“my vacation”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Burbank

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Staff was very friendly. Harvey was quite nice to talk to and gave the lounge a "Cheers" type of atmosphere.
My problem was with my room. The handheld shower part was broken and water kept squirting every where from the hose part. At 6am there was a repetitive noise above my room. I assume it was the gym but then I learned the gym was below my room. Lastly, I set out my breakfast item pamphlet outside my door before 11p all filled out for breakfast to be delivered the next day. It was never picked up.
The place and staff was very friendly I just feel the actual workings of the place needs help.

• Stayed October 2012
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you for your comments and our apologies for some of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Guests that stay at the Hotel Amarano have always enjoyed our rooms. Unfortunately, your experience was not the same.

We've addressed these issues with the appropriate departments and they have been corrected. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to express the superior service and guest satisfaction we are known for.

Ny, NY
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My experience echos some of the previous reviews. The room was adequate, the bathroom seemed a bit outdated. After the first housekeeping pass, only half the towels were exchanged. Towels on the floor usually mean "please replace" - heap was left on the floor. We made coffee in our room, and only noticed the next morning that clean mugs and coffee supplies were not replaced. I wish there was some "truth in hotel room costs" where the various fees are clearly displayed as part of the rate. I know no one does that, but it would be nice.

The hold on my credit card was for over $250 more than the final cost of my room. Not sure why the hold is so high.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I have addressed your concerns with the Housekeeping Department. Not enough towels and not replacing coffee mugs are not our standard. It is a common practice for hotels to establish credit by putting a certain amount on hold to account for incidental charges during your stay. We ask that you give us another opportunity on your next visit to the LA area.

Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I've stayed at several hotels in Burbank, including the Tangerine. The Amarano is head and shoulders above the rest however it is way more expensive and parking is outrageous and must be valet. I always come back here. Great rooms, clean with great TV, excellent quality room service and a lovely new swimming pool/hot tub. The restaurant has great food and cocktails. The staff very helpful. I've never had a problem here. I love the proximity to great restaurants like Gindi Thai, Sushi Yuzu. Across the street in the strip mall is Emon Sushi which is also good. Stroll through Dana Drugstore for any unique cosmetic/personal needs. The Nail Garden also great! Vons is a high end grocery store. I buy water and cereal there! The only knock I have is the low strength Wifi and poor cell phone connectivity, somI sit buy the pool for a better connection--cocktail in hand of course!

Room Tip: I've stayed here 4 or 5 times and have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gee557
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As you know, the Hotel Amarano is the only 4-star boutique hotel in the San Fernando Valley. Our parking rates are the lowest in the LA area. Due to our location in a residential neighborhood and limited parking, our Valet service provides easy access to and from your car.

My apologies for your experience with our wi-fi. We do have high speed fiber optic and your connection should not have been an issue. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with your reservation on your next trip to the LA area.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Great location, nice and private, a great get away!! Very peaceful and everyone was very nice!! Just overall a great place to stay!! They have great in room dining service that tastes wonderful!! One downside is parking which is 32 dollars and everything at the place adds tax even on parking which I thought was ridiculous but its all worth it!! You could also park on the street if you have to!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
W. Fenwick Island
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We had a 3 night stay. Overall, satisfactory, but nothing really seemed to justify the price. Cost of valet parking was exhorbitant, so we parked on the street with no issues at all. Very nice largely residential neighborhood. Restaurants and stores just across the street. Very convenient. Room was clean, but there was only one coffee mug and only three bath towels that were almost thread bare - little absorption. The hotel should invest in good bath towels and provide guests with more than only one extra. We requested extras, but never received them. Complimentary shower gel provided did not sufficiently lather so we requested additional bars of hand soap (only one small bar was provided), which we received promptly. Utensils provided inadequate. As I recall there was one spoon, no forks, no knives. Mattress uncomfortable - way too soft. Don't think we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the front side of hotel over the patio area off the bar. Voices in conversation...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Our apologies for your experience during your stay at the Hotel Amarano. We pride ourselves on superior guest satisfaction and service but unfortunately, that was not your experience and we are truly sorry for that.

We would hope you would give us another opportunity to demonstrate the service our guests have come accustomed to. Please contact me when making your next reservation.

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 September 2012

When I visit family in Burbank I always feel like I'm coming home both because being with family is like coming home and returning to the Hotel Amarano Burbank is like coming back to my Home Away From Home. I love your hotel because it's very convenient, 2-3 blocks from where my family lives, but more importantly, because it's warm and welcoming, and so very pretty, it's clean, friendly, caring, safe, and loving, just like family.

Two things that are a little annoying (just like families have some annoying habits) are the lack of even a cereal bowl in the kitchen - I ate mine out of the coffee cup - and the faucets in both the bathroom and the kitchen (in the older wing) that splash all over everything. Other than those little annoyances, the accommodations are wonderful and I so look forward to coming "home" again and again.....Thank you.

Gail B.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#94 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!