“Very Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Hermosa Beach
“Very Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This is a very nice, quiet hotel. The staff is great, room very comfortable, fitness room well equipped for a small hotel. Would definitely stay again. Restaurant good, but not great. Wonderful place for breakfast right across the street.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank camolgi
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for taking time out to post a review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Burbank.

Tom Whelan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few years ago when in Burbank and I had a great experience so I was very much looking forward to returning. However, things weren’t as great this visit. I was at the hotel for 1 night and since I had so much work get done I was pretty much in the hotel all day and night until I my late check out the next day (which was extra).

The room was a nice size and very comfortable. Every staff member I interacted with at the front deck was extremely professional. Any of them could have worked at any of the top hotels in the world. The frustration began after check in. I had a room with a door that stuck on every open/closing, grinding wood on wood, so much so that you had to body check it to get it shut and really pull it very hard to open it. Even the room service staff were taken by surprise. The light next to the bed didn’t work. I assumed the light bulb needed replacing. Also, the lamp in the corner would turn on but flicker like a strobe light. It also took awhile for the hot water to reach the shower or the sink in the bathroom.

Unfortunately, since I had so much work to do, I never got to leave the hotel for meals. I ate 2 lunches, 1 dinner and 1 breakfast in my room. Lunch on the first day was ok. Dinner wasn’t great. I ordered the scallops with mushroom risotto and the entire thing was not really edible. The side salad was good though. The next morning I was hopeful for breakfast ordering the steak (medium) and eggs and coffee with cream and sugar. When breakfast arrived the eggs were ok but the steak was a thin piece of meat that was on the grill since last week. It was hours beyond WELL done. There was a comment card on the tray so I actually completed it and returned it with the tray and almost all of the breakfast. I never heard back from anyone that day and I didn’t check out until 3pm. For lunch I tried to keep it simple and just order the cob salad which was fine. I would avoid the room service at this hotel if you can.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelinKenChi
Thank you for your review. The Hotel Amarano has always pride itself on superior service and guest satisfaction and we have always gotten rave reviews with regards to our food. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations and I want to apologize for that. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate Team Members. We hope you will give us another opportunity when traveling to Burbank in the future.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed at Amarano for 3 nights, and just wanted to stay there for the rest of the year! Close to the film studios, and with a nice, quiet pool. All the staff were very friendly and gave us lots of nice advice (especialy the front office clerk, whose name I unfortunately have forgotten...mr Williamsen maybe? a bearded man with glasses who is always up for a chat). According to the valet guy, a favourite hotel of Lebowsky-stars Bridges and Goodman. Huge, bright, comfy rooms with everything you'll need! A gem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank megatrond21
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
It is always nice to hear when our hotel is described as a gem and that you totally enjoyed your stay with us. We want to thank you for taking time out to post this review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed 3 nights with two young teen daughters. The hotel was very full, so we had to book an ADA suite. This turned out to be great! Very spacious with king bed and pull out sofa so it was very comfortable for 3. The king bed was amazing! Super comfortable. The room was pretty and tastefully decorated. I believe they have the same room set up without the ADA accommodations. Highly recommed the extra room in the suite compared to standard hotel size. Very nice pool/hot-tub. Avoided hotel parking, per other reviews. Convenient to a small mall across the street for Starbucks, groceries, etc. Serene ambiance in lobby with candles/fireplace. Would be great for a romantic get-away as well. Restaurant prices were very high (although the food looked delicious) so we ate elsewhere. Nice alternative to chain hotels. Housekeeping was inconsistent. First day was great (they artfully arranged ny daughter's stuffed animals) but second night was lacking (only the basics, sloppy placement of towels, did not straighten anything up, etc). Front desk service also inconsistent. One staff member was abrupt/not warm but the another was very friendly and helpful. Bring all the staff up to speed and this will be top rate. Overall, very nice stay and I would go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and bringing to our attention your concerns. I have addressed your comments with the appropriate departments. We're very glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and hopefully, we will see you again sometime in the future.

Salinas, California
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We decided to get away for the long weekend and after going through the lost of my beloved mother I was really looking forward to a peaceful get away. The rudeness of the gentleman that answer the phone on July 2nd between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m. should of been a clue. It was less than an hour after we checked in that I was already frustrated it. Where do I start lets see, it was four of us and there was only two bath towels, the television set was not working properly, the refrigerator was dirty and the freezer was not working and the sink was leaking. I could go on and on but you get the picture and this is after I sent an email prior to my arrival to the manager with some concern and he assure me all would be working just fine. I do have to point out the staff was great. My girls and I step out to the pool on the night of July 4th and the staff that was out there at closing time was soooooooooooo nice and the lady that brought us extra towels to our room was super nice. I do have to give credit to Hotel Amarano for having outstanding staff working at there hotel. At check out time I ask for direction on how to get to Rodeo Drive and the lady that check us out was nice enough to print out the direction for us. So my rating for this Hotel would be a 10+ on staff but the accommodations would have to be a 6.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations with regards to your room and I want to sincerely apologize for that. We were happy to hear that you found our staff kind, courteous and polite and have passed your comments on to them. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments and I would hope you will give us another opportunity when you're traveling to the LA area some time in the future.

San Ramon, California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This will be my go to hotel when I am visiting family! My only coment would be the parking price....$$$ ouch! Good thing the hotel is in a great neighborhood and you can park around the corner for free.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
We're happy to hear we'll continue to be your go to hotel when visiting family and friends in Burbank. If we can ever be of assistance with future reservations, with regards to a particular room or one of our superior suites, please let us know. Thank you again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Amarano surprised me with its quality. Clean large rooms, well located for being able to eat inside or out, excellent swimming pool and gym, great staff, and excellent room service.

A room was not ready when I got in since I got in earlier than expected, but the staff helped me manage the situation really well, enabling me to change and dine while the room was readied.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
The Management and Staff of Hotel Amarano appreciate you taking time out to post a review and happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Tom Whelan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Central L.A
Sheraton Universal Hotel
Sheraton Universal Hotel
#109 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!