“Outstnding Hotel a great find”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My wife and I were in town just for the day and found this place. The staff was very friendly and we had not problems checking in a bit early. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bar definately poured a nice drink and had no problem with us running them back to the room. Really liked the location and it was near to some of the atractions we came to see. Would definately stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you so much for your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our staff. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I have stayed at the Amarano before and had a nice experience, albeit was 10 years ago. Boy has it gone downhill. Our rooms weren't ready on time, they screwed up our reservation, not overly friendly manager and dirty, disgusting bedding. The duvets were stained with blood and god knows what else. I was extremely disappointed. They moved the pool from the roof top to the ground level and it now leaves a lot to be desired. Bartender was a real snob also. I would definitely not go back, especially at their prices!

Room Tip: don't bother with a balcony or pool view room. Waste of money. Pool isn't anything special...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

My sincere apologies for your disappointment with your stay here at the Hotel Amarano, We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction and we are very disappointed that we did not meet your expectations.

I have addressed your comments with the appropriate staff We have had some great comments with our new pool and balcony pool view rooms. Our guests are very happy with the new addition. We would ask that you give us another opportunity to deliver the 4-star service that our guests have become accustomed to, year after year. Please contact me directly to assist with your reservation.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

This was my 3rd stay at Amarano and may be my last. I had a balcony room with 'pool view' which was not worth the extra money. I really never enjoyed the pool or the balcony due to street noise, loud kids and/or intoxicated adults. The room was ok the first day (with the exception of a filty vent). The second day I returned at 4:00 p.m. and the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and sat by the pool until it was done. They didn't replace the coffee, the glasses (still dirty) or the towels. The 3rd day was a little better but still didn't replace all the towels. I asked the front desk about getting a ride to the airport (Burbank) at 6:00 a.m. and was told I had to take a cab at a cost of around $15.00. I mentioned this to another associate and she said they'd give me a voucher for the cab fare. Very nice, but why didn't the first guy offer that?? Sheets with holes, frayed pillow shams, dust-caked vents...Just not what you would expect from a "luxury" hotel! I'll try Safari Inn next time!

Room Tip: "Pool view" rooms can be noisy and not much privacy from neighbor next door or across the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cathleen35805
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Thank you for your review and we want to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. For sure, this is not the superior service and guest satisfaction our guests have accustomed to, while staying at the Hotel Amarano. We pride ourselves on our 4-diamond rating, and Trip Advisor Recognition of Excellence.

We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments and we ask that you give us another opportunity on your next visit to the LA area.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Staff was very friendly. Harvey was quite nice to talk to and gave the lounge a "Cheers" type of atmosphere.
My problem was with my room. The handheld shower part was broken and water kept squirting every where from the hose part. At 6am there was a repetitive noise above my room. I assume it was the gym but then I learned the gym was below my room. Lastly, I set out my breakfast item pamphlet outside my door before 11p all filled out for breakfast to be delivered the next day. It was never picked up.
The place and staff was very friendly I just feel the actual workings of the place needs help.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your comments and our apologies for some of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Guests that stay at the Hotel Amarano have always enjoyed our rooms. Unfortunately, your experience was not the same.

We've addressed these issues with the appropriate departments and they have been corrected. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to express the superior service and guest satisfaction we are known for.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

My experience echos some of the previous reviews. The room was adequate, the bathroom seemed a bit outdated. After the first housekeeping pass, only half the towels were exchanged. Towels on the floor usually mean "please replace" - heap was left on the floor. We made coffee in our room, and only noticed the next morning that clean mugs and coffee supplies were not replaced. I wish there was some "truth in hotel room costs" where the various fees are clearly displayed as part of the rate. I know no one does that, but it would be nice.

The hold on my credit card was for over $250 more than the final cost of my room. Not sure why the hold is so high.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I have addressed your concerns with the Housekeeping Department. Not enough towels and not replacing coffee mugs are not our standard. It is a common practice for hotels to establish credit by putting a certain amount on hold to account for incidental charges during your stay. We ask that you give us another opportunity on your next visit to the LA area.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I've stayed at several hotels in Burbank, including the Tangerine. The Amarano is head and shoulders above the rest however it is way more expensive and parking is outrageous and must be valet. I always come back here. Great rooms, clean with great TV, excellent quality room service and a lovely new swimming pool/hot tub. The restaurant has great food and cocktails. The staff very helpful. I've never had a problem here. I love the proximity to great restaurants like Gindi Thai, Sushi Yuzu. Across the street in the strip mall is Emon Sushi which is also good. Stroll through Dana Drugstore for any unique cosmetic/personal needs. The Nail Garden also great! Vons is a high end grocery store. I buy water and cereal there! The only knock I have is the low strength Wifi and poor cell phone connectivity, somI sit buy the pool for a better connection--cocktail in hand of course!

Room Tip: I've stayed here 4 or 5 times and have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gee557
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As you know, the Hotel Amarano is the only 4-star boutique hotel in the San Fernando Valley. Our parking rates are the lowest in the LA area. Due to our location in a residential neighborhood and limited parking, our Valet service provides easy access to and from your car.

My apologies for your experience with our wi-fi. We do have high speed fiber optic and your connection should not have been an issue. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with your reservation on your next trip to the LA area.

Tom Whelan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#91 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!