Hotel Amarano Burbank
The Tangerine(Burbank)
US$186
US$242
US$199
Safari Inn, a Coast Hotel(Burbank)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$197
Coast Anabelle Hotel(Burbank)
US$210
Travelocity
Burbank Inn & Suites(Burbank)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$171
Travelocity
All reviewsboutique hotelacross the streetlibrary loungegreat boutiquevalet parkingsmall hoteluniversal studiosroom servicejunior suiteresidential areastreet parkingwithin mileswarner brosvalet staffbeverly hillsthe entire staffshort drive
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Have stayed here over 10 times. Love everything about this hotel.
Great service, good food, fun happening bar...lovely!
The pool area is relaxing and the rooms with patio overlooking the pool are some of my favorites. Highly recommend

• Stayed: February 2014
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We just want to let you know how happy we are that you enjoyed your stay. It's always great when we have met or exceeded one's expectations. Hope to see you some time in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My best friend and I stayed here while we were in CA for the Ellen Show! I did some research on hotels and found this hotel to be in a nice safe neighborhood close to everything we wanted to do. There's a grocery store right across the street, a wonderful breakfast cafe and awesome Mexican Restaurants close by. We're from small town Kansas so this place was very upscale to us! Smells wonderful when you first walk in! Had drinks at the bar every night and Harvey the bartender was awesome! He'll show you some great magic tricks! Met some great people every night. Staff was very accommodating and helpful. Pool is small but very nice. When we were there we had the whole thing to ourselves! Bring your drinks and ipod or whatever.. no music is out there. We parked on the side street (Oak) instead of paying for valet garage parking. There are doors on the N side that take you right to the lobby. Never had a problem finding a spot although we did get a ticket for parking in their Red Zone. (we had no idea what that was so didn't know to to looking for red curbs at night) So pay attention to that! Michael was the manager on duty when we were there and was very helpful making sure we got to watch our Kansas Jayhawks in the bar. Drinks and food were expensive but great! (We found everything in CA is crazy expensive!) We both had to work so the wifi in our room was really nice. We never made it down to the gym but I'm sure it was great! Overall we loved the hotel and had a great time! Could use better shower heads and some extra lighting by their large mirrors but other than those minor things everything was so nice. Very clean. Would highly recommend and if we ever get back to CA we'll stay again! Thanks Amarano! Wish we could have stayed longer!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

We also wished that you could have stayed longer and we want to thank you for taking time out to let everyone know how much you enjoyed the hotel. I have passed your kind words to Harvey & Michael and I know how much they appreciate it. My apologies for the music not being on at the pool that day, because we do have a great selection of songs.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Hotel Amarano is a fantastic little find and we'd love to return. We're a family of five who arrived around 9pm after a long road trip - and the front desk staff couldn't be more welcoming! They really worked to find us the most comfortable room available. After we settled in and came downstairs for a late bite to eat...again, staff couldn't have been nicer. We're pretty picky and found the hotel well decorated, comfortable and clean. "Family" and "boutique hotel" aren't always compatible and it's a special property that can successfully do both.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that you took time to let everyone know that you are pleased with your stay. It is always nice to hear when we have delivered and met one's expectations.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed at Hotel Amarano because of it's proximity to Warner Brothers studio. I chose a nice hotel for my daughter and I for this special trip to see the Ellen Show. The check-in staff at the front desk was very nice and efficient. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. When I booked the room before Christmas, I was told that I would be given a newer room with a view of the pool. As it turns out, our view was that of the shopping mall across the road.
I was surprised that the front desk staff the following night couldn't recommend off-hand a family restaurant in the neighbourhood of the hotel that wasn't a burger place. When they finally thought of one, the map printed out was so small, it was illegible. We ended up at a different restaurant.
On check-out early the next morning, the front desk staff printed out the check out sheet for me and I checked over the charges. When I passed him my credit card, he seemed surprised and said he already placed the charges. I thought that was innappropriate considering I hadn't signed anything or give him permission to use the card on file. What if I had wanted to use a different credit card?

1  Thank MEBR2014

Thank you for your review and our apologies for any inconvenience with regards to your credit card. It is customary for hotels to establish credit upon check in, although at check out, you are able to use a card of your choice to finalize your bill. I have addressed your other concerns with our Front Office Manager and we sincerely apologize for not accommodating you with one of our balcony pool view rooms.

The Ellen show is very popular and most guests stay with us when traveling to Burbank to attend the show, also taking advantage of our free shuttle service, not only to/from the Burbank Airport but also the Ellen Show.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We traveled to Los Angeles to visit our son (who lives in North Hollywood) and like to stay in boutique hotels. We found Hotel Amarano through the internet. It has a great location - right across the street is a grocery store, Starbucks, and two restaurants. The property is small and attractive. Our one complaint was that we had to ask each day to have our room cleaned. We would go out in the morning and stay gone until late afternoon. Both days that we returned our room had not been touched by housekeeping. The front desk was apologetic but it was still bothersome to have to wait to have the room cleaned.

Hi Susan:

We appreciate you posting a review and letting us know how much you enjoyed the hotel. I have gone over your concerns with the Housekeeping Department and we would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you again.