“A true gem”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here based on a friend's recommendation and we were so glad we did! This sweet boutique hotel is in an excellent location, clean room, a vibrant bar and delicious food. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

It is always nice to hear when someone describes the hotel as a true gem.

We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction and it isalways great to hear when we have delivered. Thank you for taking time out to post a review.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We cant say enough great things about this hotel...everyone that we came in contact with went above and beyond. From the first call to book a reservation, Sona & Arlando at check in, Dorothy and Angela in house keeping, Tracey and Norm at the bar, Edmund at the restaurant, and of course Michael Rose front manager.....We are looking forward to our next visit to the Burbank area and of course at the Amarano Burbank.

John and Gloria Dunn and John Sr at 91 years young ...

Room Tip: Top floor, top suites and top service.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at the Hotel Amarano. The Team is so happy that you have recognized them for going above and beyond. We all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I made my reservation based on other reviews. My daughter and I were having a mothers day get away and wanted somewhere nice to stay for a few days. I didn't have a car so didn't have to worry about paying the extra charge for parking, as some other reviewers complained about. Instead the hotel has a SUV shuttle that was awesome!! They picked us up and returned us to the airport, and also back and forth to Universal Studios, never waiting more than 4 or 5 minutes. The drivers were all very friendly as were all the employees at the front desk. We also purchased discounted tickets to Universal which was nice so we didn't have to wait in line The location was excellent, close enough to CBS studios where we went for a live taping, Hollywood blvd, etc. Went to the bar and the bartender did a few magic tricks. All in all we had a great time. Room was clean. Pool was on the small side but nicely heated and hardly anyone but us using it. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room on the pool side. Our room faced the street and the road noise could be heard...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa G

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review and share your experience here at the Hotel Amarano. We are glad to hear that you will return again some time in the future and we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very comfortable beds. At night I had to turn the A/C off because it was loud. Omg on the loud topic the floors are paper thin. The person in the room above me walked like an elephant, stomp stomp stomp. Rude!. Ok now on the Rude topic the assistant manager Jon - has no manners, I pointed out to him the he had "pawned me off to someone else" ..wtg. On arrival I had no internet connection, the front staff sent to my room..get this...the hotel maintenance guy with his tool belt. I wonder which "tool" made that decision. I thank Edwin - front desk, that got my internet going and with other suggestions regarding transportation. ""Thank you"" for not "pawning me off" to someone else and you did it yourself.
There's nothing complimentary in this hotel, not even the coffee. It's an expensive hotel for what you get. I liked that there was a plaza right across the street. Location is fantastic!

Room Tip: my room was on main floor. not sure about the others.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting a review and my apologies for any inconvenience during your stay. I have shared your concerns with our Team and I would ask that you give us another opportunity some time in the future.

The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction. Hopefully, we will have another opportunity to deliver on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I go to LA regularly and have stayed in several hotels but the Amarano is a hidden gem! Lovely rooms nicely finished and warm welcoming staff provides an intimate stay which makes you feel a valued guest. will stay there every trip from now on!

Stayed: July 2013
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking time to let us know. We are excited that you will be returning on your next trip to the Los Angeles area. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with your reservation.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here for a family holiday and it was perfect for us, great location it was close enough to disney and central LA but was in a quiet spot. the room was perfect size as we had 2 kids it had a seperate lounge and a seprate walk in wardrobe which was big for a hotel. The staff were great and prompt. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite huge, with seperate lounge and kitchen was great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We want to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review and we are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. It is always nice when we receive feedback from one of our guests letting us know that we have delivered. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We made the reservation blind, based solely on the recommendation of a co-worker and we're glad we did. It's a beautiful hotel centrally located to some of Burbank's iconic locations, many of which are within walking distance. The room was nicely updated and furnished with modern style, a comfortable bed, and a nice balcony overlooking the pool area. Room service was great and timely, and I found the rest of the staff friendly and very helpful with restaurant recommendations, etc. Let's put it this way, my next trip to LA will include a stay at the Amarano.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the room with a balcony view of the pool area. With the gorgeous California weather, it...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert J

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you took the advice of a friend and decided to stay with us here at the Hotel Amarano. I have passed your comments on to your staff and I know they do appreciate it. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the LA area.

Tom Whelan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#82 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!