“Amazing Visit”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed only 2 nights at this perfectly appointed boutique property. I wished we could have stayed more. Try to get a room in the new wing. It was gorgeous. Beautiful linens, and amenities. Loved the large bathroom with huge shower with a seat. Staff was great especially the pool guys. They have a fantastic pool, and jacuzzi, but there are not many lounge chairs. We had a wonderful male housekeeper, who did a great job with our room. We stayed on the 2nd floor and our room was very clean, quiet, and extremely comfortable. We have family in Burbank and had to attend a wedding, so I would definitely stay here again when visiting the area. There is a Starbucks, VONS grocery store, Bank of America, and Bea Bea's breakfast place across the street which is very convinient. Great location to the freeway as well. I knew about the parking situation before I booked but it is expensive at 30.00 per day plus tax. Street Parking in the area is limited. The valet staff were very nice and you never waited long for your car. The parking should be no more than 10.00 per day but this is LA. I think all parking worldwide should be free. Especially at hotels, airports, and theme parks.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the new wing. They are a little more spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Asaptraveler
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post a review. I have shared your comments with our managers and staff and they were delighted to see that you were pleased with your stay. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist you with your reservation during your next visit to Burbank.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for a one night stay (attending a wedding that night).
It's tucked into a quiet little neighborhood and very pretty. All employees were very kind and helpful.
The hotel has a very modern and welcoming appeal. The pool (we saw from inside the hotel) looked very inviting and was full of guests.
Our room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Two luxurious robes were hung in the closet.
I could not work the alarm clock that could play iPhones/iTouch. I couldn't get the radio on either. I left a note for the housekeeping about it.
The bathroom lighting is not good for makeup application. It casts some crazy shadows. But it's nice other wise. We didn't use the shower, so I can't speak to the pressure. But it was clean and roomy.
My husband and I needed a cab to get to the wedding, but the hotel offered to drive us!

The only bad thing I would complain about it the charge for parking, which I feel is ridiculous to do in the first place. $32 a night.

Room Tip: As of May 2013, the person at reception told us he put us in the updated wing, so you might want to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

We are happy that you took time out to post a review and I have shared your comments with our staff. I want to apologize for the difficulty you had with the alarm clock and that you found the lighting in the bathroom not adequate for applying make-up. We will evaluate the situation and see what we can do to improve the lighting.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I called ahead to inquire about check-in time and was told 3pm but to call again at noon and they could see if we could get in earlier. Called at noon and was told to arrive at 2pm and the room would be available. Arrived at 3pm and was told the room hadn't yet started to be cleaned and to come back at 4pm.

We reserved the Junior Suite with kitchenette hoping to have the option to do some light meal prep in-room as my husband has food limitations. Kitchen is stocked with nothing - not even a glass, plate or piece of silverware. Front desk told us to just call down when we needed something so we ended up having 6-7 extra room staff trips. Available cookware is limited to a scratched non-stick skillet that looks like it was bought at a garage sale, metal utensils to further scratch it, a dull knife and one burner barely working on a two burner cooktop. Essentially do not plan on even scrambling eggs in this kitchenette - it just has a larger fridge.

Regular bed was very comfortable, pull-out bed was very uncomfortable. Breakfast at the restaurant was mediocre and over priced.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction and we are very disappointed that we did not deliver.

I have addressed your comments with the appropriate department to ensure there is not a re-occurrence of one of our kitchenettes not properly stocked. We hope that you will give us a second chance on your next trip to the LA area and if I can do anything to assist with your reservation, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here for our daughters wedding. It was a very cool hotel. We were very pleased to see our room. We had a suite with 2 bathrooms. It had separate sleeping area, two sets of French doors one in the living area and one in the bedroom. Now here's the problem the doors in living area broke unable to lock it. That made us uneasy, since we were on the ground level. Then to find out the doors in the bedroom we couldn't even open to enjoy the great space out doors. We were very disappointed. We brought this to the front desk attention but nothing was ever done.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your review and our sincere apologies for the experience you had with regards to the french doors. What's even more disappointing is that you contacted the front desk and they did not address the issue.

I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the superior service the Hotel Amarano is known for, on your next visit to the LA area.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at Hotel Amarano from May 22-26th with my family. My boyfriend and I stayed in a Deluxe King Room as did everyone else in our group. Check-In was a breeze and we were in our rooms in no time. I loved my room, and later checked out my family members rooms and realized they all had significantly larger tvs than us ( bummer since I booked this hotel for us) other than that we all had nice rooms. The only thing I will complain about is cleanliness, I noticed a lot of areas that needed attention in my room from stains on the shower curtains, dirty counter in the kitchenette, and the halls on the 4th floor were dirty when we arrived. This was a problem in all of our rooms, and the ONLY reason I didn't give this hotel a 5-star review. I enjoyed how quiet the hotel was, I loved the apples and chocolate we were welcome to. The hotel was very quiet, valet was prompt and friendly. This Burbank location was great and convenient to everything, this was our first time in California and Hotel Amarano was good to us!!!

Room Tip: Our rooms on the 4th floor were great, and we didn't hear traffic, or ppl working out in the gym...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time out to post a review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I have addressed your concerns with the Housekeeping department and I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations with regards to the tidiness of the room. Hopefully, this will not be your last trip to California and on your return, you will stay at the Hotel Amarano once again.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Our family enjoyed a lovely weekend stay at the Hotel Amarano. The location was convenient for all of the events we had in the valley. The room was spacious and the pool was fun. There was a lot of action in the hotel, so it seemed to have a buzz., but our room was quiet. Our kids did complain about the pull-out couch not being comfortable as a bed. We were impressed that we received a note of thanks from the tip we left for the maid! We also loved the delicious breakfast at the restaurant across the street at BeaBea's! We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, there always is a buzz here at the Amarano due to its popularity and location to the studios, Universal and Hollywood. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Nice little hotel tucked away within walking distance of Warner Brothers Studio (15 min walk). Older hotel with a new wing added. Great service, convenient, well maintained. Great breakfast restaurant across the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for taking time out to post a review. We are always very excited when we find our guests enjoyed their stay with us and took time out of their busy schedule to let us know. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Tom Whelan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#83 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!