“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

When I visit family in Burbank I always feel like I'm coming home both because being with family is like coming home and returning to the Hotel Amarano Burbank is like coming back to my Home Away From Home. I love your hotel because it's very convenient, 2-3 blocks from where my family lives, but more importantly, because it's warm and welcoming, and so very pretty, it's clean, friendly, caring, safe, and loving, just like family.

Two things that are a little annoying (just like families have some annoying habits) are the lack of even a cereal bowl in the kitchen - I ate mine out of the coffee cup - and the faucets in both the bathroom and the kitchen (in the older wing) that splash all over everything. Other than those little annoyances, the accommodations are wonderful and I so look forward to coming "home" again and again.....Thank you.

Gail B.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
southwest ranches, fl
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I went to Burbank for business. I wanted a nice cozy place that was prestigious, yet hip, clean, comfortable, safe & close to where I needed to be... Hotel Amarano was perfect. It more than met my expectations. The staff was friendly, helpful and available. Room Service delivery was fast & friendly, (a bit spicy for my taste but I'm sure others would love the spice). Thank you Hotel Amarano for making me feel welcome and safe...

Room Tip: having the balcony was nice but I'm not sure I would pay extra for it again... depends on my moo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel as we were travelling with our 2 year old and wanted a one bedroom suite with a kitchen. Upon arrival we found the room to be a good size for LA, however the kitchen was very poorly stocked so we had to request more utensils etc but only received plates. This basically meant the kitchen was pointless as we could not cook anything.

The location was ideal if you want a quiet location away from LA although not far outside LA given the traffic it does take a long time to get anyway.

Finally we were disappointed by the lack of front desk and valet staff, on our final day we waited so long for someone to help with our bags my husband made 3 trips himself and still no one came to help.

I would recommend this hotel if you want a large room and quiet location but we would return to the Sofitel where we usually stay in future.

• Stayed September 2012
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Just in town for one night to visit friends, we were skeptical to spend the money we did just for a nice bed. Boy, were we surprised - the stay was worth every penny! There aren't a ton of hotels in the immediate area, so this was what we decided on. While there was no self parking at the hotel itself, we did find a spot just around the corner to avoid the extra cost of the valet.

From the moment we walked through the glass entrance doors, we were extremely happy. Front desk staff was welcoming and attentive, directed us to our room and the pool. As we entered the room, we both said "wow!" Loved the offering of the small kitchen area (with complementary Keurig use) in our King bed room, the great television, nice bathroom and how the lighting and colors of the room really made us feel at home. Speaking of the bed... it was fantastic! The best sleep I got during this entire trip! Had we had more time, we would have spent some of it by the cute pool and in the bar area. The entire lounge was very welcoming with the fireplace and all, a great place to get some food and drinks.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel if you don't mind spending just a little extra for a lot of comfort. They offered a variety of discounts, too... we took advantage of their AAA rate. We will certainly return to Hotel Amarano the next time we are in town!

Room Tip: We were at the end of the hallway on the first floor, far away from the pool. While the hours are fr...
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We have been to Burbank several times, and after a few hit and misses, we found the Amarano. We really like it. The place is really clean, and the room is nice and bright. The bedding used to be amazing. While the bed is comfortable - the pillows - have changed. The first time I stayed there - I actually wrote down the name of the brand - unfortunately those pillows are gone - replaced by odd "lumpy" ones which make for an ok night's sleep but not the one I remember. Amarano - I need the old pillows back (now)! Otherwise, staff was friendly, and the stay was very nice.

China
Reviewed 12 September 2012

First stay was very average. Second stay was better. Third stay was pathetic. I wonder if the General Managers knows just how filthy this hotel is. The service levels are sad. Housekeeping can't seem to understand clean from dirty. And I believe they may want to understand the meaning when a guest requests a quiet room well in advance.
No laundry bags or forms.
Broken iron in the room took 16 hours to replace from the second request to change.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary1381
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior guest satisfaction and service. Unfortunately, we did not deliver this time during your stay and we are very sorry for that. Our hotel has a reputation to be one of the finest in the L.A. area, along with its AAA diamond rating.

We have addressed your concerns with the Housekeeping Department. We hope that you would give us a second chance to demonstrate what our guests have come accustomed to. Please contact me so I can assist you with your reservation on your next trip to the L.A. area.

Tom Whelan
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Amarano. We took a much needed break, stayed in our room and ordered room service and movies all weekend! The restaurant serves great food for the most part, there were a few misses, but I guess that’s what happens when you order the entire menu - there will be misses.

Our room had a Keurig coffee maker so we were able to “wake up” first thing in the morning to a decent cup of coffee.

Bed was comfortable. We overlooked the pool, with a balcony. When our room’s rear French doors were open, the loudness of the kids splashing was surprising because when closed, those doors killed 100% of all pool noise.

The only real problem we had … was a huge one.

Just be warned, if you give the hotel a card # at the beginning of your stay, they will proceed to charge your card for -all- room charges as you stay. They do not warn you of this. The charges show up as “Lucky Town Burbank LES.” I think they should let guests know that upon check-in, because we would have gladly given them a credit card instead of our debit card.

When we awoke from our dreamy relaxation on Sunday, we noticed 4 large charges pending on our debit card totaling over $1000 and asked about it at the front desk. We were told they had nothing to do with those charges, which all happened over the course of our stay. Front desk had no idea and no sympathy. Treated us like total chumps. Waiting for our car from the valet, we felt “kicked to the curb.”

We paid our hotel tab with a credit card and promptly cancelled our debit cards, put a hold on our bank account, and anxiously awaited Tues. morning so we could file a police report, as we had every reason to believe our bank cards had been hacked.

Also, we did not do much for the rest of the Labor Day weekend, because we were worried were actually out a “mystery” $1000. Totally ruined the remainder of our weekend.

After some sleuthing (on Labor Day), I traced Lucky Town Burbank LES to a Michael D. Barnello, and then traced them both back to the Amarano! We finally got someone on the phone at the hotel who explained their policy to us. We were relieved not to be the victims of bank fraud, but it’s too late to save our opinion of the Amarano.

We have relatives visiting soon and would have recommended the Amarano to them, but no recommendation should come with a warning. And I do think a warning is in order so others do not experience what happened to us.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Our apologies for the incovenience you experienced with regards to the hold on your debit card. It is the policy of all hotels to establish credit by putting a dollar amount for the length of the stay on your debit or credit card. Upon check-in, our registration card indicates that there will be a hold on the card.

I have addressed your concerns with regards to the Front Desk. The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior guest satisfaction and service. I hope you will have your relatives stay with us on their visit and give us an opportunity to deliver the service all our guests are accustomed to.

Tom Whelan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#93 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!