“Perfection.. the only choice for Burbank” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Amarano Burbank

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Los Angeles, CA
“Perfection.. the only choice for Burbank”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Can't say enough great things about this hotel. From the welcoming staff to the clean and luxurious room, everything here was perfect from start to finish. If you are looking for the Valley location this hotel can't be beat.

Room was too beautiful for words. Added plus of the coffee maker and microwave! Bath was just stunning... and so clean.

The lounge is cozy and welcoming in the evening and food in the restaurant and room service was equally fantastic.

A true boutique luxury hotel that breaks away from the "chain" properties in the area. Free WiFi is a big plus and the signal is great, thankfully. Area is quiet and comfortable but very close to the studios and upscale setting. And Hollywood was convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Our Team is delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we met all your expectations. Look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us.

Tom Whelan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

I booked the premium king suite at the Amarano Burbank hotel, which was supposedly the largest room they have. Not a particularly friendly check in, but this isn't a review about unfriendly staff. I wish that was it.

I get to my room and it looks a little worn. Not a good value (suite was $350+). Not a huge deal, but not impressive for the price.

A couple hours of working in my room and it's getting colder (the room is 69 degrees by now). I turn up the temp and the heating unit makes noise, but the room doesn't get warmer. Engineering comes out, fixes something, and leaves. Room still doesn't heat up so he comes again. I notice the air isn't blowing. He says, "well, heaters don't blow like AC does" and leaves. Seriously? .

I go out to buy some food hoping the trickle of heat will warm up the room. An hour and a half later when I retrn, the room is 73 degrees. I'll post the before and after pics later. I call engineering again, and he checks the filter and pronounces "It should be alright. The filter is clean!" as if that helps when the air still isn't blowing. I point that out and he finally concedes someone will work on it the next day.

Some may feel that 73 degrees is not awful, which it is not, but that is completely beside the point. Maybe I have poor blood circulation. Maybe my hands go numb below 73. Maybe it's not fall but winter, and instead of 73 it could be 66. The relevant point is that key hotel room amenities should work, especially something as basic as heating and ac.

So I transfer to another room. This one actually looks a lot newer even though it's smaller, and the temp goes up to 76 right away. They locked the temp to max out at 76, but that's a lot better than 73. I hit the sack and look forward to a good night's sleep.

Then I'm awakened at 5 am by a thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump sound. Uh, wth? It wasn't there when I went to sleep. It stops after 30 minutes. Then starts again. After an hour of sleuthing, I find the hotel's 24 hour exercise room has a treadmill and when someone is running, the surrounding rooms hear the thump.

I call the front desk and suggest they put a sign om the treadmill to limit hours from midnight to 8 am. Or something better than 5:30 am since the LA crowd likes to exercise early. He suggests I leave a voicemail with the general manager, which I do.

Some may feel that waking up at 5 am is a good time anyway, but that's also beside the point. Someone could have decided to run at 1 am or at 4 am run. The general manager hasn't called back yet (presumably because he doesn't hear a thumping sound at his house). I'll update this with part 2 and pics later.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near exercise room. Stay away from rooms where heating or ac blowers don'...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Our deepest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction. In your case, we have not delivered. We have addressed your concerns with appropriate department and this is the first time we have heard of any noise coming from our new fitness center, next to the swimming pool. That is why we moved the fitness center off the 4th floor to the 1st floor when we built our new expansion.
I also want to apologize for not receiving your voice mail. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your concerns further.

Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

I loved my stay at the Amarano. The staff couldn't do enough to make my visit comfortable, and everyone I ran into was friendly, professional and helpful. When I took a wrong turn to get to my room, a hotel housekeeper stopped what she was doing and walked me to my door. When I was setting my room service tray outside the door in the morning, another housekeeper hurried over and said she would be happy to take my tray; and the valets were very helpful in calling taxis, as needed, and chatted pleasantly with me as I waited for the cabs to arrive. My room looked like it had been recently redone or remodeled. Everything was clean and looked quite new. I had a lovely view of the pool, and the room was extremely quiet (I'm a light sleeper). Also, as a business traveler, I was delighted that the Wi-Fi was complimentary and easy to connect to. And, unlike other hotels I've stayed in around the country, the Amarano's Wi-Fi seemed both fast and reliable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We are glad that you enjoy your stay and that the Hotel Amarano delivered the service and guest satisfaction our guests have come accustomed to, year after year. We look forward to your next visit.

Slidell, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

I suprised my wife with our 1st anniversary in LA. I requested the Champange and strawbeery packege that show a beautiful layout but didnt get any of that!!! When we checked in we had limited towels maybe only 2 total no wash cloths or anything. Alos pool view room a wate of money the loud kids and street noise killed it. Also the bed and pillows sucked. The only reason i'm giving a average rating is because the distance to what we were doing was great.

Room Tip: close to Universal and Downtown Hollywood
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Our deepest apologies for not meeting your expectations. We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate department. The Hotel Amarano is a 4-star luxury boutique hotel with superior service. Unfortunately, we did not deliver as we have for so many of our guests. We ask that you would give us another opportunity when you travel to the LA area. Please contact me directly to assist you with your reservation.

Omaha, NE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

My wife and I were in town just for the day and found this place. The staff was very friendly and we had not problems checking in a bit early. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bar definately poured a nice drink and had no problem with us running them back to the room. Really liked the location and it was near to some of the atractions we came to see. Would definately stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our staff. Look forward to your next visit.

Menlo Park, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

I have stayed at the Amarano before and had a nice experience, albeit was 10 years ago. Boy has it gone downhill. Our rooms weren't ready on time, they screwed up our reservation, not overly friendly manager and dirty, disgusting bedding. The duvets were stained with blood and god knows what else. I was extremely disappointed. They moved the pool from the roof top to the ground level and it now leaves a lot to be desired. Bartender was a real snob also. I would definitely not go back, especially at their prices!

Room Tip: don't bother with a balcony or pool view room. Waste of money. Pool isn't anything special...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
My sincere apologies for your disappointment with your stay here at the Hotel Amarano, We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction and we are very disappointed that we did not meet your expectations.

I have addressed your comments with the appropriate staff We have had some great comments with our new pool and balcony pool view rooms. Our guests are very happy with the new addition. We would ask that you give us another opportunity to deliver the 4-star service that our guests have become accustomed to, year after year. Please contact me directly to assist with your reservation.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

This was my 3rd stay at Amarano and may be my last. I had a balcony room with 'pool view' which was not worth the extra money. I really never enjoyed the pool or the balcony due to street noise, loud kids and/or intoxicated adults. The room was ok the first day (with the exception of a filty vent). The second day I returned at 4:00 p.m. and the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and sat by the pool until it was done. They didn't replace the coffee, the glasses (still dirty) or the towels. The 3rd day was a little better but still didn't replace all the towels. I asked the front desk about getting a ride to the airport (Burbank) at 6:00 a.m. and was told I had to take a cab at a cost of around $15.00. I mentioned this to another associate and she said they'd give me a voucher for the cab fare. Very nice, but why didn't the first guy offer that?? Sheets with holes, frayed pillow shams, dust-caked vents...Just not what you would expect from a "luxury" hotel! I'll try Safari Inn next time!

Room Tip: "Pool view" rooms can be noisy and not much privacy from neighbor next door or across the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cathleen35805
Thank you for your review and we want to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. For sure, this is not the superior service and guest satisfaction our guests have accustomed to, while staying at the Hotel Amarano. We pride ourselves on our 4-diamond rating, and Trip Advisor Recognition of Excellence.

We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments and we ask that you give us another opportunity on your next visit to the LA area.

Tom Whelan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#99 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!