“Great hotel; Responsive Staff”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Kansas City
“Great hotel; Responsive Staff”
Reviewed 7 March 2010

Overall, this is a good boutique hotel. I've stayed a few times, and found the staff responsive, and facilities very good. I asked to be moved this stay after being disturbed well into the night by other guests in the hall ... on multiple occasions. No problems - made the switch without a hitch. parking is too expensive. But overall a good stay. Well priced compared to neighboring chains.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mattnaylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
arizona
Reviewed 20 February 2010

I selected this hotel for two reasons---it was very close to the Warner Brothers lot (we went to the Ellen Show) and second, they offer free town car service to and from the Burbank Airport as well as within 3 miles of the hotel.

When we arrived, we were in love with the decor of the lobby! We arrived at 12noon and our room was ready which was very comfortable and nice. We had lunch outside at the hotel restaurant which was delicious. Our server, Jorge, was excellent and took great care of us.

When we returned from the Ellen Show (which was amazing and so much fun!) we were exhausted so we ordered room service and it was prompt and wonderful.

There is a grocery store across the street (a neighborhood street not a busy street) so one of my friends ran over and got pastries and juice for breakfast.

We really enjoyed this hotel and would return again!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
california
Reviewed 15 February 2010

we stayed one night. we're locals and wanted to stay in luxury for valentines weekend. at check-in the man was very unprofessional (listed as 4 stars?) and the housekeepers completely ignored our door hanger requesting turn down service. and it was NOT very busy, the garage was almost totally empty of cars...we saw just one other customer the whole visit. which was very nice for us, nice and quiet...but also says a lot about the hotel, not very popular. we expected more since they're rumored to be used to celeb clients. it was not apparent to us.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Mount Vernon, Maine
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I regularly visit Glendale for business and regularly stay somewhere close to the office there. However, my usual choices were booked up for the week between the Rose Bowl and the BC Championship, so I tried the Hotel Amarano in Burbank. It is convenient to Bob Hope Airport, which was helpful in that I had to meet a colleague who flew in after me. The neighborhood around the hotel is quiet, however. Parking at the hotel is expensive, and I sometimes parked on the street. The hotel itself is very nicely decorated and furnished. My room was both comfortable and stylish. Hotel staff provided excellent service. I made a number of requests of the front desk and they responded perfectly. The Hotel Amarano is relatively expensive. For my purposes. though, it was worth it.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 11 January 2010

This hotel was FABULOUS! The location was the BEST, beds were cozy, customer service was A+ and decor was clean, simple & sophisticated. I'd stay here again in a second! HIGHLY recommend!

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Austin, TX
Reviewed 2 January 2010

I don't know how this hotel received 4-start rating. I will say it's a solid 3 or 3.5 star hotel. Not bad. Just not a 4-star hotel for sure. A small boutique hotel with modern deco. Free Wi-Fi with good speed. Can print at its business center for free. $30 per night for parking is ridiculous - even for LA area. Found street parking every night without any problem, often within few feet of the side door. It seems a safe area and never had any problem with street parking or short walk to/from hotel to car. Don't pay to park at this hotel, unless you are a sucker. The room had a fairly accurate thermostat which was a big plus. On the other hand, all faucets lacked aerator, and they spewed out at high speed in few hard streams, splattering water all other the counter. I thought most municipalities build code required it. Not very green or customer friendly, in my opinion. My kids hated it, too. It was major annoyance. Nice soft bed. Liked that. Nice hot tub area in the roof and generous seating area perfect for friends to gather and chat, but we didn't use it, as it was cold in the evenings.

Some doorman/valet never opened the door when we came back in the evening, though he had nothing else to do. He was reading a newspaper. The room is a decent size and clean. What's up with black-and-white artistic photo frames of naked bodies, including naked buttocks? Nothing obscene. Naked female bodies with private parts covered with overlay of water. Quite nicely done actually for grown-up's (even tasteful, I might say), but it prompted my kid to stare at them in puzzlement. Not offensive but questionable for kids. Location was very convenient to Universal Studios and other attractions (walk of fame, etc). Easy and quick access to major highways. Street was closed for repair few feet away from the hotel in the direction we were coming from (per GPS instruction), and took a long time to actually get to the hotel. Not very easy to find. Overall, a nice hotel, but just not a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SideRoad
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 November 2009

My spouse and I traveled to Burbank to see our daughter. This was our first stay at the hotel. We originally booked a 4 night stay online at the hotel's website. They offered a very good discount, up to 40% off the "rack rate" if you stayed at least 3 nights and if you booked online you got a room upgrade. While it is true that the valet parking is pricey, you could include a breakfast (1) for only a few dollars more if you booked online. We thought that was actually a better deal. I had printed my confirmation letter for the reservation but noticed I hadn't gotten my room upgrade. I made a quick phone call to the hotel and in a flash I got a great gal, she assured me of the room upgrade and sent another confirmation letter to my e-mail, along with a short note. The personal touch was great.
Upon arrival we were checked in with ease and a friendly staff. Our room was beautiful and clean. We arrived on a Friday, but by Saturday evening my spouse started to have flu symptoms and a fever. It grew worse the next day and we had to go to the emergency room at a hospital that was located close to the hotel. We never found out if it was H1N1, but in 30 years of marriage I have never seen my spouse so ill that getting out of bed was a task. I knew then we would have to stay at the hotel until my spouse was well enough to travel.
The hotel staff was fabulous! They extended our rate for as long as we needed to stay. I can't say enough about the wait staff, bartender, room service, housekeepers, and the front desk. I spent the rest of my time (8 nights) in the hotel. The food was very good, hot when it arrived from room service. The bar area and tables are always available for food service just ask the front desk if no one is on duty in that area. My daughter and I did that more than once for a change of pace. Great service! You can also order room service up to the rooftop deck and sit outside. Beautiful! A wonderful hotel across the street from Starbucks, Von's grocery, french bistro restaurant, and others. We will be returning to really enjoy our next stay,

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Central L.A
Sheraton Universal Hotel
Sheraton Universal Hotel
#111 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!