Hotel Amarano Burbank
US$164
ExtendedStay
The Tangerine(Burbank)
US$186
Safari Inn, a Coast Hotel(Burbank)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$197
Coast Anabelle Hotel(Burbank)
US$281
US$210
Travelocity
Burbank Inn & Suites(Burbank)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$171
Orbitz.com
US$133
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsboutique hotelacross the streetlibrary loungegreat boutiquevalet parkingsmall hoteluniversal studiosroom servicejunior suiteresidential areastreet parkingwithin mileswarner brosvalet staffbeverly hillsthe entire staffshort drive
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend chose this hotel mainly due to its location. As we were travelling around LA it was essential we were in a location near the studios and with easy access to the freeways etc. This hotel ticked all of those boxes.

Upon arrival to the hotel we were quickly and efficiently checked in.

The room was perfect. A very good size and very comfortable.

The pool was small but quiet so always had access to a lounger and the jacuzzi was a lovely way to end our days out.

The hotel was located opposite a Vons supermarket so was handy for grabbing lunch.

The front desk staff were always very helpful and gladly printed off directions to restaurants for us.

Our overall experience was very positive and would gladly return when we come back to LA.

The hotel provided free wifi which is always handy and there is plenty of street parking if you dont want to pay the valet fees.

Room Tip: Plenty of free street parking surrounding the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank riadh023
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be staying with us on your next visit to the LA area. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I wanted to get away during the heatwave and Hotel Amarano was the perfect choice. The pool was small but it wasn't crowded, so worked perfectly. We had drinks at the bar in the evening which had a fun atomosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

That was definitely a heat wave here in Southern California and we are glad to hear that you decided to cool off in our swimming pool and that you also enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for taking time out to post a review.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was my second time staying at Hotel Amarano. The first time I stayed with a girlfriend and we had a suite. The room was fabulous and all we could want. The second time, my husband and I had a regular room. While it wasn't as large or elegant as the suite, it was a good sized room. This time we spent some time in the lounge area. The server was not only nice, he taught my grandchildren how to play a game of cards and then sent the bartender over to show a magic trick. My grandchildren were in awe and I was pleased with their thoughtfulness. I will be back to the hotel and recommend it for your stay in Burbank.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We are pleased that you took time out to post a review and we are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I passed your comments on to Harvey, our Bartender who is very good when it comes to entertaining with some of his magic tricks.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

After doing a lot of research on places to stay for our family vacation and narrowing it down to 2 hotels, I'm so glad we chose Hotel Amarano. While I normally book online, I called the hotel directly with some questions and am glad I did. Lauren was fabulous and spent a good amount of time with me on the phone to determine the right room accommodations and give us the best deal for our money. Since we were staying for 5 nights and planning a trip to Universal Studios, Lauren was able to double up on promotional offers that I wouldn't have been able to access had I made the reservation online myself. I really appreciated the time she took and the effort she made to give us the best value. When we arrived, we were already forewarned about the valet parking (thanks to previous reviewers) so we found parking on Oak Street which was easy and super close to the side entrance of the hotel. (We parked there all week with no problems at all). Upon checking-in, we were upgraded to a 1-bedroom on the 4th floor. While it was spacious and included a full kitchenette, we felt the Premier Jr. Suite we requested at the time of booking would better suit us. Laurie was great about moving us to our new room in the new wing. While it wasn't as spacious as the 1-bedroom, it sure was beautiful! We loved the large tiled entryway, the spacious room and the luxurious bathroom! We weren't planning on cooking so the mini-frig and microwave along with the Keurig coffee maker were fine for us. Did I say how beautiful our room was?
Since we were there during the week at the end of August, the hotel was relatively quiet. We started each day with a trip across the street to Starbucks, Von's or breakfast at Bea-Bea's (yum) before we headed out for our day's activities. Each night, we made use of the beautiful pool area and hot tub. The pool was warm enough for even me to swim in and the hot tub was a lifesaver for our sore muscles after our busy days. Most of the week, we had the whole area to ourselves or shared it with a few other friendly guests. On our last night, we were even greeted by who I believe was the manager. (We still want to know where you got those candles around the pool!) We also made use of the shuttle which was very convenient and ate at the restaurant one morning for breakfast (included in one of the promotions). Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and loved our room and the pool area the most. The only suggestion I have is to install a hook or two in the bathroom to hang robes, pjs, bathing suits from. Draping them over the shower or the side of bathtub really detracted from an otherwise beautiful bathroom! Thanks for being such a big part of a great family vacation to Southern California! We'll definitely be back the next time we head down from Lincoln (next to Auburn)!

Room Tip: 1-bedroom in the old wing was spacious with a full kitchenette, while rooms in the new wing were a little smaller but really beautiful. Request 3rd or 4th floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank One4amr

Thank you for taking time out to write such an extensive review. I have passed your comments on to our staff and I do remember meeting you at the pool one evening as we talked about where you were traveling from and I had mentioned I had friends living in Auburn, CA. As far as the lanterns around the pool, they were purchased at Urban Home.

Thank you again. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Hotel Amarano was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, including hot-shot 5 star hotels. The room was extremely comfortable with all the amenities you would want and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The service rendered by the various staff members was outstanding and always with a smile and friendly greeting. I would not hesitate to stay there again should the occasion arise and would certainly recommend it to anyone who really wants to enjoy their hotel experience.

Room Tip: Just ask for one not over looking the hotel entrance
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael G

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you will stay with us on your next visit to the LA area. We also want to thank you for taking time out to recommend the Hotel Amarano to friends and family.