“Wonderful stay”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We came to Burbank for a week to visit my daughter, who lives very close by. I thought the hotel was wonderful. We stayed in a deluxe king room that had a walk in closet, big entry and kitchenette. It was very spacious and the housekeeping staff was one of the best that I have ever experienced. They even organized my make-up on the bathroom sink. I thought the staff was friendly and the hotel is beautiful. My only complaint was the shower was not good at all. I think they need to install new shower heads....not enough force for me. My only regret is that because of a tight sight seeing schedule we were not able to spend as much time at the hotel enjoying the pool and restaurant. I will definitely stay here again when I come back to California.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking time out to post a review and it is always nice to hear when a guest has stayed with us and will return on their next visit to California. I have passed your comments on to our staff and I know they are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Happy with the hotel. A little pricey for what it is, but it was a pleasant stay. Parking cost seems excessive. I was in town for a week and moved hotels after 3 days. Found a better value at a new location. The prices increased significantly during the weekdays which seemed strange. The staff was helpful and courteous. The pool was nice and rooms were clean. Robes in the room were a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2014
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking time out to post a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and had the opportunity to experience the customer service all our guests have come accustomed to. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I weren't impressed with the Hotel Amarano. We booked the room a week in advance as we had a Universal Studios pass to preview the new Despicable Me Ride. We arrived early and figured on our rooms not being ready (which was the case). We figured on a shuttle ride to the park since we were already paying $33 for valet parking and wanted to save on the parking there. Nope not the case the valet gentleman told us shuttle didn't start running until 11am and would probably take longer because he was the only one on duty. (I guess he pulls triple duties in Valet, Bell Hop and Shuttle Driver)..For what their website claimed to be a four star hotel the staff wasn't very friendly and I thought since we were paying a $1.68 tourism fee on the bill they could at least put a smile on their face. I probably won't return and really wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

My sincere apologies for you not experiencing 4 star service our guests have become accustomed to here at Hotel Amarano. I have addressed your concerns with our Team Members and we are sincerely sorry for any misunderstanding and would ask that you give us another opportunity to demonstrate Hotel Amarano's superior service and guest satisfaction. I would be more than happy to assist you with your future reservation and I can be contacted at 818-260-4750.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great clean friendly hotel in general, front desk staff all very helpful too.
Only one problem with Asian waiter in restaurant refusing to serve me breakfast at 10.40 he tells me we are closed go to the bar area, bar server tells me she isn't open till 11.30 but theres a good place over the road! What? I'm a paying guest. Go to reception, girl makes phone call apologises and sends me back to restaurant Asian guy ignores me again and his co-worker serves me. How odd.
This is a fresh clean hotel with high standards and a good feel to it.
I enjoyed staying here and will return soon. Might give the restaurant a miss.
Terry.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction. We have reviewed your concerns with our Food & Beverage staff and I want to sincerely apologize for the confusion with regards to you wanting to dine with us. It is a policy of the Hotel Amarano to accommodate all of our guests at any time and that's the reason why we have 24 hour room service. You should have been able to dine in the lounge or restaurant.

Look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Not much to add to the earlier postive reviews. Great location, excellent food, prompt, friendly, professional service. The only negatives I would mention are the daily parking fee, which seems a bit high, and the shower heads, which, as mentioned in another review, don't deliver enough water. However, we've experienced the same problem in 5 star hotels in New York and London, so..

.All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dglwriter
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

I have passed your review on to our staff because I know they will be glad to know how much you enjoy the hotel service, along with the food and accommodations. We are going to look at the particular shower heads in question. Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Second time around for us. Staff, courteous. Rooms, immaculate. Location, can't be beat. Plenty of street parking because $33 for valet is insane (doesn't include tip). Across from a Von's and from Bea Bea's (where you should go at least once for breakfast). Great quiet location. Near freeways. Easy to get around. Do not book room on the pool, though. Because rooms on first floor on the pool side are that close to the pool! It was quiet at night because it's still cool but I expect it can get pretty noisy by the pool during the summer.

Room Tip: Avoid pool rooms unless you intend to hang out at the pool!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

We are glad to hear that your second stay was as good as your first. We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction and we are always very proud when we have delivered.

Thank you for taking time out to post a review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I've stayed here for at least 10 years when it was called the Graciela.
Nice comfortable rooms with good beds and linens...only problem I find is the need for new better flow shower heads
The staff is always helpful and friendly and the bar/lounge is very relaxing and vibrant.
Parking is a little high priced!
Best hotel in Burbank!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for posting a review. It is nice to hear when someone returns after not visiting for a while and still finds the hotel a hidden gem.

Look forward to your next visit!

Tom Whelan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
The Tangerine
#2 of 20 in Burbank
The Garland
#14 of 355 in Los Angeles
Holiday Inn Burbank
#12 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!