“Great for Burbank business travellers”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Had to stay for work. Very pleased with the room and general hotel area.

Aircon was quite loud and there were a few confusing details for example, soap only in the shower not by the basin, and the bed side lamp couldn't be turned off from bed rather its switch was by the front door of the room.

Service quality was a little lacking as check in staff weren't very welcoming. Nothing went wrong but they didn't volunteer a warm smile or any extra information beyond 'How many keys?'

Easy walk to local cafes across the road and a little further by crossing the freeway. I did both on foot within minutes.

A very good stay and will stay again for general hotel design and cleanliness, and convenient location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our apologies for not executing the attention to detail that you brought to our attention. I have reviewed your comments with our team and we look forward to your next visit so that we can deliver the superior guest service and satisfaction the Hotel Amarano is known for.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for four nights with ( two rooms) wife, daughter and mom and was very pleased. Upscale, quiet and clean. Great service and uber great location. Seven minute access to Universal Studios as well as connecting highways elsewhere. Nice shops and grocery store in strip mall across the street. Pool is small but has two cabanas to rent besides free lounge chairs and jacuzzi too. Very small my but works of you are dedicated. Price beats the Sheraton & Hilton in overall value. Great Burbank boutique hotel.

Stayed: August 2014

We are always happy when someone takes time out to let us and everyone else know how much they enjoyed the hotel. We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction and to hear that we delivered is always appreciated.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The Amarano has always been my favorite hotel in LA. For Hollywood and Valley business, Burbank is a great location and that small hotel is ideal. And now it has a restaurant. Room service was always good there and you could have it at night at the bar. But you had to move out to have a meal with guests. Not anymore and the quality of food is still excellent. I highly recommend it. Finally the Amarano is a full service hotel. That is very welcome.

• Stayed: August 2014

We would like to thank you for posting a review and we are happy to hear how much you enjoy Hotel Amarano.

I have shared your comments with our Team and they all look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We decided to stop in to the bar for a starter before we went out to dinner. My husband has been telling me for years that we needed to go for the "glacier style" martini's. We arrived just before it started to get busy and were greeted by Harvey, our bartender. What a nice man, and we were lucky enough to see him perform magic tricks!! :) I still don't know how he picked my card! He is AWESOME. We asked him if he ever went to the Bistro Provence across the street (because that was where we were going for dinner) and he said it was really good. He asked if we had reservations, but I didn't book one. So, he pulled out his phone and said, "let me book you a reservation so you have a nice table"....and he did. WOW, so nice!! We are planning to go back some Thursday-Saturday just to thank him and for more Magic!!! :) What a great evening!!

Room Tip: We didn't stay at a room, but I do hear they are very nice! My brother-in-law was given a tour b...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking time out to post your experience at the Library Lounge. Harvey, the Bartender is not only a great bartender who makes some amazing cocktails but is also one of our many amazing team members here at the Hotel Amarano. Hopefully, you have an opportunity to stay in one of our guest rooms some time in the near future. I would be more than happy to assist you with your reservation. I can be contacted at 818-260-4750.

Thank you again.

Tom Whelan

P.S. I have yet to figure out any of Harvey's card tricks.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you're visiting Burbank, Hollywood, or any of the local Studios, here's the place to stay. Its convenient, friendly, small, quaint, elegant, and very inviting. This was our third visit and we're already booked again for a stay in two months.

After staying here the question will always be... "Why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: All are great.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard M
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words and we have to agree, why stay anywhere else? We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction and it is always so nice to hear back when we have delivered.

We look forward to seeing you in 2 months and I would be more than happy to take care of your reservation personally. I can be contacted at 818-260-4750. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Everything was excellent about my stay except the price. I don't get out much, so maybe the price was good. The staff was great. The room was great. Check in was quick and easy even though we got in late. The in house bar was convenient. A good time was had by all. Cheers

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

So nice to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel Amarano. I have passed your comments on to our team and we all look forward to seeing you again some time in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We looked forward to booking into this hotel after a long drive from Yosemite but when we got to the hotel they proceeded to give us the worst room.

This seems to be standard practice for hotels as they try to fob off the worst rooms to people they think wont complain. What is not standard practice is for the hotel to have bad attitude when you complain and say you want something different (the hotel was not full). My wife asked for a change of room and instead of being helpful she got backchat from the concierge along the lines of 'you should take what you are given'.

This sort of bad attitude very easily ruins any positive views that you may have of the hotel. The room itself was pleasant and the pool area and hot tub nice. I would not recommend booking a room around the pool however as it is very noisy and people stay up late and party in the pool.

I would not recommend this place

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Concernedmonkey

Thank you for taking time out to post a review and we are glad to hear that you found the hotel to be very pleasant and that you also enjoyed our jacuzzi and swimming pool.

While reading your comments with regards to our staff and their response when you requested to change rooms, I am thinking that possibly, you were critiquing the wrong hotel. Our staff prides itself on superior service and I've never heard that one of our agents responded with that tone. I would very much like to talk with you about your stay or if you could email me the name of the agent that presented the bad attitude, it would be very much appreciated. We would also ask that you give us another opportunity some time in the future.

818-260-4750

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
The Garland
#15 of 355 in Los Angeles
The Tangerine
#2 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!