (and we always did) we'd save ourselves $30/night or something. Rooms are clean and well appointed, though the low-flow water in the toilets makes for some interesting moments. Overall, a great hotel option for those who are not looking to stay in the heart of LA action but rather in a convenient but quieter area in Burbank. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 March 2011

We paid $180 plus tax for a small, uncomfortable, and dingy room. $30 for parking. $25 for two cups of coffee and a danish. The doorman offered no luggage assistance coming or going. And to top it off, the hotels.com reservation did not allow early checkout. No wonder, who would want to stay in this place for more than one night? How could hotels.com give this property 4 stars?

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OracleMcSnackers
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

My sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations here at the Hotel Amarano. The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior guest service and satisfaction. We would like the opportunity to be of service to you, sometime in the future on your next visit to the LA area.

With regards to parking, our parking fees are some of the lowest in the LA area. We are in a residential neighborhood, where parking is limited. We have addressed your concerns with our bellstaff and I can assure you, the lack of attention is not customary here at the Hotel Amarano. Again, my apologies.

Reviewed 27 February 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night prior to Warner Studio tour. I'm very easy to please but was disappointed by this hotel for a few reasons.. Valet parking very pricey @$29. There ia a mall across the street and neighborhood parking if you choose.The room was lovely and included a kitchenette so we decided to eat in. Surprise, no cutlery, though the kitchen was well equpped in every other way. They were quick to send cutlery to us when I called the front desk. This is a bit delicate but I found the toilet paper dispenser to be in a very awkward spot, behind the toilet to the left so if you're right-handed you have to practically wrench your back to reach it. The biggest problem for me was the noise.Guest in the next room was talking on his phone and we could hear every word, which wasn't appreciated @ 6:00am. Beds were very comfortable with quality linens . We also had to call front desk to find out the password for internet connection. Turns out the password was on the key card but nobody told us this in advance.
To sum up, it's a nice hotel but in my opinion not a good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dianneon2

I want to thank you for your comments with regards to your stay here at the Hotel Amarano.

With regards to Valet parking, we reside in a residential neighborhood and our parking is limited. Although, you will find that we are one of the least expensive hotels in the LA area for hotel parking. I want to apologize that your room did not have the customary inventory with regards to cutlery. The Front Desk is well aware of the standard operating procedure of making the guest aware of the internet password at check-in. I also would like to apologize for the guest in the adjoining room who did not take into consideration the guest next door.

The Hotel Amarano would welcome the opportunity to be of service to you on your next visit to the LA area.

Reviewed 27 December 2010

This is my third stay and I love this hotel. The beds are comfortable, there was plenty of room to spread out and do work and I liked the addition of the shampoo/soap dispensers in the shower. The valet was quick and courteous, too! Can't wait until I have work needs again in Burbank!

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2010

This hotel is absolutely delightful. Intimate and aesthetically pleasing. Our room had generous countertop space for my husband's computer etc and still ample for all the bits and pieces that I carry with me. So many places don't give you much space to put things down. The staff were very friendly and courteous and the valet service
good. The bed was very comfortable and we both slept well.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Stayed here the week of Thanksgiving 2010 as it was near our daughters apartment. After long day at Disneyland, we returned at 2 am to find our room's sliding glass door open and room at 53 degrees! I complained to night desk and in morning to front desk. So what happens, returned the next night at midnight to find the sliding glass open AGAIN!! This time the room was 57 degrees. We checked out. Both times the staff assured me this area is safe. So I asked why they have locks? Their idea of security for my things was a joke. Mike Rose "manager on duty" did comp me one night but I had two miserable nights! Stay here if you want NO security and NO respect for your comfort.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2010

We stay at the Amarano all the time when attending horse shows and have done so for the past 4-5 years. It's a wonderful hotel, with terrific staff and great rooms. Very clean, very efficiently run, and near everything. Valet parking is $$, so we park around the corner in a very safe neighborhood. Also prefer rooms to the back of the hotel as the front can get noisy on the weekends. Rooms could be more sound proofed and sometimes rowdy wedding party's are there for the weekend. But a great value and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
georgia626, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2010

The Management & Staff of the Hotel Amarano want to thank you for your comments. We look forward to your next visit to Burbank. As always, please let us know if there's anything we can do in advance to make your stay more comfortable.

Tom Whelan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
The Tangerine
#2 of 20 in Burbank
The Garland
#13 of 355 in Los Angeles
Holiday Inn Burbank
#12 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!